What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Not sure where to put it, but I think this is the most appropriate place.
I'm also bit surprised but, it's good to see where it's goin..
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

View attachment 527113

Edit: explanation for non-Turkish speakers…
In summary; In October 2018, it was stated that the Cirit and L-Umtas G/M shots were successfully carried out in the Aegean Sea on-board Burak Class ( ex-D'Estienne d'Orves-class A69 type Aviso ) corvettes.
Can you share the magazine link ?

i Cant forget how some so called experts when asked about whatr seemad like serious and methodical push for devopment of turkish defence inudustry they mocingly said turkisjh defence industry is indutry of prototypes. I was optimistic fromk the get go, no Im not sayiing I havent came back from the future, or have internal info, but when you see civilanm gov , Army and infustry wotking together, coordinatinfg,, all on the smalsame page. Same Exaxctly the same BS was repetaed later on muluple times by certain ppl. Almost like many of these guys who work dfor thing tanks, lobby gruops and weaponry and army assasment habvve their own agendas.

View attachment 527113

In summary; In October 2018, it was stated that the Cirit and L-Umtas G/M shots were successfully carried out in the Aegean Sea on-board Burak Class ( ex-D'Estienne d'Orves-class A69 type Aviso ) corvettes.

Excellent, so LUMTAS is navalised by default. They don't have to work on it like Lockheed with the Hellfire missiles. Still, they need to go beyond LUMTAS with MMW seeker so that multiple missiles can be fired in quick succession.

img_20181216_182741-jpg.527113

What is the plan for our AVISO s? they are old but gold? TN would retire them but i dont hear anything about it.

the ships maybe good for sailing but in a conflict it is a coffin for our sailors, no self protection (ciws ,old electronics) , no modern weapon system nothing! need retire them asap or modernize them.

I don't get it

the first block of the LHD was laid in Feb 2018 thats 10 months ago

it looks to be ready for launch definitely next year maybe around summer time

looks like 18 month development timeline, same as Navantias build rate for 2 x Canberra class for RAN

but Juan Carlos took over 48 months from steel cut to launch but since it was their first attempt thats understandable

so I would have thought it would take much longer for Sedef considering the MILGEM

what I don't get is using MILGEM timeline as a yard stick why the LHD pace is so fast?

it means Turkish yards can do it but why the difference between MILGEM timeline and TCG Anadolu?

Size doesnt matter in marine industry a 300+ meters ship can get done in 7 months or less and delivered, yes not just launched, its delivered.
Sedef is only subcontractor, and i believe they wont either catch up with schedule and end up with 1-2 years of delay or officials will go blind for a while to let TCG Anadolu to pass all tests for sake of political reasons. Moreover, Sedef is the shipyard with the highest capacity of steel processing and the only Shipyard with automated systems for block building, which makes them most suitable one for production of such a large vessel.
Moreover, steel work of TCG Anadolu is less complicated even than 70 m SAR ships. RMK ( another private shipyard) has quite bad experiences about it , which ships delivered quite bit of years of delay eventhough they were also a subtractor of Fincantieri.
To spit it out, Sedef is only a subcontractor of Navantia where they apply an already proven solution, they dont almost face any issues, even if they did, Navantia finds a solution. Unlike Milgem, as being a test bed for some other equipment all along , with only sole local efforts in design and production, TCG Anadolu is a product where we only do the labour.
In my opinion, and educated guess they will launch the ship ( if they are not skipping the major installations like engines and so on) in the time it has been told to be delivered. Integration, and tests are another huge workload for such a huge ship with multi -mission design.

F_20180806153514882111.png

Navantia F-110 like design. it was rumoured that Navantia is working hard to get a deal for TF-2000. might be true and it would shorten construction time of TF-2000.

https://www.ssb.gov.tr/Images/Uploads/MyContents/F_20180806153514882111.png
I used to say this a year ago, if its becoming news at anywhere i am going to bomb there :))
No doubts, they are marching forward , for this. STM could anytime win the tender , using the exact same F-110, thanks to recent KHK they might use Pendik Naval Shipyard to manufacture the Destroyer. They already have been doing detail design phase with integration of naval design office ( which they call as consultancy) , wouldnt need more than a snap of finger to get it on their laps.
Moreover they have been trying hard to prove they are able to design large vessels by joining tenders and promoting tf 4500 . So guys we might soon hear about STM is getting the TF 2000 tender in the way SEDEF had TCG Anadolu.
They will screw decades of efforts to be able to design and produce our own vessels and move into an old mind which * why should we make it while we can just buy it ? * works everywhere,anywhere in this country at the moment.

I dont know one thing. This design is good okey but good for today . Not good for Tomorrow. Naval design concepts
flourishes. But problem is we use them tomorrow againts new ships like belharra, xwind, omega,ppa, zumwaltt etc.

I think we must merge the all superstructıre things and use one bridge design and spread radar componenets on the this.

So thats good againts freem, type-45, alvaro but not good againts this ships ;

zumwalt-class-navy-stealth-destroyer-program-failure-1.jpg

IndoDefence_2018_Damen_Unveils_6000_Tons_Omega_Frigate_1.jpg

fecb331e0537fff4fa9c1c1ec8ebad2a.jpg

FJC6MKXL75BXFCTOEVK6GS4ZOI.jpg

Italian_Navy_PPA_to_get_BMD_Capability_in_2024.jpg

Back
Top Bottom