What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

I73sVe.jpg

It seems hull block manufacturing and assembly processes have been completed. Construction status currently at 75%. Its planned to be launched in 2021.
Too old picture,It's from TCG Burgaza construction times. First İ class ship will be delivered to Navy in 2023.

16 VLS means 64 ESSM or G-40. And 16 anti ship missiles, what is not enough for a ship like I-class?

The 1900 ton Sa'ar 6 will have 48 VLS and 16 anti-ship tubes, why?

The TF-2000 had 32 VLS in its original design. Updated version was introduced in IDEF2019. The length of the ship has been extended, the VLS has been increased to 64, why?

I just wonder why the preference is in this direction. Technical reasons or doctrine?

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...-rc-short-range-naval-air-defence-system.html

Turkmenistan_Coast_Guard_Patrol_Boat_SIMBAD-RC_MBDA_1.jpg

Turkmenistan Coast Guard patrol boat SG113 Merdana with its forward SIMBAD-RC turret visible. (President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov on the foreground). Picture via http://bmpd.livejournal.com / www.chrono-tm.org
Turkmenistan_Coast_Guard_Patrol_Boat_SIMBAD-RC_MBDA_2.jpg

A SIMBAD-RC turret weighs about 500 Kg. The system is capable of single or salvo missile launches. The Mistral missile weighs 18.7 kg missiles with a firing range of up to 6.5 km..
2015 it became public that MBDA Italy was implementing the "Tetris" project for the supply of several naval weapon system to the Turkmen naval forces. The project reportedly involved:
- Otomat Mk 2 (probably, Block IV modifications also called Teseo Mk2/A) anti-ship missiles
- Marte Mk 2 / N anti-ship missiles
- SIMBAD-R
48.jpg

( There might be air radar)

I73sVe.jpg

It seems hull block manufacturing and assembly processes have been completed. Construction status currently at 75%. Its planned to be launched in 2021.
Aman yarabbim sana geliyorummm!
She's a pretty one

We need at least 1 more dedicated military shipyard. Preferably somewhere in the south.
There's a new one in Izmir and it's about to recieve a new drydock, so the bulding speed of I-class will double in the next months :-)

Gentlemen, there is a serious aircraft carrier project in Turkey. Although it was not officially announced, CB had spoken about it in the past years. In addition, the shipyard construction in Çanakkale, which will be completed in the first quarter of 2020, clearly shows this.

Such a ship would produce one of the world according to Turkey (maybe Navanti to be known that he does not have a design and manufacturing) is just DzKK Design to design the project office in Turkey.

Turkey's first national warship is made of the Istanbul Naval Shipyard Shipyard Commander Rear Admiral Ahmet Cakir "aircraft carrier to make it easier for us," he said.

https://www.timeturk.com/tr/2013/12/16/turkiye-icin-ucak-gemisi-yapmak-cok-kolay.html

http://www.canakkale.gov.tr/yerli-ve-milli-ucak-gemisi-kizilelma-da-uretilecek

I think you are talking about Alaybey shipyard. This place is also linked to the RSD. I think special projects should be given to private shipyards, shipbuilding speed should be increased, and alternatives should be increased, and one should not adhere to a shipyard. In addition, the shipyards should have their own unique projects.

Aman yarabbim sana geliyorummm!
She's a pretty one

This is Burgazada's picture
https://www.virahaber.com/service/amp/hayalet-gemi-tcg-burgazada-suya-indiriliyor-41365h.htm

ISTIF class F515 TCG Istanbul frigate (picture from 24.06.2019) It will be delivered in 2021.

İ Sınıfı TCG İstanbul Fırkateyni 24.06.2019.jpg

Last edited:
Gentlemen, there is a serious aircraft carrier project in Turkey. Although it was not officially announced, CB had spoken about it in the past years. In addition, the shipyard construction in Çanakkale, which will be completed in the first quarter of 2020, clearly shows this.

Such a ship would produce one of the world according to Turkey (maybe Navanti to be known that he does not have a design and manufacturing) is just DzKK Design to design the project office in Turkey.

Turkey's first national warship is made of the Istanbul Naval Shipyard Shipyard Commander Rear Admiral Ahmet Cakir "aircraft carrier to make it easier for us," he said.

https://www.timeturk.com/tr/2013/12/16/turkiye-icin-ucak-gemisi-yapmak-cok-kolay.html

http://www.canakkale.gov.tr/yerli-ve-milli-ucak-gemisi-kizilelma-da-uretilecek

I think you are talking about Alaybey shipyard. This place is also linked to the RSD. I think special projects should be given to private shipyards, shipbuilding speed should be increased, and alternatives should be increased, and one should not adhere to a shipyard. In addition, the shipyards should have their own unique projects.

This is Burgazada's picture
https://www.virahaber.com/service/amp/hayalet-gemi-tcg-burgazada-suya-indiriliyor-41365h.htm

ISTIF class F515 TCG Istanbul frigate (picture from 24.06.2019) It will be delivered in 2021.

View attachment 620832
Tcg Burgazada was launched in June 2016 and was delivered in November 2018. While Tcg İstanbul still dosen't launch how it will be delivered in 2021? I'm saying again Tcg İstanbul will be delivered in 2023.

Abi if we are going for an aircraft carrier then are we going to be able to land e.g hurjet, f16 on it ? And even akinci, tb2, anka and such ? It’s a very expensive project, but if you think of libya and such cases it makes sense to have power projection. Mercenaries and rogue generals don’t usually have full armed forces. So we’d have superiority against them even with our current aaw armament of our corvettes.

Am I right ?

Abi if we are going for an aircraft carrier then are we going to be able to land e.g hurjet, f16 on it ? And even akinci, tb2, anka and such ? It’s a very expensive project, but if you think of libya and such cases it makes sense to have power projection. Mercenaries and rogue generals don’t usually have full armed forces. So we’d have superiority against them even with our current aaw armament of our corvettes.

Am I right ?
Hürjet, F16 and MMU can of course descend. That's the purpose.

Tcg Burgazada was launched in June 2016 and was delivered in November 2018. While Tcg İstanbul still dosen't launch how it will be delivered in 2021? I'm saying again Tcg İstanbul will be delivered in 2023.
2021 also exceeds open sources. I think that the Istanbul shipyard will concentrate on TF-2000 after this ship, and that they will make the other 3 class I ships to the private sector.

@Balamir I think the aircraft carrier is long term, thats probably 2 decades away and will be important since NATO wont exist by then and future conflicts will also revolve around the antarctic with the antarctic treaty expiring in 2048 and we will get our share there as well.

@Balamir I think the aircraft carrier is long term, thats probably 2 decades away and will be important since NATO wont exist by then and future conflicts will also revolve around the antarctic with the antarctic treaty expiring in 2048 and we will get our share there as well.
The opinion of the Commander of the Istanbul Shipyard, the CB tells me personally and if we put the news of the shipyard in Çanakkale one after another, I do not think it will take so long. In the years ahead, we can hear more concrete news about the aircraft carrier in the near future. However, there is a fact like this. Production and operation of aircraft carriers are expensive.

In addition, the speech of CB's KINALIADA Corvette (F-514) on 03.07.2017, which is the day when it was launched, says "we will make an aircraft carrier, we are determined".

İÇDAŞ shipyard is being built in an extremely strategic and safe place.

İÇDAŞ Uçak Gemisi Tersanesi.jpg

İÇDAŞ Uçak Gemisi Tersanesi 2.jpg

The opinion of the Commander of the Istanbul Shipyard, the CB tells me personally and if we put the news of the shipyard in Çanakkale one after another, I do not think it will take so long. In the years ahead, we can hear more concrete news about the aircraft carrier in the near future. However, there is a fact like this. Production and operation of aircraft carriers are expensive.

In addition, the speech of CB's KINALIADA Corvette (F-514) on 03.07.2017, which is the day when it was launched, says "we will make an aircraft carrier, we are determined".

İÇDAŞ shipyard is being built in an extremely strategic and safe place.

View attachment 621036
View attachment 621037
Before this virus, If someone told me that WW3 would happen in the near future; I'd have laughed at them. But now, we have no idea what will happen after this virus is over. So, I used to be against having an AC (Not LHD, an AC) but now, I approve it. The issue is how are we planning to defend these? Even 7 Tf-2000 wouldn't be enough to protect 1xCV, 2xLHD and E.Mediterranean at the same time.

Before this virus, If someone told me that WW3 would happen in the near future; I'd have laughed at them. But now, we have no idea what will happen after this virus is over. So, I used to be against having an AC (Not LHD, an AC) but now, I approve it. The issue is how are we planning to defend these? Even 7 Tf-2000 wouldn't be enough to protect 1xCV, 2xLHD and E.Mediterranean at the same time.

6 Reis class submarines, 4 I class frigates, TF-100 frigates are planned.
With its 450 km multifunction radar, it can monitor and protect an entire sea of TF-2000 Aegean with 64 VLS.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Yes if the Earth would be flat, the reality looks different.

What are we going to fly off our "aircraft carrier"? Currently we don't have a carrier-capable aircraft or plans to acquire any. (excluding F-35B which the Americans won't sell us)

Perhaps TAI, Baykar, Vestel or another similar company can build a carrier-operated jet-powered UCAV. I think that'd be the best solution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom