What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

XpJnP8w.gif

I think this kind of trucks (including radar trucks, comman & control trucks etc.) should have armour because war concept is changed... Nowadays there are both conventional & asimetric warfares... So all of our systems should have armour against asimetric warfare... This is just my opinion, i don't know what you think...

they don't need armor. it's not 1960-70s and no one builds launch sites made of concrete. todays operational concept is mobility so nowadays AA operate in launch-leave-redeploy-launch... mode.

so, what was the range?
Range of missiles usually kept as secret,what we know is only the values they want to share.
For now,its told to be 170+ NM , tested for 250+ NM , being tried for 300+ NM

Last edited:
Range of missiles usually kept as secret,what we know is only the values they want to share.
For now,its told to be 120+ NM , tested for 170+ NM , being tried for 250+ NM.

gugl says 120 nm= 222 km, 170nm= 314 km, 250=463 km

didn't tübitak announce back in 2012 that they successfully tested 300 km and were planning to test 500 km? i remember reading tübitak chief saying they tested, qualified and delivered 500 km missiles to TSK in late 2012 LOL

edit: he did indeed say that

Altınbaşak said TÜBİTAK had already produced and delivered a missile with a range of 500 kilometers to the Turkish military and added that the missile had displayed a mere five-meter deviation from its target in field tests. In the next phase of the program this year, TÜBİTAK will first test the 1,500-kilometer missile before heading for the final goal of 2,500 kilometers.

dated february 1, 2012 LOL

Turkey aims to increase ballistic missile ranges - BUSINESS

its almost the missile is bigger so maybe bigger version of som?

gugl says 120 nm= 222 km, 170nm= 314 km, 250=463 km

didn't tübitak announce back in 2012 that they successfully tested 300 km and were planning to test 500 km? i remember reading tübitak chief saying they tested, qualified and delivered 500 km missiles to TSK in late 2012 LOL

edit: he did indeed say that

dated february 1, 2012 LOL

Turkey aims to increase ballistic missile ranges - BUSINESS

it might be claimed range at maximum, while 300 km and 200 km is precision guranteed ranges. there will be someone who will explain is clearly . What i know, is all ranges given to public is just a value .
* values edited , confused with convertion of units.

it might be claimed range at maximum, while 300 km and 200 km is precision guranteed ranges. there will be someone who will explain is clearly . What i know, is all ranges given to public is just a value .
* values edited , confused with convertion of units.

modern cruise missiles' guidance is mainly gps/ins (though there are gps/iir and gps/sal missiles), meaning precision doesn't change over range. nevertheless, it's TSK, they publicized j-600t after 7-8 years LOL let's sit and wait :cheesy: :partay:

Some Updates from Roketsan;
  • Roketsan will start deliveries of MIZRAK-U within this year to Turkish Armed Forces
  • Roketsan and Tawazun Group of UAE are jointly offering Cirit missiles to third countries in the ME region
  • Australia and South Korea have shown serious interest in SOM Cruise Missile
  • Thailand and Jordan may become the 2nd and 3rd foreign countries to purchase Cirit missiles
  • "We are currently working on multiple projects for the Turkish Navy, the Air Force and the Army. However, we are not yet promoting certain products, as our customers would not like to have them disclosed." - Eyüp Kaptan, chairman of the board of directors for Roketsan.

Mizrak-U - ATM? Is it possible to fire from ground (land vehicle)?

Mizrak-U - ATM? Is it possible to fire from ground (land vehicle)?
L-Umtasm1310zrak_zps1b29ea6a.jpg

Some Updates from Roketsan;
  • "We are currently working on multiple projects for the Turkish Navy, the Air Force and the Army. However, we are not yet promoting certain products, as our customers would not like to have them disclosed." - Eyüp Kaptan, chairman of the board of directors for Roketsan.

:closed:

[*]"We are currently working on multiple projects for the Turkish Navy, the Air Force and the Army. However, we are not yet promoting certain products, as our customers would not like to have them disclosed." - Eyüp Kaptan, chairman of the board of directors for Roketsan.
[/LIST]

Hmm... If they don't declare let's guess...

They declared ATMACA, AKYA, many variants of MIZRAK, improved SOM variants, SOM-J already... I remember these...

Now i guess... 1st thing coming to my mind is an AA missile and some kind of ballistic missiles...

What is your guess list guys ?.. :D

Hmm... If they don't declare let's guess...
They declared ATMACA, AKYA, many variants of MIZRAK, improved SOM variants, SOM-J already... I remember these...
Now i guess... 1st thing coming to my mind is an AA missile and some kind of ballistic missiles...
What is your guess list guys ?..

It doesn't matter what we say.... What matters is, "What @cabatli_53 says ?" :)

Back
Top Bottom