What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Yeah . Why would enemies attack with Antiship missiles on ASW patrol vessel in the war scenario? enemy's would let their submarines be blocked.?or let our patrol vessels be destroyed by antiship missiles?

You: there is no need air radar on YTKB.

Me: you can't run CIWS without air surveillance and illuminating radar .and what about air defence umbrella. Low altitude flying f16s, cruise missiles, uavs?

You : we have frigates and corvettes

Me: :) coastal low air defence with 2000 tonnes frigates?? What if they would be needed at offshore?

However constructer of YTKB has already put RAM on website.
Moreover Turkish Navy prefer 40 dardo as antiaircraft weapon because TN wants secure coastal airspace. Thats Why there is a weapon system officer sitting infront of big computer.

İ think now you will start screaming :RAM-RAM

You would prefer RAM costs 20million USD without radars?? I would'nt shoot a drone which costs much more cheaper than a RAM missile. What i am offering cheap than dirt 250 pieces 35mm cal rounds plus several Cirit missiles. Total amount of a system would cost maximum 5million usd which is reasonable for this mission.

Again you: the YTKB has twin 40mm it is also CIWS.

Your country produces naval 35mmCIWS called Gökdeniz for own navy!!! Because 35mm P ammunition is best for the ciws. Many naval forces refraining 20mm phalanx , do you suggest using 40mm cal the worst ciws in the world against antiship missiles?

You : it is a patrol vessel, putting Cirit missiles is still bad idea!!

Having tested Stinger platforms, Turkish Navy is being said to prefer another missiles. Most propably UMTAS and Cirit.

DpHcLHtWkAAifFX.jpg

You: you can not reconstruct the ship. It has already been constructed.

Me: its not my problem. It is just my imagination as i had drowned here picture a Turkish warship with gps guided artillery rockets( wait i found it) before Turkish navy tested them on ships.

naval-mlrs-jpg.267900

terrible-300-jpg.268071

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-naval-forces-dzkk.302689/page-22#post-7819809

Before Testing happened ,i had made those photoshops;)
eeb8d050-08d8-4b30-852b-9d8719ec9e2e.jpg

So Dear Tansu , you haven't said anything new for me.
b_3-1-6662 (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:
We always looking a place to vls for milgem. I think a most possible place is behalf of ram I think ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-04-03-164342-www-militaryfactory-com.png

1-44.jpg

There is a good place for minimum 8xvls ;

HMAS_Sydney_VLS.jpg

8x vls with quadpack capability it can be carry 16x Hisar-a and 16x Essm/G-40.

Hisar-a very dangerous and agile missile have rf datalink + iir seeker and can be pass ram missile way

also 16x essm/g-40 enough for corvette's air defence.

One of the best corvettes of world gowind is have only 16x mica vl and 2x 20mm single barrel unmanned turret. Maybe we are add stop behalf of stamp I think.

We always looking a place to vls for milgem. I think a most possible place is behalf of ram I think ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-04-03-164342-www-militaryfactory-com.png

1-44.jpg

There is a good place for minimum 8xvls ;

HMAS_Sydney_VLS.jpg

8x vls with quadpack capability it can be carry 16x Hisar-a and 16x Essm/G-40.

Hisar-a very dangerous and agile missile have rf datalink + iir seeker and can be pass ram missile way

also 16x essm/g-40 enough for corvette's air defence.

One of the best corvettes of world gowind is have only 16x mica vl and 2x 20mm single barrel unmanned turret. Maybe we are add stop behalf of stamp I think.

Who is "we"? Yourself? Btw, VLS/ESSM equiped Milgem is I-Class.

But you can't deny that our vessels are very underarmed. Even Pakistan managed to see that they don't have enough firepower.
Isn’t the armament on our vessels according to our navy’s need, atm ? I think it’ll show on which ships we send out to do “missions”.

Isn’t the armament on our vessels according to our navy’s need, atm ? I think it’ll show on which ships we send out to do “missions”.
They were, but the current threats are different and thats why the navy decided to build 7 tf-2000s instead of 4. I believe the same thing will happen with the I-class too.

If the 7 TF-2000 are really planned and the 6 REIS class submarines finished than the Turkish Navy will become the strongest in the region if not whole Mediterranean.

If we somehow could get F-35B for TCG Anadolu then goodbye Cyprus+Greece+Egypt+Israel...

If the 7 TF-2000 are really planned and the 6 REIS class submarines finished than the Turkish Navy will become the strongest in the region if not whole Mediterranean.

If we somehow could get F-35B for TCG Anadolu then goodbye Cyprus+Greece+Egypt+Israel...
Yes but that will be in 2030s. We currently need more ships and the Tf-2000s won't be built until 2027. I really do think that the orders for I-class frigates will increase and the current ships will serve till their 50s.

become the strongest in the region if not whole Mediterranean.
We will become the strongest in the region for sure but will be 2nd behind Italy in Mediterranean.

