What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

SOM-J anti-ship variant will have shaped charge warhead, fly under the 5 m sea-skimming capability. She will have a range of 250+km. SOM-J will be exported as anti-ship missile for Eurofighters in 2018...

Thnks ocay.

showdaily2ugksi.jpg

What are the specs on this missile? Maybe Pakistan can procure for it's JF-17.

It is same missile with original SOM but reduced weight and volume to integrate inner bays of F-35 and sea-skimming capability over the sea to be used as anti-ship missile.

What's the maximum range and does it have an active seeker?

What's the maximum range and does it have an active seeker?

SOM B1 and B2 variants have a range of 300km.
SOM with KALE-3500 turbojet engine is expected to reach longer ranges.
SOM-Er with 3,2kN turbofan engine is expected to reach 800km.
Gezgin cruise missile with 3,2kN turbofan engine is expected to reach 1000+km range.

Guidance of SOM

INS/GPS
Terrain Referenced Navigation
Image based navigation
Automatic target recongition
3th generation IIR seeker

F35_SOM-J.jpg

I dont think you can protect these with armor,only by jamming or other counter measures(laser weapons etc)

I'm talking about protection against asimetric warfare... Because in this century you can see so many enemies who are in your country as a citizen of your country... These enemies can hit these kind of our systems even with small arms... A pistol can harm these systems too... Also with some small missiles like anti-tank missiles... Sniper rifles etc... I am talking about this... For example if our army can guarantee to protect area against 1 person who has a sniper rifle then i'm ok, no problem... But i think it's something hard... 1 person can enter that zone IMO, he is not a vehicle which is big and makes huge noise and can be seen by radars easily...

Last edited:
I'm talking about protection against asimetric warfare... Because in this century you can see so many enemies who are in your country as a citizen of your country... These enemies can hit these kind of our systems even with small arms... Even with some small missiles like anti-tank missiles... Sniper rifles etc... I am talking about this... For example if our army can guarantee to protect area against 1 person who has a sniper rifle then i'm ok, no problem... But i think it's something hard... 1 person can enter that zone IMO, he is not a vehicle which is big and makes huge noise and can be seen by radars easily...
I'm sure that where ever they are deployed,they will have protection by infantery(mbt,soldiers) around the area.
It will be a closed area,nobody gets close.
Kimse yaklasamaz.

Some questions...

DMT family

What is this DMT family ?..

-Mini smart bomb belongs to Roketsan

We know this...

6165cc8a73.jpg

But what is this ?.. We didn't see it yet, right ?..

-Miniature bomb project belongs to SAGE

Can you please explain these 2... As i see they are both laser guidence kits... What is the difference... Any photos ?..

-LGB+ kits belongs to Aselsan
-LGK family kits belongs to Roketsan

Thx...

Some questions...

What is this DMT family ?..

We know this...

6165cc8a73.jpg

But what is this ?.. We didn't see it yet, right ?..

Can you please explain these 2... As i see they are both laser guidence kits... What is the difference... Any photos ?..

Thx...

DMT is the name of cluster bomb family.

44-jpg.24738

Miniature bomb and multiple bomb carriage system project are being developed by Aselsan/SAGE collaboration. Nothing revealed yet.

LGB+ is Aselsan lazer guidance kit, While LGK is Roketsan developed one which is based on Cirit lazer seeker.

AselsanLGBdesign.jpg

ScreenShot033_zps64f2f419.jpg

Back
Top Bottom