What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Two questions,

1) Why is it that we can see those harpoon launchers?
2) Why don't we just retrofit the ada class with those 2x 8cell VLS' Why going trough the trouble of making a new design.
I asked a similar question aswell. Was there something wrong with the other design? Why did they make such a dramatic change?

I asked a similar question aswell. Was there something wrong with the other design? Why did they make such a dramatic change?
It appears that some priorities have changed, bridge has a wider angle of sight, slightly compromising RCS. But I' have to say RCS doesn't mean much in seas... so it's a sensible compromise.

But I approve of that fore bulwark :D that's better for both RCS and high sea conditions I think. Ididn't like the ones on Ada-class.

Also I was surprised when I found out Ada class didn't have any mk41 VLS for ESSMs...

Also, I don't understand what's going on with the harpoon launchers' section.

@Penguin
Do you have any idea what is this all about bro?

I bet, those vertical launchers are not for essm.

I guess they are not mk41 and they are for hisar-o ir missiles They dont need extra radar for fire control.

Because it evoluate to a light frigate class, it means mission range is enlarged. It can be used in far, blue and high seas anymore if needed. Not just shore missions under the TurAF and Air defence of the mother land umberalla like ADA class .

I think because of these reasons fore structure has risen and bridge redesigned for stormy and wavy seas.

And i bet those all SSMs are not harpoons. Think about Land/sea attack capable atmaca missiles too.

Last edited:
I was always watching that website... There was a great archive which is good organized well settled... :(

If we establish a new team for lead it maybe we can re-open it in the future. But i have no time to upload much photos.

Actually i had some projects about Turkish military galerry, i was wanted to open Turkic World Photo gallery, but need more time and big team, also we need to collaboration with a defence forum like defence.pk, if we open a photo gallerry under a being forum it can grow too fast...

If we establish a new team for lead it maybe we can re-open it in the future. But i have no time to upload much photos.

Actually i had some projects about Turkish military galerry, i was wanted to open Turkic World Photo gallery, but need more time and big team, also we need to collaboration with a defence forum like defence.pk, if we open a photo gallerry under a being forum it can grow too fast...

If we can establish a system with enough number of members leaded by you it can be done... Also it will be easy if we make a good work share... Why not !..

If we can establish a system with enough number of members leaded by you it can be done... Also it will be easy if we make a good work share... Why not !..

okay we should talk on it to another thread but i can't be one admin on the site, we need cooperation maybe we can find some admins and moderators. Also if anybody know php coding he should assist us so im getting old, not good on it anymore...

Last edited:
okay we should talk on it to another thread but i can't be one admin on the site, we need cooperation maybe we can find some admins and moderators. Also if anybody know php coding he should advice us so im getting old, not good on it anymore...

Well i have 0(zero) knowledge about moderation, wb design etc... But i can do easy things like other than web design...

As you said let's discuss it later on another thread maybe in TDF Recommendations/Complaints Thread

Let's do this after some time we manage this forum... :tup:

MRTP-65 confirmed.

1187219146.jpg

This is MRTP-44
onuk_3.png

5834476310.jpg

RMK Marine delivered fourth and last of the SAR(Search and Rescue) ships to Coast Guard.

Koç Holding’in savunma grubu şirketlerinden olan RMK Marine’in inşa ettiği Sahil Güvenlik Arama Kurtarma Gemileri’nin dördüncü ve sonuncusu TCSG YAŞAM bir törenle Sahil Güvenlik Komutanlığına teslim edildi.

yasam-530x460.jpg

RMK son gemiyi teslim etti

Last edited:
Today ( sunday 18 may ) , i have visited TCG BÜYÜKADA , anchored beside S/Y SAVARONA . there were something noticable, i asked officers but there wasnt a clear answer could be due to their knowledge,
1. Instead of 8 harpoon launchers, there were just 4 2 x twin, one officer claimed there are "2 missiles" in each, but this sounds a bit awkwars ,size of tubes wasnt that large, or long
2. there werent 2 x triple torpedo launcher, but it was just 2 x twin
were those just mock ups for public, or if they got a problem with weight i am not sure
those launchers werent looking like mockups at all, fully connected to systems (Seems so from cables )
i have left the tour after some moment when speechs of tour guide (an officer ) began to be foolish and like making propaganda, let me mention this, his rank was too low even might be sergeant, cant our navy just put some high rank ,well informed officers there to tell better things ??

if you look at milgem class by the same perspective, you can also see harpoon launchers, there is just a design revision due to longing of ship hull, air intake of turbine shifted to aft ,so the launchers left so bare in there just behind of bridge deck ( same in milgem ) ,

i re
RMK Marine delivered fourth and last of the SAR(Search and Rescue) ships to Coast Guard.

Koç Holding’in savunma grubu şirketlerinden olan RMK Marine’in inşa ettiği Sahil Güvenlik Arama Kurtarma Gemileri’nin dördüncü ve sonuncusu TCSG YAŞAM bir törenle Sahil Güvenlik Komutanlığına teslim edildi.

yasam-530x460.jpg

RMK son gemiyi teslim etti
i remember the moments slept on top deck of that ship :D :D :D, btw well done.. and congrats .

Last edited:
Today ( sunday 18 may ) , i have visited TCG BÜYÜKADA , anchored beside S/Y SAVARONA . there were something noticable, i asked officers but there wasnt a clear answer could be due to their knowledge,
1. Instead of 8 harpoon launchers, there were just 4 2 x twin, one officer claimed there are "2 missiles" in each, but this sounds a bit awkwars ,size of tubes wasnt that large, or long
2. there werent 2 x triple torpedo launcher, but it was just 2 x twin
were those just mock ups for public, or if they got a problem with weight i am not sure
those launchers werent looking like mockups at all, fully connected to systems (Seems so from cables )
i have left the tour after some moment when speechs of tour guide (an officer ) began to be foolish and like making propaganda, let me mention this, his rank was too low even might be sergeant, cant our navy just put some high rank ,well informed officers there to tell better things ??

if you look at milgem class by the same perspective, you can also see harpoon launchers, there is just a design revision due to longing of ship hull, air intake of turbine shifted to aft ,so the launchers left so bare in there just behind of bridge deck ( same in milgem ) ,

i re

i remember the moments slept on top deck of that ship :D :D :D, btw well done.. and congrats .

I was at Heybeliada back in 2012 at the south of Marmara during an ASW exercise. There are 6x mk46 mod5a torpedoes at that ship within 2 x mk 32 triple launchers.

You are mixing them with torpedoes. There are 8 x RGM-84A Harpoon anti-ship missiles at the ship, not launchers. Fitted into 2 x 4-tubed mk141 canisters :).

It's not like that. Why do you think the DZKK doubled the number of port visits and public interactions after the Sledgehammer trial? Because the navy has executed a PSYOP on its own people. Should they appoint an officer? Of course not. His rank could be so low for you, but at every single ship of any navy, every men is as important as the commander. It's not like land that you can reinforce your men or replace them. Stealth surface ASW concept is a very new doctrine. There aren't more than 6 or 7 nations being already capable for it, Noone would tell more than that. Those public visits do carry a very high risk for espionage.

Back
Top Bottom