What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

We can be proud, despite I criticize much of them they do. BUT nobody is perfect or ?

Changing schedule underlines that Yavuz + Gabya are near the end of their service life in TN.

@Neptune Bro, Correct me If anything wrong.

Right bro. In terms of decommissioning from service, Yavuz and Burak classes have the top priority. 100mm Cadam naval gun, known as the Model 68 with a unique old FCS in Turkish Navy service is yet to be removed from training schedules at naval institutions last time we were told. The question that comes into my mind is that what will happen to them. I don't know about Burak but Yavuz can be scrapped for spares to Barbaros class frigates. But again, the time period between the retirement of Yavuz and Barbaros classes will not be long and critical enough for making spare parts that'd be useless in a maximum of 6-7 years. So it might be transferred to a friendly country or total scrapp after taking important armaments such as RIM-7 which at that time would be like the M-60 tanks of the Army. I don't have much insight on the New Turkish Type Assault Boat project but in my opinion they are to replace the older FACs in service. But IF the number of Ada class corvette order is reduced to four and bearing mind that our French corvettes will be retired in mid-terms, how we will supply the corvette needs of the navy? More Ada orders in future or improved assault boat solutions? Gabya is likely to serve for another decade.

@Neptune Did you Forget that tactics Count. Do we Need last high-tech and toys? Burak can hit in Island warfare all it wants.

“Panagopulos 2” ile “Panagopulos 3” Türk “Yavuz” fırkateyninin ön ve kuyruk kısmı yakınında seyrediyorlardı. Yunan devriyle botlarındaki silahlar ‘Yavuz’u batıramazdı ama büyük zarar verebilirdi.

Komşu ‘Kardak’ botlarını satıyor - Hürriyet Ekonomi

@Neptune Did you Forget that tactics Count. Do we Need last high-tech and toys? Burak can hit in Island warfare all it wants.

“Panagopulos 2” ile “Panagopulos 3” Türk “Yavuz” fırkateyninin ön ve kuyruk kısmı yakınında seyrediyorlardı. Yunan devriyle botlarındaki silahlar ‘Yavuz’u batıramazdı ama büyük zarar verebilirdi.

Komşu ‘Kardak’ botlarını satıyor - Hürriyet Ekonomi

Can you apply your tactics if your ship is sunken? That's a reality. We're talking about a ship that has mm38 variant (old) of Exocet, F2 twenty mm (not a reliable gun for CIWS today) and the ship is weak when compared to other Ships in service in terms of EW, naturally being a near half century old ship. One of DZKK's plans is to enlarge the GENESIS among the smallest surface combatants to ensure network centric capabilities of even FACs as much as the current use on frigates. So there's no future for Burak. Yavuz is old but not old enough to decommission today and Burak is in need for decommission in any possible day if deemed by DZKK. With Burak and Yavuz maybe you can bully navies like Greece, but no way in future. TAF even has a decades old functioning department specifically focused on Greece and Cyprus issues. But this country's navy is competing big and its gonna get bigger and more dangerous in future. Even today, Egypt-Greece-Israel is forming a naval cooperation to put an end to Turkish naval dominance at Eastern Mediterranean. Greece is a love story but that doesn't mean they can't do harm, Egypt is increasing its fund for Navy, Israel's submarines (though they're not viewed as a threat but who knows), Russian Black Sea fleet's increasing shift at Mediterranean. Even Egypt had FREMM, no matter how it is weakened at EW capabilities,..etc. a FREMM is always a FREMM. I think I don't have to talk about the navies of Italy, Spain and France, they can be allies but we have bad experience in this.
In naval warfare what keeps a ship successful in a battle is its maintaining of vital functions, detection and survivality. And importantly the gap that the navy always mainted steady and growing with the hostile navies. This is what DZKK is planning to do. So is USN for decades.

Last edited:
@Neptune Alindi anlasildi. But asymetric warfare is valid also on sea. I am scared of Israel Sub cabapility cause its nuclear, provided by GERMANS. Dont Forget that please. Never.

@Neptune Alindi anlasildi. But asymetric warfare is valid also on sea. I am scared of Israel Sub cabapility cause its nuclear, provided by GERMANS. Dont Forget that please. Never.

I understand but we don't view them as a threat militarily. Many foreign policy experts claim that ties between Israel and Turkey will significantly improve. I don't think both forces can't risk that for a bunch of amendments at RoE. We see no assymetric threats on our coasts if you don't count Hellenic Coast Guard as Somalian Pirates :lol:

Hellenic Coast Guards are Pirates like Somalian ! And I a appreciate EILAT Training

Right bro. In terms of decommissioning from service, Yavuz and Burak classes have the top priority. 100mm Cadam naval gun, known as the Model 68 with a unique old FCS in Turkish Navy service is yet to be removed from training schedules at naval institutions last time we were told. The question that comes into my mind is that what will happen to them. I don't know about Burak but Yavuz can be scrapped for spares to Barbaros class frigates. But again, the time period between the retirement of Yavuz and Barbaros classes will not be long and critical enough for making spare parts that'd be useless in a maximum of 6-7 years. So it might be transferred to a friendly country or total scrapp after taking important armaments such as RIM-7 which at that time would be like the M-60 tanks of the Army. I don't have much insight on the New Turkish Type Assault Boat project but in my opinion they are to replace the older FACs in service. But IF the number of Ada class corvette order is reduced to four and bearing mind that our French corvettes will be retired in mid-terms, how we will supply the corvette needs of the navy? More Ada orders in future or improved assault boat solutions? Gabya is likely to serve for another decade.

Thats probably why i am convinced that the development and production framework of warship will be similair to what Cabatli suggested. The Burak-Class corvettes are ancients and obselete which need immediate replacements, considering the quantity i think its safe to assume that there will be atleast 6-8 Ada-class corvettes build(Contrary to the planned 4), possibly in different configurations. Compensating by building frigates seems unneccesary considering the roles of the Corvettes in the Turkish navy.

Thats probably why i am convinced that the development and production framework of warship will be similair to what Cabatli suggested. The Burak-Class corvettes are ancients and obselete which need immediate replacements, considering the quantity i think its safe to assume that there will be atleast 6-8 Ada-class corvettes build(Contrary to the planned 4), possibly in different configurations. Compensating by building frigates seems unneccesary considering the roles of the Corvettes in the Turkish navy.

Enes sure, but that what we Need and have and can use is important. I want also like you AEGIS types just now and more. Think about asymmetric warfare methods and you will feel safer

Yeah most likely. I estime a number of 8 in total. Corvettes aren't actively used much in AO in the Mediterranean except for UNIFIL. Shift for corvettes will be at the Aegean and Black Sea. However in the south we might see more multipurpose frigates those that displace between 3,000 to 5,000 tonnes. Another question is what will be the Navy's allocation to Qatar in mid/long terms, wouldn't be surprised if we see corvettes there too.

Last edited:
What about buying 1 of them and having 2 LHD in total in a very short time ?... This one is ready... So quick & must be cheap at this condition of france... :D

Fransa Mistral gemilerini satmak için ülke arıyor

1.jpg

France wants to pay 800 Million EURO to Russia back; but Russia wants 1.1 Billion Euros cause interests and penalties !

They can scrap them

Back
Top Bottom