What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

The Greeks will probably be operating F-35s soon enough. The Meteor is currently being integrated on the F-35.

Any indication of the projected Unit price of the Kizilelma?

Still it will be hard to counter a drone, would you send a expensive weapon to be shot down? How many will they get? A Kizilelme will cost 20 million dollar estimated cost for now, a single F35 100? Operatin cost etc, Greece will have problems big problems.

Still it will be hard to counter a drone, would you send a expensive weapon to be shot down? How many will they get? A Kizilelme will cost 20 million dollar estimated cost for now, a single F35 100? Operatin cost etc, Greece will have problems big problems.
F-35A is at $78 Million, and the Greeks will have no choice but to send up the F-35 against a low observable platform they perceive as getting to close. The F-35 has very capable sensors, which the Turks know very well.

Turkey will just have to make the T-FX better then the F-35, at least in A2A, and be able to send up large numbers of its drones in a manned-unmanned teaming to counter the Greeks relatively smaller fleet.

• Studies have been started for more advanced and increased range versions of Göktuğ missiles.
  • The Gökdoğan-II offers a range of more than 100 km and has a roadmap similar to the improvements made by the USA from the AIM-120B to the C8.
  • Bozdoğan-II will have an engagement range of 30+ km.

(via: https://twitter.com/alpaytkn_ss . I couldn't give a direct link because his tweets are protected, but I highly recommend Turkish defense industry enthusiasts to follow this account.)

Currently, 4 types of air-to-air missile family development programs are underway.

Akdogan mini air-to-air (and anti-air) missile familiy
Göktuğ-Bozdoğan off-boresight capable IIR WVRAAM family
Göktuğ-Gökdoğan BVRAAM family
Gökhan Ramjet-propelled BVRAAM missile

Cakir medium rangi anti ship missile, tommorow watch Roketsan...

1648660636160.png

animation with kizilelma from 1.36...

Not only the replacement of the Penguin missiles, but also a cruise missile with super sea skimming feature and bidirectional data link for tactical needs at >150km from the air and >100km from the surface. In terms of size, weight and engagement distances, we can say lite ATMACA tailored to the USV and UAVs that the navy will acquire in the near future.

ÇAKIR will be a very special mini cruise missile for the Turkish navy, and I think deserving of its own seperate thread.

Btw, I knew that they were going to do 4x missiles payload demonstration for AKINCI. But the another detail is that double ejection racks on pylons are being considered for fighter jets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom