What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

572B1CDC-B90D-4A8F-BFD6-64AEE90DC872.jpeg

LHD TCG Anadolu seneye denize indirilecek ve 2020 son çeyreğinde Deniz Kuvvetlerine teslim edilecektir... son görselde havuz (kırmızı) ve hangar (yeşil) bölümü görünüyor.
The LHD TCG Anatolia will be launched to the next year and will be delivered to the Navy in the last quarter of 2020 Deniz the pool (red) and hangar (green) section appear in the final image.

DtpbvUbWkAAZZob.jpg

DtpbvUdWoAA4dnY.jpg

DtpbvUiXgAAn0rq.jpg

DtpbvUYW0AAZDU8.jpg

DtpbvUbWkAAZZob.jpg

DtpbvUdWoAA4dnY.jpg

DtpbvUiXgAAn0rq.jpg

DtpbvUYW0AAZDU8.jpg

DtpbvUbWkAAZZob.jpg

DtpbvUdWoAA4dnY.jpg

DtpbvUiXgAAn0rq.jpg

DtpbvUYW0AAZDU8.jpg

DtlGtQWWoAI3CKy.jpg

DtkZwC2XgAAhyov.jpg

How wild this is,

I don't think not many people would even believe We would develop such advanced radar for our air defence destroyer with national CMS, 20 years ago.

This is project on par with TFX.

How wild this is,

I don't think not many people would even believe We would develop such advanced radar for our air defence destroyer with national CMS, 20 years ago.

This is project on par with TFX.

Bro, I don’t understand a thing of radars and stuff but can you explain me what is the job of that radar and what is so important about it?

Bro, I don’t understand a thing of radars and stuff but can you explain me what is the job of that radar and what is so important about it?

It is a fire control radar, it illuminating the the target so the missile can fly to the target 150 km away.

I don't get it

the first block of the LHD was laid in Feb 2018 thats 10 months ago

it looks to be ready for launch definitely next year maybe around summer time

looks like 18 month development timeline, same as Navantias build rate for 2 x Canberra class for RAN

but Juan Carlos took over 48 months from steel cut to launch but since it was their first attempt thats understandable

so I would have thought it would take much longer for Sedef considering the MILGEM

what I don't get is using MILGEM timeline as a yard stick why the LHD pace is so fast?

it means Turkish yards can do it but why the difference between MILGEM timeline and TCG Anadolu?

I don't get it

looks like 18 month development timeline, same as Navantias build rate for 2 x Canberra class for RAN

but Juan Carlos took over 48 months from steel cut to launch but since it was their first attempt thats understandable

so I would have thought it would take much longer for Sedef considering the MILGEM

what I don't get is using MILGEM timeline as a yard stick why the LHD pace is so fast?

it means Turkish yards can do it but why the difference between MILGEM timeline and TCG Anadolu?
When you start a complicated project with a deadline in a big industrial company you create new production area/line and generally you employ more people.

I think current east med. problems and US provoking Greeks made officials to push Sedef for a quicker delivery.

BTW our shipyards are very dangerous and exhausting. Generally you have to work as fast as possible with highest quality, fewer mistakes as possible, with at least 10-12 hours a day for 6 days in a row every week with more hours when needed and you work like a mad hungry rat looking for cheese. This iis why we have a lot of deaths in our shipyards. So; when you pull deadline to an earlier time it still can be done perfectly but with a cost.

Last edited:
I don't get it

First block was laid in 2018 but first steel was welded in April 2016.

Not sure where to put it, but I think this is the most appropriate place.
I'm also bit surprised but, it's good to see where it's goin..
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

IMG_20181216_182741.jpg

Edit: explanation for non-Turkish speakers…
In summary; In October 2018, it was stated that the Cirit and L-Umtas G/M shots were successfully carried out in the Aegean Sea on-board Burak Class ( ex-D'Estienne d'Orves-class A69 type Aviso ) corvettes.

Last edited:
Not sure where to put it, but I think this is the most appropriate place.
I'm also bit surprised but, it's good to see where it's goin..

View attachment 527113

Edit: explanation for non-Turkish speakers…
In summary; In October 2018, it was stated that the Cirit and L-Umtas G/M shots were successfully carried out in the Aegean Sea on-board Burak Class ( ex-D'Estienne d'Orves-class A69 type Aviso ) corvettes.
on some tuzla class please.
Not all but some of them in aegea.

By the way does anybody know that, cirit can hit a low moving helicopter or not ?

Back
Top Bottom