Arkadaşlar zaten şu virüsten dolayı yaprak kımıldamıyor şu sıralar, biraz Tf-2000 övmeye ne dersiniz? :enjoy:

Milgem can hunt ships at stand-off ranges (HARPOON, ATMACA), submarines at regular ranges (MK46) and aircraft at close range (RAM). It can carry a multi-mission helicopter and also perform electronic warfare/SIGINT. It has stealth geometry and can survive very rough seas (sea state 5). Given the fact that it's a corvette and not an air defense frigate, how exactly is it "under armed", especially given its high modularity?

Last edited:
Milgem can hunt submarines and other ships at stand-off ranges (HARPOON, ATMACA), submarines at regular ranges (MK46) and aircraft at close range (RAM). It can carry a multi-mission helicopter and also perform electronic warfare/SIGINT. It has stealth geometry and can survive very rough seas (sea state 5). Given the fact that it's a corvette and not an air defense frigate, how exactly is it "under armed", especially given its high modularity?
Even countries like Finland are putting VLSs on them. We don't have enough ships given the fact that we have plenty of enemies in E.Mediterranean so we either need more ships or we need to give them more firepower. If there's enough room for fitting a VLS on Ada class corvettes, why not use it then?

I totally agree with you bro, that Turkey has many enemies and need more ships to protect its interests. But I doubt we'll have VLS installed on the Ada-class, which are specialized corvette submarine hunters.

I-class, as a light frigate, will have VLS, which is wonderful. And then we'll have TF-2000 to dominate the skies.

Long story short, I think it's a moot point to talk about VLS for Ada-class (which doesn't have the space for them) while we've got a much bigger problem to solve with the I-class: Engines!

I totally agree with you bro, that Turkey has many enemies and need more ships to protect its interests. But I doubt we'll have VLS installed on the Ada-class, which are specialized corvette submarine hunters.

I-class, as a light frigate, will have VLS, which is wonderful. And then we'll have TF-2000 to dominate the skies.

Long story short, I think it's a moot point to talk about VLS for Ada-class (which doesn't have the space for them) while we've got a much bigger problem to solve with the I-class: Engines!
You hit the nail right on its head. That's what I'm trying to say, we need more ships so we will see more orders for the I class in the upcoming months. Of course we are suggesting to put VLSs to Ada class, but we know that won't be happening until it sees a MLU; so the only option our navy has is giving more orders for the I-class frigates...

Dear Friends;

As we know Milgem Of Course a Submarine hunter. But we use him Asuw missions like General Propose Frigate. Just because our ships are old and less numbered . For this reason we cant even retire burak class. But for this missions ship doesnt have enough air defence. Just because in open sea on wartimes ships can be or forced the divide from fleet or mission group.

İn this condition Milgem doesnt have any chance agains asuw helicopters, jet fighters who can carry active radar guided anti ship missile carryable and also asw/asuw patrol aircrafts. Just because ram is good but does not resist any saturation strikes. But if he have vls and medium and low range air defence he can engage a attacker platforms and missiles from more longer range and can make a multiple target engagments.

We must agree that we need milgems on general propose frigate mission until all i class and Tf-200 come. But all of us know we cant make a battleship like a chineese and other big nations. On the other hand my all wishes , siper can fit the self defence module of vls. With help of this we can use him with barbaros and vls loaded gabya's.

Our navy needs rapidly new ships but we have lack a marine engineer who experienced battleship makeing. But if yonca onuk can make his new corvette with the version of asw (his hull from steel only his super structure composite he can carry fersah sonar. Also orka-a behalf of 2 gökdeniz vls's and stop enough for ships air defence. ) we can use 4 of him on littoral asw corvette like milgems. And after that we fit a 8 or 16x vls on the milgems behalf of ram for 16x hisar-a and 16x essm/g-40 thanks quadpack.

And also we need to add barbaros mlu extra 8x not hull burried vls on the +aft vls or behalf the front ciws for 32x essm/g-40 . With help of that we can carry 16x siper in the aft vls's if he fit. But my idea is if he cant fit barbaros mlu doesnt wouldn't carry much more fire control radar like that. So this ships ideal for stop gap Air defence Missions for us. So end of a 2025 we can have a core modern fleet for secure our interests on sea , I mean 4 fleet wich include 1x barbaros mlu light air defence, 2x İ class/Milgem General Propose/Asuw, 1x Onuk ASW Corvette. And also 4 reis class will be finished until this date of course other gabya's and type 209's can support this core fleet.

Without that capabilities we can have a possiblity of lose our interest and fleet ships with daring attacks on near future.

İn my vision we need plan our navies future in three stage ;

1- Stage 1 Stop Gap Modern Navy Until 2024-2025 ( Modernized Barbaros Light Air Defence Frigates, Vls loaded Milgems, Onuk Asw Corvettes, And 4 i class last one 4x Reis and Tcg Anadolu for Lhd Missions)
2- Stage 2 Modern Locally Builded Navy Until 2030-2031 ( 2-3 Tf-200's , all 8 İ class is finished on private shipyards, all reis class submarines operational and have sub-gezgin capability who can carry nbc warhead)
3- Stage 3 Modern Regional Power Navy Until 2040's ( All Tf-200's operational, Most Of Tf-1000 Land attack destroyers on the way, light aircraft carrier and longe range aip subs - Milden- lilke vls caaryable saab a-26 ocean lr or type 216 is almost finished . )

Without that kind of vision we cant nothing big on seas in future. I think.

We will become the strongest in the region for sure but will be 2nd behind Italy in Mediterranean.

in fire power by 2030s Turkish Navy will be stronger than Italian Navy
and nobody can match with the Turkish Armed Forces in the Eastern Mediterranean ..... not even close

Italian Navy strategic plan between 2020 and 2034

• 1 Aircraft carrier (550 Cavour)
  • 4 Amphibious vessels (L9890 LHD Trieste + 3 LXD)
  • 4 Destroyers (2 Horizon/Andrea Doria class + 2 new DDX)
  • 10 Frigates (FREMM/Bergamini class)
  • 7+8 Patrol Vessels (7 PPA/Paolo Thaon di Revel class + 8 EPC European Patrol Corvettes)
  • 8 Submarines (4 U212A + 4 U212NFS )
  • 9 Maritime Patrol Aircraft for ASW

FRIGATES

Italian Nay 10 FREMM Frigates between 2013 and 2021 ... modern but poor weapon capacity

-- 16 x ASTER15 or ASTER30 SAMs
-- 8 x TESEO anti ship missiles

Turkish Navy 4 modernized GABYA class Frigates armed with

-- 36x SM-1MR and 32x ESSM SAMs
-- 8 x HARPOON anti ship missiles

Turkish Navy 4 modernized MEKO-200 tackII class Frigates armed with

-- 32x and 64x ESSM SAMs
-- 8 x HARPOON anti ship missiles

Turkish Navy 4 ISTIF class Frigates armed with

-- 64x ESSM SAMs
-- 16x ATMACA anti ship missiles

CORVETTES

Italian Navy : No
Turkish Navy : 4 ADA class stealth Corvettes

also Turkish Navy will have 10 new FACs armed with

-- 250km SMART-S MKII Radar
-- 1x OTOMELERA 76mm Gun
-- 8x ATMACA anti ship missiles
--21x RAM

DESTROYERS

Italian Navy 2 HORIZON class Destroyers armed with

-- 48 x ASTER15 and ASTER30 SAMs
-- 8x TESEO anti ship missiles

Itallian Navy 2 DDX class Destroyers

-- 48 x ASTER-15 and ASTER-30 B1NT SAMs
-- 8 x TESEO anti ship missiles

Turkish Navy 7 TF-2000 class Destroyers armed with

-- 64 cells VLS for HISAR and SIPER SAMs also GEZGIN Cruise missile
-- 16x ATMACA anti ship missiles

SUBMARINES

Italian Navy : 4 U212A and 4 U212NFS
Turkish Navy : 8 TYPE209 and 6 TYPE214TN ( MILDEN class AIP Submarine will replace TYPE209s by 2030s )

MISSILE POWER

Italy
-- ASTER-15 and ASTER-30 SAMs
-- TESEO anti ship missile

Turkiye
-- ESSM , HISAR and SIPER SAMs
-- HARPOON and ATMACA anti ship missiles
-- ATMACA land based coatral defense missile
-- Supersonic anti ship missile
-- Anti ship Ballistic Missile
-- GEZGIN long range cruise missile

also Turkish Airforce will help Turkish Navy to block Eastern Mediterranean against any power

-- SOM C1/C2 air launched network enabled anti ship missiles
-- HARM and AKBABA anti radiation missiles
-- S400 Air Defense System
-- KORAL and REDET Radar Electronic Warfare Systems
-- 4 HAVASOJ stand off jammer Aircrafts
-- 4 Boeing E-7T AEWCs
-- ANKA-S , AKSUNGUR , GOKSUNGUR and AKINCI UCAVs

and of course by 2030 TF-X Fighter Jets and MIUS turbofan engine powered UCAV

We need more 10 years , then France,Italy,Greece,Israel,Egypt will be joke for the Turkish Armed Forces in the Eastern Mediterranean

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom