4x2 Cruise Missiles/AShM launcher canisters
Evolved Sungur 11x Missile PMADS
Exhaust suppression and safe exhaust system
2 diesel+2gas turbine+3 waterjet propulsion system

66.2 meters full length
+40 knots speed
Full operational capability at 5 sea levels
etc.

A highly capable and versatile corvette project that could become the main missile boat in both Azerbaijani and Turkish territorial waters.

The most important advantage is that the production and operating costs are at a much better point than the other project. In its original form, the TTHB project wanted something that did not yet exist in the world. The MPAC platform provides a more realistic approach in many ways, and more importantly, it can allow us to quickly replace aging missile boats with new ones that can be built immediately. There are at least 5 shipyards that can produce 1-2 of these boats a year. In other words, the urgent need of both Azerbaijan (7?) and Turkish navy (6) can be met in a short time.

Turkish MARLIN became the first unmanned Vessel with Radar Electronic Support and Electronic Attack (REDET) capabilities in the world

The platform, with a length of 15 meters, has very important capabilities for surface warfare, underwater warfare, electronic warfare and asymmetrical operations

MARLIN was invited to play the most important role in the NATO exercise to be held in Portugal

NATO Exercise called Dynamic Messenger 2022 at the end of September will be the first exercise in the history of the world, in which manned and unmanned elements test warfare types at sea

1663238025990.png

1663238185586.png

Turkish MARLIN became the first unmanned Vessel with Radar Electronic Support and Electronic Attack (REDET) capabilities in the world

The platform, with a length of 15 meters, has very important capabilities for surface warfare, underwater warfare, electronic warfare and asymmetrical operations

MARLIN was invited to play the most important role in the NATO exercise to be held in Portugal

NATO Exercise called Dynamic Messenger 2022 at the end of September will be the first exercise in the history of the world, in which manned and unmanned elements test warfare types at sea

View attachment 879281
View attachment 879282

NATO want Marlin but why we gonna show them our capabilities while they reject to give F35 and F16s...

it is better we give them NAH

nahnah2310202020.jpg

finally some goods new on the I-Class

did they already laid the keel for the 2nd unit ?

finally some goods new on the I-Class

did they already laid the keel for the 2nd unit ?
The other 3 ships of the class will be build in parallel at private shipyards. The shipyards that won the tender will be announced at the next SSIK meeting. The meeting should be in November or December.

The other 3 ships of the class will be produced in parallel at private shipyards. The shipyards that won the tender will be announced at the next SSIK meeting. The meeting should be in November or December.

would have hoped this process was done sooner and the 4 x I-Class would be in the water by 2025

however if all 3 are built simultaneously and announce a 36-month production time it could be achieved

Latest situation on Istanbul frigate
Fcy2uWmXoAAiJ9o

would have hoped this process was done sooner and the 4 x I-Class would be in the water by 2025

however if all 3 are built simultaneously and announce a 36-month production time it could be achieved
In private shipyards, the construction schedule will be much faster, compared the first ship. Numerous modifications, changes and testing activities took place on Istanbul, the leading ship of the class. The reason for these delays was to produce solutions against the implicit or openly embargoes experienced during the project. Serial production ships' works will be production-oriented with this ready-made engineering package.

It is also stated that works for an another frigate solution over I Class continue, which will be a frigate between the TF-2000 and the I classes. Probably after first TF-2000 laid down, its contruction works will start. In the serial production of the TF-2000, it is aimed to follow a model similar to the I class. So MILGEM program's journey go further than TCG Istanbul.

It can be said that this is the TF-100 project, which was reflected in many planning reports years ago. In this case, we can say that a planning consisting of 4+4 frigates and 4+3 destroyers continues, for the next 15 years.

Last edited:
Why Turkish Navy not developing any guided missile destroyers and frigates because they need them for Anatolian LHD class support vessels

Why Turkish Navy not developing any guided missile destroyers and frigates because they need them for Anatolian LHD class support vessels
There is such a project and its name is the regional air defense destroyer project, known by the codename TF-2000.

Let me briefly summarize the situation for you:

1. Hisar-class offshore patrol corvettes will be multi-role naval vessels 'optionally' capable of full firepower. Some systems will not be installed in peacetime, but in wartime the ship will be able to use systems without the need for any serious construction work.

Among the optional weapon loads of the ship is an 8-cell vertical launch system. As a quad pack, this means 8x4 32 Hisar-RF low/medium altitude air defense missiles. (Both the HISAR missile family group and the naval versions of the SIPER missile family without boosters have quadpack targets in future.)

2. Class I frigates will have a 16-cell vertical launch system. This means a total of 64 ready-to-fire missiles in quadpack configuration, 32 of which are Hisar-Rf/ESSM-B2 medium altitude + 32 SIPER B1 long range missiles.

If we compare with European systems, Aster missiles do not have the quadpack feature yet. In other words, I class frigates will have more firepower compared to many heavier class in terms of the number of missiles ready to fire. (If there is no such planning by Eurosam or if the operator countries in question will not update the system when such a capability is acquired in the future)

3. Between the I class and the TF-2000, another project (probably with a displacement of around 4000- 5000t) is taking shape. The ship, which we may call as I-class Block II or MILGEM-III, will have a 32-cell vertical launch system very likely. This means 128 missiles max ready to fire.

4. The TF-2000 destroyers, which will be the flagship of the Turkish navy, will have a 64-cell vertical launch system. In the configuration where all cells are used as quadpacks, calculate what firepower it will have.

Briefly:
  • 8-cell vertical launch system space will be on 10 piece Hisar class corvettes, and possibly after mid-life modernization of MILGEM-ADA class corvettes, will be total 14 ships.
  • 16-cell vertical launch system on 4 I-class frigates
And in addition to this, two of the Barbaros class ships have a vertical launch system with 16 cells and the other two with 8 cells.
  • 32 cell vertical launch system will be on the next generation MILGEM frigate, which is under development and possibly will replace the Barbaros class
  • Finally, 7 planned regional air defense destroyers will have a 64-cell vertical launch system.

In addition to vertically launched missiles, there are 16 surface-to-surface missile canisters in the frigate and destroyer classes of these ships. In the light of this infos, some ideas can be obtained about the guided missile capacity of the Turkish navy in the 2030s.

The main problem for TN planning was that these types of capabilities were both expensive when wanted to be imported and, as you can see, they could be interfered with for political reasons.

Currently, Turkiye does not only building warships, but also localizes all of its critical subsystems for these ships. All the CMS systems you see, GENESIS ADVENT, KEMENT, CAFRAD, Ship-based cruise missiles and heavy torpedoes, MIDAS (National vertical launch system), GOKDENIZ CIWS, LEVENT-point-defense system, HISAR-RF and O+, SIPER etc., dozens of other sub-systems have been developed, or still under development for this purpose.

Since there are also Greek friends in our forum, we do not write this type of inventory planning in detail so as not to frighten them. lol. In more detail on these issues, well-known Turkish defense industry writers such as Cabatli, ANMDT and others have posts in other Turkish forums. It would be better for those who are interested to have a look other Turkish forums. Since these forums are in the censorship list of the PDF, we cannot write them explicitly.

Last edited:
TCG ANADOLU and KIZILELMA

KIZILELMA unmanned stealth Fighter Jet will take off from the ski-jump ramp without the need of a catapult and performs a hard landing at a wide angle of attack with the help of the catch rope, which is also known in naval aviation as STOBAR

1663439327661.png

1663439295076.jpeg

1663439219998.jpeg

1663439237997.png

it would be a unbelievable feat of engineering and technological break through if the Turkish can get the KIZILELMA off the deck of the LHD

when they retained the ski jump I thought it was a bit strange now I know why

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom