What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

yes Turkey has BM program, the biggest missile(declared) is KHAN missile, range 280 km (some say it can go up to 500 km)

Technical Specifications
Diameter 610 mm
Weight 2.500 kg
Guidance Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Aided – Intertial Navigation System (INS) or INS Only
Control Aerodynamic Control with Electromechanical Actuation System
Propellant Type Composite Solid
Warhead Type High Explosive with Fragment Effect
Warhead Weight 470 kg
Fuze Type Proximity (with Point Detonating Backup)

Turkey has Ballistic Missile Program since 2009 ... 280km KHAN Missile is export version

Security analysts say Turkey would eventually aim to produce ground to ground missiles with a range of up to 1,000 km
Some of the foreign capitals falling within that range if a missile is fired from Turkey include Damascus, Baghdad, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Cairo, Belgrade, Athens, Kiev and Budapest

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2017/02/06/turkey-aims-to-produce-long-range-missiles/

thank you guys what about cruise missiles?
Do you get tomahawk from Nato and USA?

thank you guys what about cruise missiles?
Do you get tomahawk from Nato and USA?

Turkish 300km SOM air launched Cruise Missile and 220+ km ATMACA Naval Cruise Missile are in mass production
( both SOM and ATMACA missiles with land attack / anti ship and network enabled capabilities )

SOM Missile = Seeker : Imaging Infrared ..... Guidance : INS/GPS /TRN/IBN/ATA

by 2019 ATMACA Naval Cruise Missile will have RF+IIR for high precision strike
also there will be land based variant

soon SOM air launched Cruise Missile will have range of 500+ km with indigenous KALE KTJ3200 turbojet engine

and Turkey develops its own 800-1400km GEZGIN land and naval based Cruise Missile

Last edited:
Turkish 300km SOM air launched Cruise Missile and 220+ km ATMACA Naval Cruise Missile are in mass production
( both SOM and ATMACA missiles with land attack / anti ship and network enabled capabilities )

soon SOM air launched Cruise Missile will have range of 500+ km with indigenous KALE KTJ3200 turbojet engine

and Turkey develops its own 800-1400km GEZGIN land and naval based Cruise Missile
I've always wonder that where does Pakistan's Raad cruise missile stands in comparision with Turkish SOM because I have always heard of SOM being one of the best cruise missiles but Raad being a nuclear capable isn't counted anywhere?

thanks
I mostly mean land or sea base cruise missile like Tomahawk not air to ground one?
why don't you buy Tomahawk from Americans????

I said that Turkey develops its owm GEZGIN land and sea base Cruise Missile similar to American TOMAHAWK

I've always wonder that where does Pakistan's Raad cruise missile stands in comparision with Turkish SOM because I have always heard of SOM being one of the best cruise missiles but Raad being a nuclear capable isn't counted anywhere?

SOM is one of the best cruise missile in the world

-- precision strike capability against both land or sea targets
-- network enabled capability ( only a few country in the world )
-- Stealthy and precise
-- Terrain hugging and Sea skimming
-- Imaging Infrared Seeker
-- INS / GPS
-- Terrain Referenced Navigation
-- Image Based Navigation
-- Automatic Target Recognition
-- mach 0,94 speed
-- 300 km range with French TRI-40 Engine ,, 500+km range with Turkish KTJ3200 Engine

and what about if SOM would be armed with Pakistani 35kt nuclear warhead ? Turkey and Pakistan can do it

thanks
I mostly mean land or sea base cruise missile like Tomahawk not air to ground one?

The missile system that is allowed to purchase from abroad must not exceed 300km(payload is also considered). That is the obligation of MTCR terms.

The Turkish missile system that is developed, is usually revealed with a range below than 300km. That is a strategy hosting some politic reason not to attract attention of dirty mouths. I think Iran make this mistake. You can also predict the missile range Turkey can reach with analysing other missile programs.

• Micro-UFA SLV: 100kg payload, 400km altitude, 3 phase hybrid propolsion
  • UFA SLV: 1,5t payload, 700km altitude, 3 stage hybrid propulsion

Those are official programs and their development activities are proceeding according to official schedule.

I said that Turkey develops its owm GEZGIN land and sea base Cruise Missile similar to American TOMAHAWK

SOM is one of the best cruise missile in the world

-- precision strike capability against both land or sea targets
-- network enabled capability ( only a few country in the world )
-- Stealthy and precise
-- Terrain hugging and Sea skimming
-- Imaging Infrared Seeker
-- INS / GPS
-- Terrain Referenced Navigation
-- Image Based Navigation
-- Automatic Target Recognition
-- mach 0,94 speed
-- 300 km range with French TRI-40 Engine ,, 500+km range with Turkish KTJ3200 Engine

and what about if SOM would be armed with Pakistani 35kt nuclear warhead ? Turkey and Pakistan can do it
Not much is mentioned about Hatf-VIII (Ra'ad) but:
--it has two version of Raad 1 with 350km and Raad 2 with 550km.
--Raad also has precision strike capability and Raad 2 is air to surface and air to sea version.The missile has features including low-altitude, terrain hugging missile with high maneuverability.
--can carry conventional/nuclear warheads
--TERCOM/DSMAC/INS
--speed: Subsonic: 0.9mach.
so it's almost equal in terms of characteristics with SOM and it's range is more than SOM.It's not easy to create a missile which can carry nuclear warheads.

I also think TR underestimates by purpose it’s missiles range for political reason but they are much more advanced and have much wider range.

I understand and support that but at some point I would really like to know what are their real capabilities, I bet they are much more impressive as we know about.

Also aren’t those programs about longer ranged balistic missiles kept secret to the public? At least that have been the policy of the Military up until now as far as I know.

I guess we can only speculate and imagine what is really in development or if something is in development at all.

how come this range increase happens while both engines provide same thrust and kale engine is heavier than French one?

how come this range increase happens while both engines provide same thrust and kale engine is heavier than French one?

SOM can fly over 500+ km with French TRI-40 Engine but SOM Missile was limited with range of 300km by the Turkish Engineers because of MTCR agreement

in 2014 SOM missile was reached range of 800km with modified TRI-40 Engine

SOM can fly over 500+ km with French TRI-40 Engine but SOM Missile was limited with range of 300km by the Turkish Engineers because of MTCR agreement

in 2014 SOM missile was reached range of 800km with modified TRI-40 Engine
This isn't correct, Som can reach 300km with 230kg payload, not 500 kg, Thus We are in line with MTCR.

Duration, One last 20 minutes other last an hour.

This isn't correct, Som can reach 300km with 230kg payload, not 500 kg, Thus We are in line with MTCR.

500 kg warhead ? We are talking about range , not warhead

1300 kg STORM SHADOW can fly 550+ km with TRI-60 engine ( 5.4 kN thrust )
1000+ kg AGM-158 JASSM can fly 370 km with J402 engine ( 3.0 kN thrust )
600 kg SOM can fly only 300 km with TRI-40 engine ( 3,3 kN thrust ) ? of course NO

600 kg SOM can fly 500+ km with TRI-40 engine ( 3,3 kN thrust )

"" Hava Kuvvetleri ile yürütülen çalışmalarda ise sevindirici sonuçlar aldık. SOM mühimmatında kullanılan Fransa da yerleşik bir firmadan tedarik edilen TRI-40 motoru üzerinde geliştirme çalışmaları yapıldı. Yapılan çalışma sonrasında TRI-40 motorunun menzili arttırıldı ve SOM mühimmatının test atışlarında 800km üzeri menzile ulaşıldı ""

Source : Kokpitaero

http://www.kokpit.aero/f-35-som-j-fuzesi-kullanacak

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom