What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

If the story is even true, and right now we aren't sure, b/c there has neither been a confirmation either from the British side, nor the Turkish side. There are real reasons why these sorts of "odd sales" happen. sometimes, its a payoff for other projects, so you end up buying something, in an agreement where the person agrees to sell you another thing in exchange. Maybe its related to Queen Elizabeth carrier designs or something else that Turkey considers valuable like naval designs for submarines or it could be non navy related. Then there are matters where there is need for more training ships, and you cannot decomission older designs as of yet, b/c it lowers your numbers, and new designs are still in production, so you buy training ships from others to fill the gaps.

Its a very old ship from 1987 that is set to be retired in 2035 by the UK, there isn't much value in the ship in that its an older design, if you are eluding to Turkey not being able to build frigates, you yourself know that is inaccurate as we have seen much more modern ships being commissioned and even exported, and if you are eluding to Turkey needing more capable ships, then it would make sense to order newer designs, like the Type 31 frigate which is currently being built by the UK for Poland and Indonesia, you wouldn't be ordering Type 23s.

If the news is true it could be to retired non modernised gaby class frigates from Turkish navy which are 40 +- old as stop gap before newly build frigates join the fleet.

Its a very old ship from 1987 that is set to be retired in 2035 by the UK, there isn't much value in the ship in that its an older design, if you are eluding to Turkey not being able to build frigates, you yourself know that is inaccurate as we have seen much more modern ships being commissioned and even exported, and if you are eluding to Turkey needing more capable ships, then it would make sense to order newer designs, like the Type 31 frigate which is currently being built by the UK for Poland and Indonesia, you wouldn't be ordering Type 23s.
Type 31 frigates for Indonesia is built by PT PAL Indonesia. It is more like buying the design.

First Cutting steel ceremony just commenced in PT PAL last December 2022

If the news is true it could be to retired non modernised gaby class frigates from Turkish navy which are 40 +- old as stop gap before newly build frigates join the fleet.
Gabya class is very old but also heavily modernized, and pretty large ships, double helicopter hangar and so forth. I reckon they still have 10 more years of service. I think if this sale really happens, they are going to replace Burak class corvettes.

tcg-burak-image03.jpg

These ships are much older and so poorly equipped that they aren't much use anymore. Glorified patrol boats at this stage.

And interestingly, Type 23s are fairly modern, no need to replace anything, maybe just a couple of Gökdeniz CIWS here and there and that's it.

What's more interesting is that this will be Turkish Navy's first experiment with CODLAG propulsion.

If the story is even true, and right now we aren't sure, b/c there has neither been a confirmation either from the British side, nor the Turkish side. There are real reasons why these sorts of "odd sales" happen. sometimes, its a payoff for other projects, so you end up buying something, in an agreement where the person agrees to sell you another thing in exchange. Maybe its related to Queen Elizabeth carrier designs or something else that Turkey considers valuable like naval designs for submarines or it could be non navy related. Then there are matters where there is need for more training ships, and you cannot decomission older designs as of yet, b/c it lowers your numbers, and new designs are still in production, so you buy training ships from others to fill the gaps.

It's probably more of a matter of speed, we're not making ships fast enough.

It would be ideal for TF-2000 and TCG Anadolu to enter service at the same time but TF-2000 is at least 5 years in the future.

Last edited:
Beyinsize bak iki hesap ile birbiriyle konuşan kafayı yemiş it sürüsü

asıl bokunuzda bogulan sensin ac köpek Foinikasın sahte hesabı
O kücük beyninle havlayıp dur
Oh you're in denial...

Gabya class is very old but also heavily modernized, and pretty large ships, double helicopter hangar and so forth. I reckon they still have 10 more years of service. I think if this sale really happens, they are going to replace Burak class corvettes.
The problem with the Turkish Navy currently,although someone portrays it as invincible,is that many of the ships are old and inadequately equipped.

For example,like I have pointed out in other threads:

Screenshot_2021-11-15 List of active ships of the Turkish Naval Forces - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot_2021-11-15 List of active ships of the Turkish Naval Forces - Wikipedia(1).jpg

The advantage of the Turkish Navy is the numerical superiority it has over other navies in the region,specifically the Hellenic and Israeli navies. If we go to the Black Sea,all others except Russia perhaps.

Except for a few classes,the majority of the ships are old and lightly armed.

That's why,one cannot talk of "Turkish Navy strongest in the region".

All our navies,Hellenic,Egyptian,Turkish,Israeli have pros and cons. I could name them

@Foinikas please stop coming to topics concerning Turkey. As a neutral, your posts and endless back and forth arguments with @MMM-E hijack what are otherwise great discussions. There’s no harm to agree to disagree and move on. Notwithstanding the usual tensions between Turkey & Greece, I can understand your desire to undercut Turkey and its military and political developments. But the rest of us are tired of this constant nagging and fights.

We have not been able to enjoy the Turkey sub-forum for a long time due to this constant bickering. Say your peace and move on.

@Foinikas please stop coming to topics concerning Turkey. As a neutral, your posts and endless back and forth arguments with @MMM-E hijack what are otherwise great discussions. There’s no harm to agree to disagree and move on. Notwithstanding the usual tensions between Turkey & Greece, I can understand your desire to undercut Turkey and its military and political developments. But the rest of us are tired of this constant nagging and fights.

