What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Which one would you prefer as a professional? For you which design could fulfill FAC role for our navy?
The Turkish Naval Forces want a ship that is capable of both high speed and maneuverability along with full operational efficiency under heavy sea conditions and equipped with advanced navionic systems. Unfortunately, there is no such ship in the world yet.

In order to compare the time we have lost in this project, we can look at Greece's corvette programs that have been waiting for years.

We need to speed up. And sometimes we have to rely on simple intermediate solutions. In this way, we can prepare our private shipbuilding industry for the future.

For example, this project could be divided into two: 6 piece of very high speed FRP hull and up to 400 tons missile boats with limited load and complements... In other part: 4 pieces of new gen steel hull corvettes as continuation of Kiliç class could planned, with limited asw capabilities like Burak class. So navy could aquire 2 seperate class, a ship with full operational capability in heavier sea conditions within the 800-1000 ton range and other with more speed boat type. With this way, ability to build corvettes in two different shipyards in two different hull types could gained.

I want to believe that we are now in the decision making process in the TTHB project.. so this idea is just a planning criticism.

We desperately need AAW ships and fast missile boats. The navy is lacking, Army is lacking, air force is lacking, I've never seen the TSK in such a bad shape in it's existence..

We desperately need AAW ships and fast missile boats. The navy is lacking, Army is lacking, air force is lacking, I've never seen the TSK in such a bad shape in it's existence..
Turkey wants to keep the money inside and wait for the local engine. Nobody will risk to attack Turkey, no need to panic. its better to act smart. if you want everything, you have to give up your economy and eventualy get destroyed like USSR. which is more dangerous

Turkey wants to keep the money inside and wait for the local engine. Nobody will risk to attack Turkey, no need to panic. its better to act smart. if you want everything, you have to give up your economy and eventualy get destroyed like USSR. which is more dangerous
The defence industry is a huge inspiration and gain for other industries aswell. A lot of tech also is used for civil purposes. We should cut Diyanet budget by 90% and we will have money for 2023 and 2050 defence visions instantly..

Yonca Onuk - STM - Ares
But i think STM is refining the design after winning contract for FAC development. So their design might be fore-running (to me) after the refinement.
IMG_20200628_113826.jpg

Looks great. Among the other designs, STMs FAC just has 8 missile capacity.

new anti-ship missile -which has less characteristics than atmaca and is said to be launched from Helicopters- could be used in FACs?

İ cant help asking whether there is a chance the new compact anti-ship missiles on YTKBs.
Come on ASELSAN lets produce some MAR-D radars for YTKBs.

Last edited:
Yeah but does that design have TWIN KORKUT SYSTEMS WITH VLS.(orgasm noices)
ET4iTKgVAAAOQJk

ET4ixzoU8AAR8GW
I meant MRTP48, this platform is rather designated as patrol vessel -corvette by Yonca Onuk if i am not mistaken. Or i am mistaking it by this: I was unsure, so now we can conclude Yonca Onuk has offered the earlier one as TTHB along with MRTP48.
mrtp-70.jpg

And looks like i can't edit the post anymore, so adding it up here: Thanks @BordoEnes
Addition to STM FAC-55, presenting placement of systems:
STM-TTHB.jpg

Yonca Onuk JV's second vessel in addition to MRTP 48-49 for TN-FAC project, referred as MRTP 6X (which is i am not sure):
16 SSM-12 SSM, 8 VLS, 2-Gökdeniz CIWS, 76 mm hidden in canopy with helicopter platform and hangar.
ET4iTKgVAAAOQJk

Istanbul shipyard's:
the picture wasn't added before,
103846_37dee4f5591e0e300d5502c1f2213382.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn’t all visible armaments lower the stealth capability
It depends on priorities, if it is a front-facing dominant vessel (fac,fab,fıb), then the RCS at zero angle matters the most.
View attachment 645464
Looks great. Among the other designs, STMs FAC just has 8 missile capacity.

new anti-ship missile -which has less characteristics than atmaca and is said to be launched from Helicopters- could be used in FACs?

İ cant help asking whether there is a chance the new compact anti-ship missiles on YTKBs.
Come on ASELSAN lets produce some MAR-D radars for YTKBs.
Some says TTHB will have MAR-D, even somebody has claimed it might have fixed panel version or MAR-D. So, why not for a ready to build YTKB with MAR-D and atmaca midi?

Yeah but does that design have TWIN KORKUT SYSTEMS WITH VLS.(orgasm noices)
ET4iTKgVAAAOQJk

ET4ixzoU8AAR8GW
I hope this concept dont stay on dusty shelves.

If we can replace Burak class with such a new generation multirole corvette; duty wear/density of our frigate fleet can be reduced, in terms of the of territorial&EEZ activities. Land and air support elements of our navy are continue developing. In terms of ESM / ECM capabilities, Ufuk class will also make great contributions, as 2400 tons platform. Therefore, we have the flexibility to handle fast and effective solutions in close waters, without being dependent on heavy frigates.

This may indirectly increase the effectiveness of TDGG. It allows us to think any type continous naval task force as two simultaneous flotilla, for example. Or it allows us to achieve a larger rotation, in our open sea goals.

Last edited:
I meant MRTP48, this platform is rather designated as patrol vessel -corvette by Yonca Onuk if i am not mistaken. Or i am mistaking it by this: I was unsure, so now we can conclude Yonca Onuk has offered the earlier one as TTHB along with MRTP48.
View attachment 645508

And looks like i can't edit the post anymore, so adding it up here: Thanks @BordoEnes
Addition to STM FAC-55, presenting placement of systems:
View attachment 645817

Yonca Onuk JV's second vessel in addition to MRTP 48-49 for TN-FAC project, referred as MRTP 6X (which is i am not sure):
16 SSM-12 SSM, 8 VLS, 2-Gökdeniz CIWS, 76 mm hidden in canopy with helicopter platform and hangar.
ET4iTKgVAAAOQJk

Istanbul shipyard's:
the picture wasn't added before,
View attachment 645510
Is this Corvette just a design presented by a company or Turkish Navy is seriously considering it ???

Is this Corvette just a design presented by a company or Turkish Navy is seriously considering it ???
It is developed for foreign markets in accordance with the new navy trends. It has no direct relation with the Turkish naval forces modernization plans or SSB programs.

Ekber Onuk has defined this concept as a pocket corvette. It was designed as a high speed multirole corvette(21400hp installed power) with 76 meters LOA and 850 tons displacement. The base model is planned as steel hull and advanced composites superstructure, but there is also the option to build it all as Advanced Composite.

Detailed design CGIs were not shared for some reasonable reasons. Ekber Onuk used this image to announce it; but also informed that they are in an advanced level.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom