What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Cabatli i can't see naval variant of ASELSAN KORKUT on it... Is this because this is preliminary design ?..
Why do you want Korkut? Just because its ours? I don't think navy will ever go for it when there is a superior CIWS like RAM out there.

Why do you want Korkut? Just because its ours? I don't think navy will ever go for it when there is a superior CIWS like RAM out there.

If i'm not wrong Cabatli told naval version of KORKUT will be produced also... At the end KORKUT is an air defence weapon and TF-2000 is an air defence frigate... And sure one of my reason is it is indigenous... And i don't think our navy will accept a low quality weapon so i'm sure naval KORKUT will be so good...

If i'm not wrong Cabatli told naval version of KORKUT will be produced also... At the end KORKUT is an air defence weapon and TF-2000 is an air defence frigate... And sure one of my reason is it is indigenous... And i don't think our navy will accept a low quality weapon so i'm sure naval KORKUT will be so good...
Korkut's engagement range is something like 2 km on other hand RAM got 9 km range.

Cabatli i can't see naval variant of ASELSAN KORKUT on it... Is this because this is preliminary design ?..

@Kul,

It depends on desicion. It is seen that Instead of putting close in weapon system with barrel, Our officials are planning to deploy RAM missiles (2x) to carry out more precision engagements from longer ranges against coming threats. As long as design started maturing more, We will see more details regarding onboard weapon systems...

I think Korkut is too hugh. Their are better CIWS systems on battle ships.

Korkut's engagement range is something like 2 km on other hand RAM got 9 km range.

I don't know their ranges maybe Cabatli can answer this but i'm sure ASELSAN will make it so good... ASELSAN didn't produce KORKUT for nothing...

Watch this videos... Guy tells that KORKUT is better then it's rivals...

Aselsan'dan Korkutan Silah | İzlesene.com Video

And this guy tells that they design this to be used on amphibious vehicle and that's why we understand that this is a limited version...

@revojam @cabatli_53

Ok...

BTW can you answer this question too ?..

Turkish Naval Programs | Page 56

Last edited:
TF-2000 Preliminary Design

967744df55f4018fedcb3739bbf77c6f64432500ae1f16ad00c9b31411aaef3216168.jpg

Too many Vertical Launch tubes for SM-2 and Gezgin (1000+km) Cruise Missile + 16 Atmaca SSM.

I like the design. Except the Command Center, the protrude roof.

I don't know their ranges maybe Cabatli can answer this but i'm sure ASELSAN will make it atleast as good as RAM... ASELSAN didn't produce KORKUT for nothing...

Watch this videos... Guy tells that KORKUT is better then it's rivals...

Aselsan'dan Korkutan Silah | İzlesene.com Video

And this guy tells that they design this to be used on amphibious vehicle and that's why we understand that this is a limited version...

@revojam @cabatli_53

Ok...

BTW can you answer this question too ?..

Turkish Naval Programs | Page 56

Unfortunately, I don't have any info in my hand regarding DIMDEG...

It is perfect time to develop a RAM equivalent based on Short range AA missile or Hisar-MANPAD programs. There is a huge requirement of Turkish industry for such a missile system...

Unfortunately, I don't have any info in my hand regarding DIMDEG...

It is perfect time to develop a RAM equivalent based on Short range AA missile or Hisar-MANPAD programs. There is a huge requirement of Turkish industry for such a missile system...

No, i am clear about DİMDEG but SSM has 2 different projects about support/supply ships......

1- DİMDEG under Support Ship Projects title of SSM...

Denizde İkmal Muharebe Destek Gemisi

I found it in STM's website...

Deniz Projeleri > Projeler

Here is the design of DİMDEG... No problem with DİMDEG...

proje_1397722578.png

But i can't find 2nd one... At last SSİK announcement it says 'Lojistik Destek Gemisi' not DİMDEG... They gave this LDG project to Selah Shipyard...

2- LDG (Lojistik Destek Gemisi) Here in SSM's website... It is called as an amphibious ship by SSM... I couldn't find any design of LDG...

Here...

Lojistik Destek Gemisi (LDG)

Tf-2000-.jpg

Similar concept with Type-45
5468591638_92dcb9765f_z.jpg

I fear from this design. I do appreciate all the engineers who designed but it seems like there's 0 taste of strategy.

Afterburners of the missiles at that VLS stationed at the back of the deck will harm the PESA radar's scanner which is just in front of it. It's truly not a good idea.

And most importantly, having all the firepower at the Position A (nose side platforms of a ship) is another fail. There seem to be 5x 16-cell Mk41 VLS'. Having 80 missiles (at least 30 of them will be LACMs), a RIM-116 RAM, 127mm cannon and it's ammo will be at the Position A. It means hell amount of weight at the front.

I don't think they will go for that design in excat. DZKK will ask them to reposition the armament.

(neptune)

And most importantly, having all the firepower at the Position A (nose side platforms of a ship) is another fail. There seem to be 5x 16-cell Mk41 VLS'. Having 80 missiles (at least 30 of them will be LACMs), a RIM-116 RAM, 127mm cannon and it's ammo will be at the Position A. It means hell amount of weight at the front.

I don't think they will go for that design in excat. DZKK will ask them to reposition the armament.

(neptune)

If you pay attention to position that fore missile tubes (5x16cell Mk41, Each 16 cell Mk-41 Baseline VII can carry 64 ready to fire ESSM missiles) stationed, It is fore part of deck right but It is approached to the center to minimize negative effect of stabiliy towards fore side so There is a big empty gap in foredeck in front of the main gun. When It is compared with Milgem, You can realize that Accomodation deck is also stationed almost middile of LOA. No need to mention 1X16 MK-41 Cell stationed back part of vessel. All those efforts are to keep ship stable on water.

Last edited:
If you pay attention to position that fore missile tubes (5x16cell Mk41, Each 16 cell Mk-41 Baseline VII can carry 64 ready to fire ESSM missiles) stationed, It is fore part of deck right but It is approached to the center to minimize negative effect of stabiliy towards fore side so There is a big empty gap in foredeck in front of the main gun. When It is compared with Milgem, You can realize that Accomodation deck is also stationed almost middile of LOA. No need to mention 1X16 MK-41 Cell stationed back part of vessel. All those efforts are to keep ship stable on water.

You're the engineering guy so hats off 8-)

So 64 of 80+16 will be ESSM????? Then how many SM-ERIVs and Gezgin missiles will be stationed. Any idea about the excat missile combination?

O PESA'nin arkadasindaki VLS, radara çok yakın duruyo. Üstelik tarayıcı dönerken uçları VLS fırlatma ateşleme sahasını kapatiyo sanki. Öyle olmasa bile gene çok yakın duruyo. Güdümlü füze ateslendigi zaman itki gücü sonrası ortaya çıkan ateş ve basincin radara zarar vermesi kaçınılmaz.

@Kaan man I couldn't put all these to a proper English. Sorry for it.

(Neptune)

Back
Top Bottom