What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Typically a cruise missile doesn't have an afterburn

These things are designed for range, not speed
so you can be almost sure that thing isn't SOM
Unless it has a booster. Land and sea based cruise missiles have booster. Though this specific one is Mızrak

Unless it has a booster. Land and sea based cruise missiles have booster. Though this specific one is Mızrak
yeah there's that too.... that'd due to not having a starter system to save from weight I think

pulse-jet engined ones don't have a need for either starter or a solid rocket booster as penguin explained in another thread. That seems like a viable alternative

yeah there's that too.... that'd due to not having a starter system to save from weight I think

pulse-jet engined ones don't have a need for either starter or a solid rocket booster as penguin explained in another thread. That seems like a viable alternative
Only if craft get on air through long runway
For short take off you need afterburner
For no runway take off, you need rocket booster

Only if craft get on air through long runway
For short take off you need afterburner
For no runway take off, you need rocket booster
well, of course the initial thrust on the pulse jet wouldn't be sufficient so a runway would be needed
but WWII german parent of the A10 aircraft used to take off vertically
I should read about that again sometime

boosters have the highest thrust for a short time so they are the only option for ship based turbojet/turbofan missiles.

and wellcome to the forum I don't believe we've met before.

well, of course the initial thrust on the pulse jet wouldn't be sufficient so a runway would be needed
but WWII german parent of the A10 aircraft used to take off vertically
I should read about that again sometime

boosters have the highest thrust for a short time so they are the only option for ship based turbojet/turbofan missiles.

and wellcome to the forum I don't believe we've met before.

And it seems you will not met him again. I told you, your big mouth (which I like) will bring you trouble. Again!

Naval gun system
4 Nov, 2015
Visitors look at a naval gun system manufactured by Turkey's Aselsan during the Defense & Security 2015 exhibition in Bangkok.
naval-gun-system.jpg

Turkish-made cruise missiles
4 Nov, 2015
Turkish-made cruise missiles on display during the Defense & Security 2015 exhibition in Bangkok. French anti-tank missiles, Swedish jets and American assault rifles -- Western governments have criticised Thailand's junta for toppling democracy but at a Bangkok arms fair it was business as usual.
turkish-made-cruise-missiles.jpg

Ground Launched SDB

Turkey making a lot of deal with SAAB. May be Aselsan have done Turkish version on the Kasirga?
Turkish made KGK has range 100km at altitude 10.000 meter. 30km at altitude3500meter.

Long range Artilery rockets fly Altitudes.
227mm M26 rocket for 35km range : Apogee=12000meters
300mm Smerch :For 70km range : Apogee =24477m.
300mm Smerch: For 50km range; Apogee=10000m.
220mm Uragan: for 35km range: Apogee=19000m.
122mm Grad : for 20km range :apogee=7600.
160mm LAR :for 35km range : apogee 18000m.
Tr300 Kasirganin capi ve menzili daha buyuk. 30bin metre yukseklige cikiyordur.
300mm WS1 for 150km range ;apogee30000m.
300mm WS1b for 180km range : apogee 60000m.!!!!

Gordugunuz gibi topcu roketleri 10bin ila 20 bin metre arasi yuksege cikiyor. Tum yakiti havada daha yukari tirmanmak icin kullaniyorsunuz. Yakit 20bin metre irtifada bitiyor..Kanatlari sayesinde suzulerek hedefe gudumleniyor. Roketten daha yavas ama daha uzun menzilli ve daha etkili. 100milyon dolarlik ucagi 200km oteye yollamaktansa. Yerden firlatmak daha mantikli.
Kasirganin capi ve menzili daha buyuk oldugundan belki 250kmyi hedefleyebilir.

The Boeing SDB glide bomb would have a straight-line range of 150 km when delivered by a standard M26 MLRS rocket, or 200 km using improved rocket fuel. Source: Boeing

GL-SDB.jpg

Poland has 'a need and an excellent opportunity' to field the Ground-Launched Small-Diameter Bomb (GLSDB), manufacturer Boeing told reporters in late May.

Speaking ahead of the Paris Air Show at Le Bourget, Debbie Rub, Vice President Global Strike, said that Poland's need to procure a strategic rocket system under a programme called Homar (Lobster) could be satisfied by the GLSDB.

In March, Poland's Armament Inspectorate invited national arms manufacturer Huta Stalowa Wola (HSW) into negotiations for the delivery of wheeled WR-300 Homar multilaunch rocket systems (MLRSs). Boeing believes the GLSDB, which was demonstrated earlier in the year, might be a good fit for this requirement.

The purchase is expected to be worth PLN2.61 billion (USD724 million) for 60 WR-300 launchers to be delivered by 2022.

Developed in partnership with Saab, Boeing's GLSDB combines a GBU-39B SDB I with an M26 rocket to convert the air-launched bomb into a ground-launched munition, and is being marketed as an alternative munition for the M270A1 MLRS.

According to Boeing, the GLSDB has a range of 150 km, which is more than double that of the current Guided MLRS rocket and on a par with short-range ballistic missiles such as the Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS), but at a fraction of the cost. Launch tested in March, the munition is now ready for delivery and can be handed over to a customer within 18 months of a contract being signed.

Paris Air Show 2015: Boeing touts ground-launched SDB for Poland - IHS Jane's 360
http://www.ffi.no/no/Rapporter/09-00179.pdf
Kanatlı Güdüm Kiti Projesi - Savunma ve Havacılık Sanayi İhracatçıları Birliği
Ground-Launched Small Diameter Bomb (GLSDB)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom