What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

You know I don’t really trust any of our so called allies (western). In war and love all tricks are fair.

Guess there is a reason why armed forces operate on different level of alertness. We definitely need more ships to alleviate the burden of alertness.

@ANMDT do you have any knowledge about our coast guard.

I kinda hope they’re beefed up too with a few corvettes or more.

You know I don’t really trust any of our so called allies (western). In war and love all tricks are fair.

Guess there is a reason why armed forces operate on different level of alertness. We definitely need more ships to alleviate the burden of alertness.

@ANMDT do you have any knowledge about our coast guard.

I kinda hope they’re beefed up too with a few corvettes or more.
Corvettes in coast guards? Sounds a bit absurd but we have got 4 corvette sized coast guard ships with hull numbers 701-704.
If you refer to offshore patrol vessels as corvettes, those will be in responsibility of Navy, coast guard is mainly interested in the coasts, not offshore deployments. But i believe we should have more corvette sized ships in coast guard, some vessels which we can install umtas (or -ER version) and cirit -sungur when needed in wartimes.
Burak class fits perfect for these,i still dont know why they are not transferring B- class to CG, and acquiring new vessels in their sizes with better arms to TN.
Their tasks are security of coasts - patrolling, pollution prevention, search and rescue.

Corvettes in coast guards? Sounds a bit absurd but we have got 4 corvette sized coast guard ships with hull numbers 701-704.
If you refer to offshore patrol vessels as corvettes, those will be in responsibility of Navy, coast guard is mainly interested in the coasts, not offshore deployments. But i believe we should have more corvette sized ships in coast guard, some vessels which we can install umtas (or -ER version) and cirit -sungur when needed in wartimes.
Burak class fits perfect for these,i still dont know why they are not transferring B- class to CG, and acquiring new vessels in their sizes with better arms to TN.
Their tasks are security of coasts - patrolling, pollution prevention, search and rescue.
images - 2020-07-07T100749.528.jpeg

Pakistan also has a Corvette size ship for its PMSA. Which is equivalent to Turkush coast guard.

I was kinda thinking of during wartimes and CoC and how our CG would be used. We do have a long coastline to protect so I'd be very happy to know that our CG vessels could quickly be refitted with proper defense armament.

If our CG could be turned into a serious force multiplier perhaps some of our estimed admirals could commanding proper sized vessels :).

I was kinda thinking of during wartimes and CoC and how our CG would be used. We do have a long coastline to protect so I'd be very happy to know that our CG vessels could quickly be refitted with proper defense armament.

If our CG could be turned into a serious force multiplier perhaps some of our estimed admirals could commanding proper sized vessels :).
Coastal batteries, patrol boats/vessels are meant for this, but i believe there are plans to install some more arms on CG assets when needed.

Eb1Ite-WAAAkc7b

The upgradeable OPV.
A large OPV that could be converted mid-life to a 5000t FFG in the event of strategic shift. Extension includes strike VLS .

Eb11ZpcXkAEjx2E

Depot ship and associated large USV 11,000t depot ship with offensive and defensive capabilities, supporting 150t monohull USVs. USVs based on trawler hullform to accommodate ISO container mission modules including towed sonars and missiles.

@ANMDT did you see the amendment to TSK regarding retirement age, rank and file advancement. Extension from 55 age to 60.

Does this open up opportunity for our officers even those who retired to stay and serve longer if they want, even change from TN to CG duty ?

@ANMDT did you see the amendment to TSK regarding retirement age, rank and file advancement. Extension from 55 age to 60.

Does this open up opportunity for our officers even those who retired to stay and serve longer if they want, even change from TN to CG duty ?
I dont have any idea about that
@Neptune , can admirals-officers move from TN to CG with the current regulations? I suppose now CG is more aligned to interior ministry than TAF.

I dont have any idea about that
@Neptune , can admirals-officers move from TN to CG with the current regulations? I suppose now CG is more aligned to interior ministry than TAF.

With the current regulations bro, Gendarmerie and CG is just like EGM. They now have their own evaluation boards, disciplinary regulations and what not. Even the general commander of JGK is no longer a member of YAS.

With the current regulations bro, Gendarmerie and CG is just like EGM. They now have their own evaluation boards, disciplinary regulations and what not. Even the general commander of JGK is no longer a member of YAS.
Is that good or bad ?

Eb_EN_lX0AEbafa

TCG Anadolu's back cargo cover. This hatch opens into the pool at the back of the ship, behind the hatch. This pool provides the entrance and exit of amphibious skilled armored vehicles and amphibious landing vehicles to the ship.
Shots from yesterday's firing test footage of ROKETSAN's Atmaca anti-ship missile. Video is a first for the Turkish Defense Industry in many respects.

EcJKJ-WXkAItHLH

Behind the hawk, brown and gray dagger on the diagonal stand out. It was previously reported that ROKETSAN-produced guided artillery rockets will be integrated into Turkish Navy warships.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mavivatannet/status/1278956570316017664/photo/1

EcQD6-ZWkAcMQXV

In order to replace the 70 class boats, 8 units of 600 class Coast Guard Boat projects were launched in 2010. All the 70 class bots have been removed from the inventory and their seats are still not filled. The solution offered by Gülhan Dearsan partnership at IDEF 2019.

Yalnız ortada çok önemli bir sorun vardı. Deniz Kuvvetleri ... bir hücumbotun prototip olarak Türkiye'de inşasına karşı çıkıyor, benden tüm silah sistemleri ve güdümlü mermileri monte edilmiş bir hücumbotun önce Fransa'da bir tersanede, Fransız Deniz Kuvvetleri kontrolünde inşa edilerek rüştünü ispat etmesi isteniyordu...

Bunu teyit eden resmi bir mektup, Kurmay Başkanı Koramiral Hilmi Fırat imzasıyla bana yollandı... Bu arada bu hücumbot projesi ile başka deniz kuvvetleri de ilgilenmeye başlayınca, İstanbul'a veda edip bu işleri yürütmek üzere Fransa'ya taşındım.
(Erbil Hayri Serter, 1973) https://uskudar.biz/savunma-sanayii/tek-kürek-yalova.html

TSK not having faith in our own shipbuilders hurts... I think we're better off not promoting such ppl and just keep them in the lower ranks.

benim Ankara'ya verdiğim PR72 projemle ilgili bütün resim, plan ve teknik dokümanları büyük bir koliyle Almanya'ya yolladığını anlattı. Amiral Fırat, Lürssen firmasının benim projemi kullanıp FPB-57'yi ortaya çıkardığını bana açıkça söylüyordu...

FPB-57 German boat was original design of Erbil Hayri Serter. TSK sent every document to Germany to have them build the boat.

https://luerssen-defence.com/istigail-kuwaitindonesien/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom