What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

We bought Kornets from Russia, seen in a exercise a while ago.

How many and why?
Stop-gap to fill in empty stores or a way to garner some technology through reverse engineering?

Since we're hoarders I don't think we have an immediate need of ATGM's.

We bought Kornets from Russia, seen in a exercise a while ago.

How many and why?
Stop-gap to fill in empty stores or a way to garner some technology through reverse engineering?

Since we're hoarders I don't think we have an immediate need of ATGM's.

80 launcher + 800 Kornet missiles ordered. There was a stop-gap need to purchase that class AT missiles but selection of Russian supplier is politic. Russia was selected to counter Greek Kornet orders. In times When Turkey was negotiating with Russia, Greece objected to a likely purchase of Kornet missiles and made pressure Russian officials to cancel it so Such politic moves just motivated Turkey and To break so called Ortodox brotherhood of Greece/Russia alliances, They were ordered.

After They were taken delivery, Aselsan made some improvements over system to pass one step ahead of rivals.

Aselsan designed a new removable thermal sighting/targetting device for Kornet missiles called Sager TS. Sager TS provides impressive capabilities of 3rd generation MWIR IR detector technology toTurkish operators.

Thanks to Sager TS, Turkish Kornets reached capability of detection/hitting the targets with a range from 5500m at night conditions, While Original Russian Kornets can only detect and engage the targets with a range of max 3500m in night.

Sager TS thermal sight provides a smooth change in the function of a linear increase from x2 to x25. According to the Aselsan, the unit received a three-time set point of view. The Sager TS uses also algorithms to improve image quality, function, freeze frame, and a simple procedure for checking the zero line of sight.

p4.jpg

Last edited:
Im talking about cruise missile but i think the journalist mixed somethings up. Cruise missile max range is 1500 km i think and the ballistic missile is 2500km.

It it's true, than no doubt, you got help by Pakistan. I remember the time that you can't reach 300 km.

Which Type of Truck is this ?

I think they will go with BMC trucks in the end.

- Domestic product
- Company was sold to someone close to the AKP - clique, who had no former experience in this sector

Im talking about cruise missile but i think the journalist mixed somethings up. Cruise missile max range is 1500 km i think and the ballistic missile is 2500km.

For what a balistic Missile with 2500 KM makes sense ? The Development of an MRBM make only sense if Turkey will go WMD in Future, by that Range they are to inacurate Conventionel Attack ! I even expect 2500 KM Missile will an Gezigin-ER Variant !

ScreenShot216_zpsca7f0e4a.jpg

Turkish artillery rocket/missile family

107mm rockets:18km
122mm Sakarya: 48km (not 40km)
Guided 122mm Sakarya+: 55km
300mm Kasirga : 100+km
300mm guided Kasirga+: 120+km
600mm Yildirim missile: 150km
Your source?

Ballictic missiles are nothing without nuclear warhead. We have to focus on cruise missiles so we have to get them as soon as high numbers and integrate them on planes, subs and ships. Second thing we have to make a strong constitution for make our country more safe and reliable...

nuclear warhead capability MRBM/ICBM just an insurance for awe enemies. But nobody will use it in reallty but who has got this weapon they can threaten everybodies, for example Russia, Israel and Iran threatening us when our interests collide... That is the point...

For Cruise Missiles with 2500 km, I think it's to Project Power to central/south Asia and south Europe !

Back
Top Bottom