What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Roketsan will produce Launchers of NSM for costumers. Cooperation for NSM to deploy on Milgem corvettes are on talk now a days...

Turkish Navy have allready Harpoon Block-II in their Invertory and talk about NSM for Milgem. On the other Side it is expectet that Atmaca MK-I will enter in serial Production in 2015.

Having three Types of ASHM would create a logistic Nightmare.

Can these new Turkish anti-tank missiles beat the trophy system on the Merkava tanks?

Can these new Turkish anti-tank missiles beat the trophy system on the Merkava tanks?

If I'm not wrong, trophy system is designed against HEAT (high explosive anti tank) and tested in various conditions and against various weapons including RPG.

This system aims to the head of incoming object. This may be effective against many missiles but is it tested against tandems? What happens if you hit a tandem with this system? This is what I'm curious about.

If I'm not wrong, trophy system is designed against HEAT (high explosive anti tank) and tested in various conditions and against various weapons including RPG.

This system aims to the head of incoming object. This may be effective against many missiles but is it tested against tandems? What happens if you hit a tandem with this system? This is what I'm curious about.

All tandem does is introduce a two explosive system. So the first charge will make the Reactive armor of a tank go off. Then the primary charge will hit the tanks bare armor. The second charge is usually a HEAT.

Now from reading about the trophy system is basically fires a shotgun like blast at incoming targets. So it maybe able to destroy the UMTAS if hit in the right place. If it can't destroy it though there is no way a Merkava could survive something like a UMTAS hit.

strong defense sector is the gurantee to security. What stops anyone from over running american intrests even as they are on the edge of default is their massive war capability.

plz tell me why so less number of Sabra (tank) were inducted?

According to S&H mgazine 141. issue, It is clearly stated that the stand-off AG guided missile called MSOM Roketsan/Tubitak SAGE developed have a range of 150km.

Umtas AT

umtasss.jpg

According to latest news revealed from S&H magazine;

FNSS is developing a new tracked armoured vehicle bigger than ACV-S for Turkish T-LAIADMIS (Domestic low altitude air defence missile program), T-MAIADMIS(Domestic medium altitude air defence missile program), Aselsan SPAAG (Self propelled anti-aircraft gun) programs as a carriage vehicle of those missile systems. SSM (Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry) will supply development of this program. The Aselsan UKK mounted version of this vehicles will be used as 30-35 tonnes IFV along with Altay MBT in battlefield....

BMC is developing 8x8 truck for T-LORAMIDS long range air defence missile program. The new truck that Prototipes will be ready until 2012, will carry long range air defence missiles and radar systems...

Any information on how many test launches has been conducted with the umtas AT ? Also do we have any design plans on how many missiles can be carried on the vehicle BMC is developing ?

They said on a defence magazine that maybe the seeker imagery of the first umtas launched against a target will be shown at idef.

Back
Top Bottom