We have not been able to enjoy the Turkey sub-forum for a long time due to this constant bickering. Say your peace and move on.
Well then,you should do something about that guy. He's the one who provokes such replies.

You can't talk about a new military system,present the stats and photos...and include a dumb comment like "Nobody can touch Turkiye with this" or "To destroy all bandit countries like Egypt,Greece,Iran,Syria,Israel" or things like "All other countries in the region can only dream about this...keep dreaming with your tiny army who not even have..." etc. etc.

You understand what I'm saying? See how I discuss with LegionnairE and merzifonlu? Even if we disagree on certain things,we talk like normal people.

Turkish Naval projects are under embargo

Turkiye had to develop all systems from 76mm gun to VLS , from AESA Radar to weapons

-- HISAR class OPVs to replace BURAK class Corvettes

-- 4 ISTIF Frigates to replace 4 YAVUZ ( MEKO-200 ) Frigates

-- 4 BARBAROS ( MEKO-200 ) class Frigates under modernization ( 2023-2025 )
-- 4 modernized GABYA class Frigates will remain in service

4 OHP class Frigates ( from 1980-1981 ) lacks VLS and modern Systems

on the other hand
now the oldest Type-23 Frigate of the Royal Navy from 1992
and the youngest from 2002

32 cells VLS
Type 997 Artisan 3D radar installed on Type-23 Frigates

urgent needs or gap filler? we will learn soon

Last edited:
The problem with the Turkish Navy currently,although someone portrays it as invincible,is that many of the ships are old and inadequately equipped.

For example,like I have pointed out in other threads:

View attachment 912058

View attachment 912059

The advantage of the Turkish Navy is the numerical superiority it has over other navies in the region,specifically the Hellenic and Israeli navies. If we go to the Black Sea,all others except Russia perhaps.

Except for a few classes,the majority of the ships are old and lightly armed.

That's why,one cannot talk of "Turkish Navy strongest in the region".

All our navies,Hellenic,Egyptian,Turkish,Israeli have pros and cons. I could name them
That's why MPAC excites me so much, you need to look into that

NTIxLmpwZw

This is my favorite naval project at the moment

This is very likely to replace all fast attack crafts except Kılıç class. It reminds me of German FACs with the rearward facing RAM launcher. And truth be told HN fleet is even older with the patrol boats and FACs

I don't think he's the cause of problem here, I'm sorry, MMM-E is

Last edited:
Well then,you should do something about that guy. He's the one who provokes such replies.

You can't talk about a new military system,present the stats and photos...and include a dumb comment like "Nobody can touch Turkiye with this" or "To destroy all bandit countries like Egypt,Greece,Iran,Syria,Israel" or things like "All other countries in the region can only dream about this...keep dreaming with your tiny army who not even have..." etc. etc.

You understand what I'm saying? See how I discuss with LegionnairE and merzifonlu? Even if we disagree on certain things,we talk like normal people.

In that case, please avoid engaging him because there’s no way you two will ever come to an agreement. It will safe you a lot of energy.

That's why MPAC excites me so much, you need to look into that
When I was checking all that stuff,I was surprised that 25 ships of the Turkish Navy had no AA systems. Some had autocannons and heavy machine-guns,but how are you gonna stop an anti-ship missile with that?

And that "research" was initially a reply to you know who,because he kept bragging about the strength of the Turkish navy and mocking ours. MEKO and Gabya have been heavily modernized,Ada are new,the rest though were just mediocre.

In that case, please avoid engaging him because there’s no way you two will ever come to an agreement. It will safe you a lot of energy.
Out of curiosity I looked at old threads and discussions and screenshots the other day and found that more than 30 other people had fought or couldn't cope with that guy. I probably missed some names to add in the list,but yeah 30 people. And it was almost always the same thing: "Ignorant troll you know nothing about..."

You have seen what he's said about Pakistan,haven't you?

When I was checking all that stuff,I was surprised that 25 ships of the Turkish Navy had no AA systems. Some had autocannons and heavy machine-guns,but how are you gonna stop an anti-ship missile with that?

And that "research" was initially a reply to you know who,because he kept bragging about the strength of the Turkish navy and mocking ours. MEKO and Gabya have been heavily modernized,Ada are new,the rest though were just mediocre.
They rely on other ships for air and missile protection and believe me it's even worse in HN
1674144989196.png

These are all rather pathetic

Stop lying , sneaky provocateur

I did not say anything about Greece here ,,
today I shared about a news Type23 Frigates

and as always you came and terrorized my post here

even I was talking about Turkish UCAVs on another thread
you and chinese trolls retaxis came and terrorized my posts

Foinikas,retaxis and other troll accounts attack and provoke me again and again , every day , day and night

Nothing to do with my threads or tittles

liar troll

20 Turkish Warships ( 16 Frigates and 4 ADA class Corvettes ) have more SAMs than Hellenic+Egyptian navies + 250 SAMs combined

22 FACs will not play big role in the Turkish Navy

Your problem = you dont know your place

There's no way MME will ever come into an agreement with anybody. You can't reason with this brain damaged piece of shit. He think's I'm Foinikas' alt account while he has alt accounts he uses to shit talk.

I welcome criticism coming from anybody. Greeks included.
1674145645567.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom