What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

I used to say this a year ago, if its becoming news at anywhere i am going to bomb there :))
No doubts, they are marching forward , for this. STM could anytime win the tender , using the exact same F-110, thanks to recent KHK they might use Pendik Naval Shipyard to manufacture the Destroyer. They already have been doing detail design phase with integration of naval design office ( which they call as consultancy) , wouldnt need more than a snap of finger to get it on their laps.
Moreover they have been trying hard to prove they are able to design large vessels by joining tenders and promoting tf 4500 . So guys we might soon hear about STM is getting the TF 2000 tender in the way SEDEF had TCG Anadolu.
They will screw decades of efforts to be able to design and produce our own vessels and move into an old mind which * why should we make it while we can just buy it ? * works everywhere,anywhere in this country at the moment.

Very important points made brother. Just out of curiosity, speaking of STM, seeing that they made it to Top 100 at DefenseNews; how would you define the company in general and their future in national and global defense industries?

To spit it out, Sedef is only a subcontractor of Navantia where they apply an already proven solution, they dont almost face any issues, even if they did, Navantia finds a solution. Unlike Milgem, as being a test bed for some other equipment all along , with only sole local efforts in design and production, TCG Anadolu is a product where we only do the labour.
In my opinion, and educated guess they will launch the ship ( if they are not skipping the major installations like engines and so on) in the time it has been told to be delivered. Integration, and tests are another huge workload for such a huge ship with multi -mission design.

That my friend is a very good point, the keyword is subcontractor

Very important points made brother. Just out of curiosity, speaking of STM, seeing that they made it to Top 100 at DefenseNews; how would you define the company in general and their future in national and global defense industries?
I wouldnt deny their efforts to grow up, they simply recruit anyone who has left a defence-industry related company and ex military engineers, or retired commander. They are granted with both political and engineering sources , economically well founded because they rarely produce something out of scratch, its rather they do trade of science and engineering , doing " consultancy" as in their terms . Undoubtly they are somewhere in the future of defence industry,laying somewhere between state and industry, correlating them both, accelerating the process ( for purchases, deals, offering solutions to foreign countries based on local producs) but there are moments they are misusing this capabilities, ie like in the case of TF2000 (They dont want to collaborate with Pendik Naval Shipyard to develop the design, somehow its their rival). They are doing other works as well but i have no information regarding to their contribution level.
Being honest,i dont think they will ever be able to compete with global rivals who is also taking action in consultancy as in experience , knowledge also capability STM is lagging way behind of them.
The latter is my personal opinion only.

Btw, good to see you in here after a long time .

Yapılan testlerde ÇAFRAD radarı beklenenin de üzerinde bir menzili gördü.

Translated from Turkish by Microsoft
In the tests, the Çafrad radar saw a range above what was expected.

Du1_bv9XcAAIvAP.jpg

This is phase 1 prototype So It should have 150 km range. Like @Oguzbalasi quoted. Phase 2 prototype and Serial production units will have 450 km Range.

To clarify - CAFRAD has different radars as part of it. This tests tests the CFR and AYR radars, which have a range of 150km (it also tests the IFF, which has a range of 450km, but that's not really a radar). The long range search radar, which has a range of 450km, isn't in this test.

I wouldnt deny their efforts to grow up, they simply recruit anyone who has left a defence-industry related company and ex military engineers, or retired commander. They are granted with both political and engineering sources , economically well founded because they rarely produce something out of scratch, its rather they do trade of science and engineering , doing " consultancy" as in their terms . Undoubtly they are somewhere in the future of defence industry,laying somewhere between state and industry, correlating them both, accelerating the process ( for purchases, deals, offering solutions to foreign countries based on local producs) but there are moments they are misusing this capabilities, ie like in the case of TF2000 (They dont want to collaborate with Pendik Naval Shipyard to develop the design, somehow its their rival). They are doing other works as well but i have no information regarding to their contribution level.
Being honest,i dont think they will ever be able to compete with global rivals who is also taking action in consultancy as in experience , knowledge also capability STM is lagging way behind of them.
The latter is my personal opinion only.

Btw, good to see you in here after a long time .

Sorry for the late response. Thank you for your opinions and your comment.
Well, I try to stick around time to time to come across with old friends like you among with the rest of the pack here, meh.

Bro this project in progress or not ?

As far as I know, Idealab in teknopark under the leadership of SSB, They are working on those technologies under this roadway bro. I mean SSB considers this program worth proceeding for future propulsion alternative for Navy.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom