What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

IMG_0137.JPG

From Tübitak-SAGE’s twitter account

Last edited:
still waiting for GOKDOGAN video!
Maybe Bozdogan and gozdogan passed some critically important tests that’s why there was big announcement yesterday
Who knows maybe AA missiles video is loading just as we speak :-)

Attachments

• 32E7C120-ACAC-46E4-AABF-B61DC740C987.jpeg
    32E7C120-ACAC-46E4-AABF-B61DC740C987.jpeg
    700.2 KB · Views: 116
Aselsan should develop Small diameter Bomb with IIR seeker to be used on Fighter Jets and UCAVs to hit even moving targets in range of 70km

for example 93kg American GBU-53/B ( GPS/INS/IIR/Active radar homing + data link ) can hit moving targets in range of 72km
Ruufet.jpg

Aselsan should develop Small diameter Bomb with IIR seeker to be used on Fighter Jets and UCAVs to hit even moving targets in range of 70km

That's why the Raven project was developed
Ravens general features:
- Modular Warhead (Particle, Thermobaric, General Purpose, Piercing Warheads)
- GPS, INS guidance options
- High precision and low half damage
- High warhead effectiveness
- Modular wing option (common basic design for swing-wing / fixed-wing, thrust / non-thrust variants depending on operational range requirement)
- GPS independent guidance options (INS and LAB, A-INS and Infrared Seeker, data link, mmW Radar)

- Technicial Specifications
Aircraft Type - MMU, F-35, F-4E / 2020, Hurjet, Hürkuş, Various UAVs
Task Type - Air to surface, Surface to surface
Warhead - 25-60 kg
Range - Drop speed to Mach 0.9 at 40,000 feet altitude 40-60NM (74-111km)
kuzgun-m%C3%BChimmat.jpg

kuzgun-bro%C5%9F%C3%BCr-kullan%C4%B1m-senaryolar%C4%B1-k%C3%BC%C3%A7%C3%BCk.jpg

Can someone help me estimate the time it takes for a unguided projectile like MAM-L, and MAM-C to impact at the farthest range?
@cabatli_53
@MMM-E
@Turan09

And do you think it would be possible to use a missile like this in an anti-ship role like Sea Skua? Would it need the addition of a rocket motor?

4366e1ed-0e3a-47e8-972b-886bc8c9091c-jpeg.589721

Does Kale KTJ-3200 engine have already been used in SOM missile ?
Good news whenever it is ready to be used. KSA, and Turkey can produce engine for cruise missiles now which is good for Muslim world and self reliance. I have a gut feeling that some of these Muslim countries will choose Western alternatives if, and when they start a CM project.

Can someone help me estimate the time it takes for a unguided projectile like MAM-L, and MAM-C to impact at the farthest range?
@cabatli_53
@MMM-E
@Turan09

And do you think it would be possible to use a missile like this in an anti-ship role like Sea Skua? Would it need the addition of a rocket motor?

Good news whenever it is ready to be used. KSA, and Turkey can produce engine for cruise missiles now which is good for Muslim world and self reliance. I have a gut feeling that some of these Muslim countries will choose Western alternatives if, and when they start a CM project.
MAM-C and MAM-L are mini smart bombs... And They have point accuracy, but what about their effect you ask? Can you use it against Warships?
First of all, MAM-L and MAM-C designed for anti-personel, and soft targets (Regular Cars, Buildings etc.) Cheap, reliable smart bombs with point accuracy.

Of course Turkey used it against some ''other targets'' to, for example in Libya, Turkish Bayraktar TB2s striked Ukrainian Il-76 Cargo planes... Here is the result. Thanks to the fuel.
i

So, I can only guess about what would happen if we use it against warships. Today, most of the frigates and destroyers designed to stand out against several anti-ship missiles, and of course anti ship missiles has much bigger warheads. Infact, MAM-C is just a toy when you compare it with for example, ATMACA...
MAM-C (2.5 kg warhead)
MAM-L (10 kg warhead)
ATMACA (200 kg warhead)
In a war, you can of course attack enemy warships with it, but I think it would be only effective if you use it just as a distraction for an anti-ship missile rain... otherwise, smartbombs most probably won't be enough to sink a frigate or a destroyer. Of course, there is always a lucky shot...

MAM-C and MAM-L is just Cirit and UMTAS without rocket motors... So, the question is, what would happen if you use UMTAS against a warship? Anwer is the same. You should use it against smaller vessels, or you need more anti-ship missiles or a lucky shot.

And about Saudi Jet engine, Like I said, it is just Production/Assemble under license. I don't think it is fair to compare this with All Turkish Design and production KTJ-3200... Still a good move by KSA...

And about Saudi Jet engine, Like I said, it is just Production/Assemble under license. I don't think it is fair to compare this with All Turkish Design and production KTJ-3200... Still a good move by KSA...
I mean yeah, to be fair it is a foreign design but most probably machinery, testing equipment, etc is sent to Saudi Arabia to allow for indigenous building. Aren't most the parts just crafted by CNC machines?

I will try to find more information about it and tag you on op.

Last edited:
I mean yeah, to be fair it is a foreign design but most probably machinery, testing equipment, etc is sent to Saudi Arabia to allow for indigenous building. Aren't most the parts just crafted by CNC machines?
Anwer is actually, no.
First of all we don't know if Brazil gave the crucial technology to KSA or not... (single chystal Turbine blades for example) This knowledge is much more valuable than money... And of course I am not sure if brazil produce this parts herself or do they just buy from outside...)
And of course, we produce/assemble engines since 1985. (Establishment of TEI) But as you can see we designed and produce our first engines after 2010's... Because most countries doesn't want to share critical information about their engines. They let you produce some insignificant parts, and then you assamble the rest with avaible kits... Wanna have this critical information? You need R&D. Not just money.

MAM-C and MAM-L is just Cirit and UMTAS without rocket motors... So, the question is, what would happen if you use UMTAS against a warship? Anwer is the same. You should use it against smaller vessels, or you need more anti-ship missiles or a lucky shot.
China had a concept of fire support ship in the past. 122 mm unguided artillery rocket was used on the ships. Then they took the ships out of the inventory. But it was known that the Chinese developed a 300-mm artillery rocket. I think we're gonna wait for a new Taiwan crisis to see it on the field.
4GG0Vp.jpg

V33E8y.jpg

g99Xpb.jpg

o66El7.jpg

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china//jianghu-516.htm

As of today, Turkish Naval Forces have no opportunity to attack from sea to land. (not effective) However, there was already work on adapting MLRS systems to naval forces.
Here, ship-to-ship bombing is possible by developing the guidance system that can be used in the concept developed from sea to land.

EGW44D3XUAEe5DS

South Korea was planning to deploy 130 mm guided missiles on patrol ships. The range of 20 km may seem less. However, it can be improved upon request. In this way, the opportunity to perform surprise attacks in the Bosphorus and port areas can be obtained.
130mm_guided_rocket_LIG_NEX1_MADEX_2017_news_3.jpg

130mm_guided_rocket_LIG_NEX1_MADEX_2017_news_1.jpg

7y67AN.jpg

https://www.navyrecognition.com/ind...rocket-launcher-to-counter-swarm-attacks.html

@Turan09
It would in theory be possible to make a hundred pound cruise missile.
Motor: 30 lbf (130 N) thrust class turbojet.
th

locaas-pic4.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Cost_Autonomous_Attack_System

You could even use a 5 thousand dollar COTS engine that would be impossible to sanction.
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/jc-p200-rx.html
p200-rx_1.jpg

• Thrust: 52 lbs @ 112,000 RPM
  • Weight: 5.53 lb (2510g)
  • Diameter: 5.12 inches (130 mm)
  • RPM Range: 33,000 - 112,000 RPM
  • Exhaust gas temp.: MAX 750°C
  • Fuel consumption: 25 oz per/min at full power
  • Fuel: Jet A1, 1-K kerosene
  • Lubrication: approximately 5% synthetic Oil in the fuel
  • Maintenance interval: 25 hours

Last edited:
OMTAS’ı at ve unut: FNSS’nin, Türk Silahlı Kuvvetlerinin zorlu gereksinimlerini karşılayacak şekilde geliştirdiği Pars ve KAPLAN araçları OMTAS ile testlere devam ediyor. @FNSS_Savunma
img51-750x370.jpg.pagespeed.ce.8aVJSHDH5P.jpg

Avcılar pençelerini çıkardı
FNSS’nin, Türk Silahlı Kuvvetlerinin zorlu gereksinimlerini karşılayacak şekilde geliştirdiği Pars ve KAPLAN araçları OMTAS ile testlere devam ediyor.

Pars ve Kaplan araçlarına entegre edilen Roketsan ürünü OMTAS füzesiyle hareket halindeki araçtan yapılan atışlarda hedefler tam isabetle vuruldu.

Savunma Sanayii Başkanlığı konuyla ilgili olarak sosyal medya hesapları üzerinden yaptığı paylaşımda:

“STA Projesi kapsamında Pars ve Kaplan araçlarına entegre edilmiş OMTAS füzesiyle hareket halindeki araçtan yapılan atışlarda hedef başarıyla vuruldu. Kalifikasyon testleri bu yıl sonuna kadar tamamlanıp 2020 itibarıyla teslimata başlanacak. Toplam 260 araç teslim edilecek.” bilgisine yer verildi.

Savunma Sanayii Başkanlığı tarafından yürütülen Silah Taşıyıcı Araçlar (STA) projesi kapsamında geliştirilen KAPLAN STA, FNSS’nin, KAPLAN yeni nesil zırhlı muharebe aracı ailesinin en küçük üyesi. Otomatik şanzımana ve ana muharebe tankları ile ortak hareket yeteneğine sahip olan araç, farklı alt sistemlerin entegre edilmesi suretiyle geniş bir yelpazedeki görevleri yerine getirebiliyor. Mayın ve zırh koruması bulunan araç, düşük ağırlığa sahip gövde yapısı ve 5 yol tekeri sayesinde, farklı coğrafi şartlarda yüksek mobilite sunuyor. Soğuk ve sıcak iklim koşullarında, çamurlu ve engebeli arazilerde, asfalt veya stabilize yollarda yüksek hızlı hareket yeteneğine sahip olan aracın gelişmiş süspansiyonlu palet sistemi, araçta oluşan titreşimi azaltmaya ve yol tutuşunu arttırmaya yönelik olarak tasarlandı.

700x467xkaplan-sta-06.jpg.pagespeed.ic.yyMKs3VgVG.jpg

Amfibi bir araç olan KAPLAN STA, sınıfındaki, bu kabiliyete sahip az sayıdaki araçtan biri olmasıyla öne çıkıyor. Araç, arka tarafında yer alan iki adet suda itki sistemi sayesinde, kullanıcısının, derin ve akıntılı sularda operasyon yapmasını olanaklı hale getiriyor. Gövdesindeki kapaklarda ve tapalarda su sızdırmaz contalar kullanılan araç, kullanıcıya, hazırlıksız olarak suya girebilme imkânı da sunuyor. KAPLAN STA’nın gövdesi, balistik malzemelerden, balistik kaynak tekniği ile birleştirilerek imal ediliyor. Güç grubu kabini ile genişletilmiş sürücü bölmesinin ön tarafta yer aldığı aracın nişancı ve komutan mahalleri ise orta kısımda bulunuyor. Aracın arka kısmında ise nişancı yardımcısı ve ilave personel bölümü yer alıyor.

Kuralları “PARS 4×4” belirleyecek okumak için tıklayınız!
702x422xomtas3-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sFXHEhMfnl.jpg

OMTAS’ı At–Unut

ROKETSAN tarafından piyadelerin zırhlı birliklere karşı savunma ve saldırı gücünü artırmak amacıyla piyade tarafından taşınabilen kompozit tüp içerisinde tripod üzerinden ateşlenmek üzere geliştirilen OMTAS kara platformlarından da kullanıma uygun özelliklere sahiptir.

Kızılötesi arayıcı başlık ile karadan karaya zırhlı hedeflere karşı 4 kilometre menzile kadar kullanılabilen OMTAS, atış öncesi/atış sonrası kilitlenme ile at-unut/at-güncelle özellikleriyle muharebe sahasında görev yapabiliyor.

Kaynak: www.defenceandtechnology.com

@cabatli_53
@MMM-E
@Turan09

The ammunition in pic is a bomb without rocket engine same class with MAM-L. Open your eyes and see hanger. Rockets generally use slides to launch

Back
Top Bottom