What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

The problem is not the design to ‘Arama Radari’, ‘Atis Kontrol Radari’ or ‘Fuze Firlatma Sistemi’.

All these systems are already mastered to almost 70 to 80%.

'Hisar-U' is just one missile 'Hisar-O' bigger (With element like MK 104 Dual Thrust Rocket Motor - DTRM - and Third Stage Rocket Motor), more powerful fist stage with booster like MK 72 (SM-3 Block IB), more maneuvering.

5/8 years for improved, develop them further will not an insurmountable ordeal.

No, the real very hard big challenge is the development of a ‘Lightweight Exo-atmospheric Projectile (LEAP)’ - Kinetic Warhead -.

It is impossible to develop without a complete mastery of launch and placing on space orbit - Space Launch System -.

you are absolutely right but ı wonder s400 have 185 km height range and its not hit to hit killer o_O not like sm3

you are absolutely right but ı wonder s400 have 185 km height range and its not hit to hit killer o_O not like sm3

Explosive detonation is not the best way to intercept a ballistic missile. More you hit high in space more you increase your chances to intercept the warhead.

For MRBM, IRBM and ICBM, you will have the misfortune or miss your target or to have catastrophic fallout - on your territory - for nuclear or chemical warheads type.

My friend NIKES are / were equipped with Nuklear or steel ball warheads (kinetic energy) !

Israel Arrow III, Russian A-135 and US SM3/6

Follow Nike ( could Turkey have upgraded them ? I read about it in AYDINLIK newspaper)

American Nike-X and Sentinel
Nike Zeus failed to be a credible defence in an era of rapidly increasing ICBM counts due to its ability to attack only one target at a time. Additionally, significant concerns about its ability to successfully intercept warheads in the presence of high-altitude nuclear explosions, including its own, lead to the conclusion that the system would simply be too costly for the very low amount of protection it could provide.

By the time it was cancelled in 1963, potential upgrades had been explored for some time. Among these were radars capable of scanning much greater volumes of space and able to track many warheads and launch several missiles at once. These, however, did not address the problems identified with radar blackouts caused by high-altitude explosions. To address this need, a new missile with extreme performance was designed to attack incoming warheads at much lower altitudes, as low as 20 km. The new project encompassing all of these upgrades was launched as Nike-X.

The main missile was LIM-49 Spartan—a Nike Zeus upgraded for longer range and a much larger 5 megatonne warhead intended to destroy enemy's warheads with a burst of x-rays outside the atmosphere. A second shorter-range missile called Sprint with very high acceleration was added to handle warheads that evaded longer-ranged Spartan. Sprint was a very fast missile (some sources[who?] claimed it accelerated to 8,000 mph (13 000 km/h) within 4 seconds of flight—an average acceleration of 90 g) and had a smaller W66 enhanced radiation warhead in the 1–3 kiloton range for in-atmosphere interceptions.

The experimental success of Nike X persuaded the Lyndon B. Johnson administration to propose a thin ABM defense, that could provide almost complete coverage of the United States. In a September 1967 speech, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara referred to it as "Sentinel". McNamara, a private ABM opponent because of cost and feasibility (see cost-exchange ratio), claimed that Sentinel would be directed not against the Soviet Union's missiles (since the USSR had more than enough missiles to overwhelm any American defense), but rather against the potential nuclear threat of the People's Republic of China.

In the meantime, a public debate over the merit of ABMs began. Difficulties that had already made an ABM system questionable for defending against an all-out attack. One problem was the Fractional Orbital Bombardment System (FOBS) that would give little warning to the defense. Another problem was high altitude EMP (whether from offensive or defensive nuclear warheads) which could degrade defensive radar systems.

When this proved infeasible for economic reasons, a much smaller deployment using the same systems was proposed, namely Safeguard (described later).

Last edited:
Did i say the contrary? I was merely pointing that the photo given by the post above mine, was a concept....

Also
Hisar a/o is going to be delayed for an additional 2 years receptively, due to the armed forces 'not approving' the short ranges they have. According to the article they will try to increase the ranges.
HİSAR’da teslimat takvimi değişti | SVT | Savunma ve Teknoloji

It's the same with Anka, ATAK, etc. some Circles in TSK don't want an Indigenous Defence Industry

Yes this is exactly what must be done and this is only with this quality requirement that you get the best.
Its hard to hit ballistic missiles, as they use decoys, flares.. many warheads in a single missiles and so on... Imagine, they fired two missiles, and you also send 2 Standart 3 missiles, which each of them cost 20m$. above, you find out that there are 8 warheads that have to be intercepted.. Thats the challenge..
I wonder if it will be possible to intercept them when there were fired(it is their slowest time, going up) and intercept it with rail gun or laser gun stationed in satellites.. ? I know that, the best challenge against Laser weapon is simple having mirrow like coating on the missiles..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom