What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Naval Domestic Strike/Defensive Armament projects of Turkish Defence Industry !!!

-Korkut twin barrel AHEAD capable CIWS
-Hisar-A VL SAM
-Hisar-O VL SAM
-Atmaca Ship to Ship Missile
-Akya Heavy Weight Torpedo
-Mizrak-D Block-I
-Mizrak-D Block-II

Don't you think It is time to develop RAM equivalent close range air defence missile for Naval assets? Those are the platforms which Domestic RAM equivaleny may find place.

Milgem-L (5-12th Milgems)
Domestic Assault Boat
TF-2000 AAW
TF-100 MPF
DIMDEG projects

Milgem-L (5-12th Milgems)

Is it increased to 12 ?.. It was optional like 8+4... I mean MİLGEMs...Is it definite ?..

IMO after MİLGEM-L decision increasing MİLGEMs upto 12 is very meaningful good decision...

Last edited:
Seems like you didnt get what i am telling :)

I am not confused with what is torpedo launcher, what is size of harpoon ,or even where is launchers ,
there were 2x 2 Mk141 canisters just behind deck bridge, where turbine air intake is located, also 2x twin torpedo launcher at aft side of ship, angled toward fore of ship, in fore side of Hangar . This leads loss of a payload of 3.5 tonnes, near 4 tonnes and i havent seen something additionally installed on new ship,at least in matters of offensive weapon.

Plus, that ship had very low quality weld joints especially on transverse welds , i think we should critisize our own design as if the countries you mentioned to have very upgraded systems. (welds might sound silly, but its one of Achilles heel in ships )
I am talking about these because i have seen the welds in SAR ships as well, designed by Fincantieri, well arranged and high quality weldings eventhought that ship isnt a combatant.

They have taken our cameras or phones, so i couldnt take pictures , but dont worry there were some " guys " of officers, took selfies in front of fore cannon , or near harpoon and others, soon will be leaked in Facebook :) and what i have told, will be seen .

I think i have right to complain about our officers, since they were assigned with that ship since its keel have laid. and it should be like their "son" , like the academicians designed that ship and looks with wet eyes when they saw their son is sailing .
I was at Heybeliada back in 2012 at the south of Marmara during an ASW exercise. There are 6x mk46 mod5a torpedoes at that ship within 2 x mk 32 triple launchers.

You are mixing them with torpedoes. There are 8 x RGM-84A Harpoon anti-ship missiles at the ship, not launchers. Fitted into 2 x 4-tubed mk141 canisters :).

It's not like that. Why do you think the DZKK doubled the number of port visits and public interactions after the Sledgehammer trial? Because the navy has executed a PSYOP on its own people. Should they appoint an officer? Of course not. His rank could be so low for you, but at every single ship of any navy, every men is as important as the commander. It's not like land that you can reinforce your men or replace them. Stealth surface ASW concept is a very new doctrine. There aren't more than 6 or 7 nations being already capable for it, Noone would tell more than that. Those public visits do carry a very high risk for espionage.

nice huge ship

here once more in english

Istanbul Shipyard launched “ALEMDAR” Submarine Rescue Mother Ship

Istanbul Shipyard launched successfully the Submarine Rescue Mother Ship “ALEMDAR” on 28th April 2014, for which the Supply Contract signed with SSM (Undersecretariat for Defense Industry) on 28 October 2011 upon the requirement of the Turkish Navy, and the steel cutting ceremony held on 5th April 2012.

As a result of the Tender covering the acquisition of One Submarine Rescue Mother Ship and Two Rescue and Towing Ships, The Defense Industry Executive Committee had awarded Istanbul Shipyard as the winner on 15 June 2010.

The contract negotiations between Istanbul Shipyard and SSM had been concluded successfully and the Supply Contract had been signed on 28 October 2011.

Construction of the Submarine Rescue Mother Ship (MOSHIP) is one of the major projects of Istanbul Shipyard. She will be capable of providing emergency life support to the disabled submarine and evacuating the crew up to 600 meters depth. Moreover, she which will be equipped by the modern rescue systems and equipment such as remotely operated vehicle (ROV), atmospheric diving suit, submarine ventilation system, pressure rooms etc., can also perform the underwater repair works and wreck removal.

The complete design, construction, outfitting and integration of the Submarine Rescue Mother Ship are performed by Istanbul Shipyard. In this scope, the total industry participation and offset percentage of 65% enables the utilization of Turkish industry capabilities through the acquisition of the construction material and services as well as most of the systems integrated on the vessel.

SeaNews Turkey - Istanbul Shipyard launched “ALEMDAR”

denikurtt1.jpg

u1_denikurtt2.jpg

Does Turkish navy has any plan for a carrier (either heli or aircraft). It would make them a big regional player (Mid East & Balkans). Other than US couple of countries in EU (Russia, France, Spain, Italy etc), Asia (China,Japan, India...) & Brazil in South America operates carriers.

Does Turkish navy has any plan for a carrier (either heli or aircraft). It would make them a big regional player (Mid East & Balkans). Other than US couple of countries in EU (Russia, France, Spain, Italy etc), Asia (China,Japan, India...) & Brazil in South America operates carriers.
No.

Just curious how many ships does the navy has (wiki is not reliable !) ? Trend news states "Currently, some 48,600 people serve the country's navy. The Turkish Naval Forces include 215 ships and 41 naval aviation aircraft." 215 seems very high !

Just curious how many ships does the navy has (wiki is not reliable !) ? Trend news states "Currently, some 48,600 people serve the country's navy. The Turkish Naval Forces include 215 ships and 41 naval aviation aircraft." 215 seems very high !
wiki is accurate.

that count includes auxillaries, landing crafts , assault and patrol boats or others line mine hunter counted in "vessel" classficiation . that excludes Coast Guard's ships and boats .

Back
Top Bottom