What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

All of us know we are now trying a make a siper long range air defence missile modifiying the gökdoğan bvr or g-40 mr missile with booster, link and more advanced radar array. Until him we can modify sm-1 mr basic 1.5-2m booster and link capabilty.

İranians modifiy sm-1 and make succesfull air defence missile named sayyad-2

1168840-main.jpg

Our sm-1 mr missiles have 35-37 km range and 20 km altitude . İf we intagrate him him 1.5-2 m booster for longer range (can be fit vls) and link system for midcourse radar guide until last 35 km for missile open his radar for engagement. This missile will be good 80-120 km ranged stop gap long range area defence missile until siper.

m02006120700180.jpg

Us reached sm-r mr to 185 km with 3m booster with 1980 booster tech. we can easily reach him 80-120 km with a basic booster.

We can use him on vls systems of barbaros, g, i class or land based. Until siper comes.

Our Smart-s mk2 and aselsan akr-d will use this missile clearly. We can easily intagrate barbaros class just deattach front sea zenith and locate him 8x vls for 32 essm and locate this new modified missiles to aft 16x vls .

16x modified sm-1 and 32x essm makes barbaros good and cheap light air defence frigates.

Siper Missile Will Be Have More Range Than Aster-30

Yes. That will be true. But How ?

I'm maked two pic for yours give us a french air defence missile evolution and basis and siper- göktuğ family also.

mica-rf-3d-model-max.png

For Siper-Göktuğ

Ads-z.png

We can clearly see in the pics Aster-30 uses a 20 km ranged core missile and reached him with launch booster to 30 km (aster-15) and with stage booster to 100-120 km (aster-30)

But our core missile on the siper long range is a 40 km ranged core missile(siper g-40) without any booster. So with same capable stage booster Siper core missile will reach higher distances than aster-30 .

İn the side of guidance we can guide him 215 km with current tech ( 150 km with çafrad-x + 65 km with göktuğ bvr own radar seeker)

in the side of booster. I think we can make required booster. Since 1960's countries reach missiles to 150-200 km ranges with 2nd stage boosters ( nike hercules, sm-1 er etc.). Thats not a new tech.

Siper Missile Will Be Have More Range Than Aster-30

Yes. That will be true. But How ?

I'm maked two pic for yours give us a french air defence missile evolution and basis and siper- göktuğ family also.

mica-rf-3d-model-max.png

For Siper-Göktuğ

Ads-z.png

We can clearly see in the pics Aster-30 uses a 20 km ranged core missile and reached him with launch booster to 30 km (aster-15) and with stage booster to 100-120 km (aster-30)

But our core missile on the siper long range is a 40 km ranged core missile(siper g-40) without any booster. So with same capable stage booster Siper core missile will reach higher distances than aster-30 .

İn the side of guidance we can guide him 215 km with current tech ( 150 km with çafrad-x + 65 km with göktuğ bvr own radar seeker)

in the side of booster. I think we can make required booster. Since 1960's countries reach missiles to 150-200 km ranges with 2nd stage boosters ( nike hercules, sm-1 er etc.). Thats not a new tech.

That's really informative - thanks.

Can you shed any light on how an AA system could reach around 400km's in range (like the 40N6E used on the S-400 systems). Is the concept same? Use a high range base A2A missile and add boosters?

That's really informative - thanks.

Can you shed any light on how an AA system could reach around 400km's in range (like the 40N6E used on the S-400 systems). Is the concept same? Use a high range base A2A missile and add boosters?
Not bro.

S-300, S-400, Patriot , Thaad is a diffrent standalone missiles. Hisar-U will be can be that kind of missile.

But aster, essm (his history going back aim-7 sparrow), arrow 1-2 , sm missiles (not related a-a missile but tartar missile same type missile). Siper kind of missile.

Not bro.

S-300, S-400, Patriot , Thaad is a diffrent standalone missiles. Hisar-U will be can be that kind of missile.

But aster, essm (his history going back aim-7 sparrow), arrow 1-2 , sm missiles (not related a-a missile but tartar missile same type missile). Siper kind of missile.

So am I getting this right :

- We can "modify" to some extent our A2A missiles (that are still under development) and use them like the French to get around 150km's of range
- But for extended range of up to 400km's the missiles need to be designed for this purpose from the start

In that line of thought, can these "400km" missiles be "modified" to be used on airframes, maybe canning the booster etc to get a 200km missile?

Is this crazy talk :D ?

- We can "modify" to some extent our A2A missiles (that are still under development) and use them like the French to get around 150km's of range
- But for extended range of up to 400km's the missiles need to be designed for this purpose from the start

In that line of thought, can these "400km" missiles be "modified" to be used on airframes, maybe canning the booster etc to get a 200km missile?

Thrust methods is same actually.

But diffrences is a if you have a very long range air defence missile which have a range 150+ km and good kill rate you need bigger radar seeker and rf link and more subsystem so you need a bigger missile and you need a biger core missile which a aircraft cannot carry . Standalone systems a missiles like that.

İf you have 150+ km air defence missile and good kill rate you need active radar homing . And you need bigger radar and radar rf seeker and other subsystems so you need a bigger core missile which cannot carry by aircrafts. Standalone missiles systems like that.

So in this point you cannot a modify a air to air missile.

gerçekten mükemmel bilgiler sen nerede çalışıyorsun..başka sektördeysen harcanıyorsun :-)

gerçekten mükemmel bilgiler sen nerede çalışıyorsun..başka sektördeysen harcanıyorsun :-)

I'm not working on defence industry. I'making m.a (yüksek lisans) in the field of Military History. Maybe in the future I will work on the defence industry history field. But I would wish the work any defence industry firm . at least advertisement, public relations, archive, social media departments. Because I'm in the Defence İndustry area 12-13 years.

Rockets don't have altitude they have apogee
IMG_20191210_094908.jpg

Screenshot_20191210-093854.jpg

IMG_20191210_095125.jpg

2017-11-30_14.33.34.jpg

Rockets don't have altitude. Rockets have apogee.

Last edited:
There is also the SOM C1/2 development (apparently an anti ship version of SOM).

Does anyone know what difference it will have to SOM-J that is anti ship as well.

Back
Top Bottom