What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Abicim sen karakol gemileriyle bir savaşta üs-liman korumak dışında açık denize çıkıyor musun? Şu radar meselesine katılıyorum ama bunlar da karakol gemisi yani korvet, fırkateyn, destroyer gibi muharip bir unsur değil. Neden bu kadar kafaya taktın ya? FAC de, Ada de, İ sınıfı de başımın tacı ama karakol gemisi ne?

I have never offered VLS on patrol vessels.
I find Gökdeniz CIWS is inevitable and vital for self defense ship and coastal air defence. YTKB is not cheap fishing boat.
People -Who are interested in what i said -may read previous entries and my new avatar:)
I don't insist and quit.

Last edited:
Building TF-2000 quickly with mostly foreign systems or take the longer way and develop this subsystems by your own.... we can discuss for hours which is the best solutions.
I'm more for the national way but we shouldn't delay or destroy projects because everything has to be 100% indegenious made.

I73sVe.jpg

It seems hull block manufacturing and assembly processes have been completed. Construction status currently at 75%. Its planned to be launched in 2021.

Last edited:
Turkey is progressing very slowly, especially in offshore projects, production of warships. Istanbul Shipyard Command and Gölcük Shipyard Command should be the first to develop and manufacture ships. Then the experience here should be transferred to shipyards, which already have shipbuilding experience. For this, first of all, the political accounts should be left behind and Koç Holding company RMK Marine should be invited to the tender. In addition, TAIS and Dersan should be made capable of producing these ships.

The second LPD must be a local design. LPD design, which has been won by RMK Marine and has been canceled for political reasons, should be preferred this time.

TAIS engine production project should be accelerated. It should also be a second engine manufacturer. A second alternative should be created with a partnership between RMK Marine and several other shipyards.

There must be a second company about radar and weapon in marine systems. Because when a project is given to one, a second project should be given to the other while the project is over.

Surrounded by the sea on three sides and the world's most populous mediterranean sea so long, although it is our limit, your black power, although it is the world's second biggest arms to Turkey is moving very slowly in the Navy.

Bir de şöyle bir şey var..Bunun gibi işler hızlanmalı

The second LPD must be a local design. LPD design, which has been won by RMK Marine and has been canceled for political reasons, should be preferred this time.

3867f136ba410063ca6bcc7183f5ff82.png

edit: Interesting we indeed had already a local design for that LPD

THE LANDING PLATFORM DOCK (LPD) PROJECT

3z2uLLv.jpg

The Landing Platform Dock (LPD) designed by RMK Marine has an overall length of 200 meters and has a breadth of 34 meters. The draught of the ship is 7 meters with her full load displacement of 25,000 tones. The maximum speed of the ship is 22 knots for the CODAD configuration. The main propulsion system consists of two diesel engines, two reduction gears, two shafts and two controllable pitch propellers.

The maximum cruising range of the LPD is 7000 NM at an economical speed of 16 knots. The endurance of the ship is 21 days with a complement of 1070 personnel.

• Landing Platform/Dock (LPD) designed to have the main task functions of "Transferring of Forces" and "Amphibious Operations" has been fully equipped for the headquarter personnel whom shall be managing those operations.
    • Landing Platform/Dock (LPD) has the capabilities in terms of operational speed and agility, by transferring the amphibious vessels; LCM, LCAC, LCVP and AAVs to the operation region.
    • LPD has the necessary landing/takeoff and deployment capabilities/facilities for helicopters and tilt-rotor aircrafts which are providing air support in Amphibious Operations.
    • LPD is also designed for providing support in humanitarian aids such as disaster relief and peacekeeping support operations.
LPD has the following capabilities:

• Platform for 4 x 35 ton Helicopter (simultaneous operations)
    • Hangar for 6 x Sea Hawk or 4 x Merlin Helicopters
    • 2 Vehicle Decks For 90+ Vehicles (13 x Main Battle Tanks, 27 x AAVs, 21 x APCs, 30+ Misc.); Total Parking Area 2800 m2
    • Vehicle Decks are Suitable for the Stowage of Sea Hawk and Attack Helikopters
    • Vehicle Lift SWL : 30 Ton
    • Helicopter Lift SWL : 15 Ton
    • Welldock For 4 x LCMs or 2xLCACs
    • Stb. And Port Davits For 2 x LCVPs
    • Deck Crane 30 Tonnes @ 12m
    • Stern Ramp/Door - SWL : 60 Tones
    • Side Ramp/Door - SWL : 60 Tones
The Landing Platform Dock vessel has the following weapons and sensors configuration:

• 2 x 40 mm gun
    • 2 x CIWS
    • 3 x 12,7 mm stabilized machine gun
    • Search and Surveillance Radar
    • Electro Optical Director
    • Fire Control Radar
    • Chaff Decoy
    • Electronic Support Measure System (ESM)

https://www.rmkmarine.com.tr/en/the-landing-platform-dock-_lpd_-project.html

Last edited:
Also, in Ada class, I class and TF-2000, which I still cannot understand, the number of weapons is low to me and I could not fully solve the reason. Sensors on a ship are also very important and the range of weapons. In marine systems, the first hit hits first. However, in a major naval battle in which a large number of ships will participate, the excessive weapons systems will show its importance.

Iran's Safineh warship project will seem weak in terms of sensors but will carry loaded weapons.

Safineh 3000t, 96 VLS

Class I 3000t, 16 VLS,

it is very hard to proceed that Safineh project with these specs, either they would decrease the number of VLS tube or the VLS tubes would not be as same as others

It was BMT (UK) design developed for shipbuilder RMK.
is there any source?

According to my research, by paying the money received consultancy support in design. This is normal. The design intellectual industrial rights of the ship belong to RMK Marine.

We need at least 1 more dedicated military shipyard. Preferably somewhere in the south.

This Iran project may be too crazy to be realized. However, I started to think that there was not enough weapons in our projects, the ships are almost naked. This may be due to the speed of the ship. This may be due to the lack of engineering experience yet. It may be that MDAS is not ready. I think the ADA class will be modernized with national projects in the future, the absence of VLS on this ship was normal for that period. However, the number of VLS in I class should have been at least 32. At least there should be updates on the next ships. Maybe it can come with more loaded weapons in the TF100 project. Also, STM has a TF-4500 and it has 32 VLS.

This Iran project may be too crazy to be realized. However, I started to think that there was not enough weapons in our projects, the ships are almost naked. This may be due to the speed of the ship. This may be due to the lack of engineering experience yet. It may be that MDAS is not ready. I think the ADA class will be modernized with national projects in the future, the absence of VLS on this ship was normal for that period. However, the number of VLS in I class should have been at least 32. At least there should be updates on the next ships. Maybe it can come with more loaded weapons in the TF100 project. Also, STM has a TF-4500 and it has 32 VLS.

16 VLS means 64 ESSM or G-40. And 16 anti ship missiles, what is not enough for a ship like I-class?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom