What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

I'm not sure if you're familiar with this little physics rule "everything that occupies space has a mass"
I guess you also believe that the envelop of a hot air balloon weighs alot? :disagree:

I don't really give a damn about the weight.
Well, sadly, the helicopter's performance does.

The fact is, we used to hold 19 rockets in one pod rapidly emptying that pod would give the helicopter a lot of firepower, a lot of psychologic deterrent. Now the helicopters are getting silent and the firepower keeps reducing the helicopters lose their psychological effect on the enemy.

A lot of non-focused firepower, good for suppression of enemy positions. I wouldn't say that a attack helicopter looses firepower when it's equipped with the quarter of the number of unguided rockets it can carry with missiles instead (each missile carrying 3 times the heavier payload than a similar-sized rocket). Ever seen videos from the gun-cams of AH-64 Apache helicopters taking out enemies with Hydra 70:s? No, because they tend to use AGM-114 Hellfire missiles instead. Why? Because it's the matter of putting the ordinance on the target, not only within the targets general area as is the case with unguided rockets. What's the point of carrying 19 rockets if only 4~5 of them actually will hit close enough to the target to take it out?

It just makes it gay-er
Yeah, because the coolishness factor is so important on the battlefield...

I guess you also believe that the envelop of a hot air balloon weighs alot? :disagree:
mass and weight are two different things. I believe air has the same mass regardless of it's temperature. And I'm having trouble believing that pod is full of hot air.

I disagree with you strongly Baykuş, M197 20mm on T129 is already VERY accurate. More accurate than the chaingun on Apache. And I've seen in videos Turkish cobra pilots unload their rocket pods on terrorists aggressively. And T129 isn't as armored as Apache, the enemy doesn't need a ZSU-23, a DShK can easily ruin your day. Threats are very real, you need every bit of that suppressive fire. A hydra rocket may fall a couple of meters off your target but any sane person will run for his life.

Yeah, because the coolishness factor is so important on the battlefield...
By gay I meant useless.

The Cirit is designed for use with existing 70 mm rocket launchers such as the LAU-61, LAU-68, LAU-130, LAU-131, M260 and M261. Roketsan is also developing a new series of digital launchers, with seven and 19 tubes, to take advantage of the Cirit's MIL-STD-1760 databus capabilities.
Maybe not ready yet?

I don't really give a damn about the weight. The fact is, we used to hold 19 rockets in one pod rapidly emptying that pod would give the helicopter a lot of firepower, a lot of psychologic deterrent. Now the helicopters are getting silent and the firepower keeps reducing the helicopters lose their psychological effect on the enemy.

I don't like this, I don't like the fact that our pilots will fly with so little payload under their pylons. and I don't like anything about that pod regardless if it's plastic or aluminium or whatever light material it's made of. It just makes it gay-er

Cirits are not taking Hydra's role.... Hydra - Cirit - Hellfire all have different roles.

Cirits are not taking Hydra's role.... Hydra - Cirit - Hellfire all have different roles.

Complately true! Cirit can hit targets as perfectly according to its mission but hydra only for salvo firing so make targets soften. too much cirits not needle to atack...

Roketsan thats why says Cirit missiles cost effective...

Very cheap than AT missiles and very accuracy according to Hydra.

Last edited:
The Cirit is designed for use with existing 70 mm rocket launchers such as the LAU-61, LAU-68, LAU-130, LAU-131, M260 and M261.
That's what I was expecting since the beginning of the whole cirit project. But if that information is correct why cirit is cirit still not in service?
Roketsan is also developing a new series of digital launchers, with seven and 19 tubes, to take advantage of the Cirit's MIL-STD-1760 databus capabilities.
Maybe not ready yet?
Why the fvck not? it's just a piece of metal with some cables
Why the fvck not? Let the cirit take hydra rockets' role, it's a good thing. Cirit is an excellent development. I'm just asking why the pods have to be so poor.

That's what I was expecting since the beginning of the whole cirit project. But if that information is correct why cirit is cirit still not in service?

Why the fvck not? it's just a piece of metal with some cables
Why the fvck not? Let the cirit take hydra rockets' role, it's a good thing. Cirit is an excellent development. I'm just asking why the pods have to be so poor.
If they can be launched from existing pods,there is no need for indigenous ones.
Maybe these were only made to show the product with launcher,who knows.

As you stated before Hydra is being used for suppresion, cirit is more like a precision strike. Different roles.... .

maybe we will see a better version of pods in the future. :undecided:

As you stated before Hydra is being used for suppresion, cirit is more like a precision strike. Different roles.... maybe we will see a better version of pods in the future. :undecided:
Different roles because of the sucky little pods, not the missile itself.
If they can be launched from existing pods,there is no need for indigenous ones. Maybe these were only made to show the product with launcher,who knows.
I need to know :) It's itching my brain.

I am pretty sure. I ask for a multi launcher like hydra launcher and someone posted one. It looks a little bit like a mock up.
I remember that discussion that picture has nothing to do with Cirit launcher yet that member keep insisted on it. , it was a classic round shaped Hydra launcher.

This is how last Cirit pod discussion started :

Has Roketsan develop multi-tubes for his Cirits like Hydra?

Yes Roketsan did develop a smart pod for Cirit but its a failure in my book because it can only carry 2-4 missiles , too low payload compared to Hydras.

6406Cirit_pod.jpg

clipboard01ff2z04.jpg

...and finally member named @Casus Belli shared a pic insisting launcher on top far left side in this pic is Cirit launcher made by TAI(which is not i seen same launcher on Eurocopter throwing unguided Hydras)

XiyepTD.png

Last edited:
No. This is not the pod I have seen. It has square shape. If I remember right, it was 8 squared.

No...no....no....come on people!

8 squared, multi launch, bright colored, from Roketsan in development.

Different roles because of the sucky little pods, not the missile itself.

Mate, you have much more knowledge than me...... and i feel like, you are joking with me.... ?

One is guided other one is unguided. Cirit is able to hit a truck that is crusing at 70 km/h while helicopter is it self have a speed of 220km/h... how are you going to do the same thing with 1 hydra rocket, it is almost impossible. Using ATGMs for that purpose is too costly and unguided missiles are ineffective in engaging. Why are you making me tell all of this you already know this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom