What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

5F1A2365-A813-4562-9E25-B90B8AA65948.jpeg
6A378993-0210-4F51-BED2-A793037408C0.jpeg
4E8631B0-B15D-44D9-9F54-45374CB5568F.jpeg

the current build up in Idlib shows that we need to integrate more modern systems into the land forces in the very near future like arma 8x8 or pars 8x8, tulpar ifv´s etc.

Im also curious about the leo and m60 modernization program.

Screenshot_20200227-202325.jpg

FNSS offers Kaplan sta which weights just 10 ton with 25 mm caliber cannon and saber turret!!! Impressive. Recoil of 25mm caliber would shake it. They had better put 20mm or russians 23mm.

ESDZ1rQWsAEJoZg

When we last hear this modernization denied by tsk just for his weight reduce the tank mobility. On the other hand after the modernization tank can be penetrated by modern tanks and cant penetrate modern tanks due for his old cannon. Without engine replacment this tanks with leo 1's are worthless.

But if there is one way this tanks are can be effective ;

falcon_turret_l6.jpg

falcon_turret_l5.jpg

falcon_turret_l3.jpg

We will make unmanned turret for altay but if that required immidietly we will make a co operation with jordan (they wil make co-op with bae) for about falcon turrets.

That's the most slim 120 mm turret his use l/50 cannon but we will change him mkek 120 l/55.

With that we can save extra turret weight and use him for armored the hull againts leo 2a6 l/55 dm 53 cannon resisted front armor for crew. Also passive and pulat active protection system againts anti tanks. Shot t he tank front with cannon very hard and also he have protection for that and if they take hit from side he can be penatrate but he can change we will not give any crew losses also all modern tanks can be penetrated from tanks from sides.

On the feture we can change his engines with national 750 hp-1000 hp engines and transmission. After that they can penetrate and resisted againts modern mbt's with more mobility.

Having seen that how Turkish IFV chased Syrian jammed tank, i totally against auto loading systems in tanks.

I was told that it is very possible loader jammed. At least most of tank inventory must be consisted of simple reliable tanks.

Aselsan's unmanned ground vehicles studies

Development and testing activities have been continued for the Kaplan Warrior prototype vehicle, which is integrated into a two-axis directional weapon system.

Efforts were made to go around the obstacles that confront the Kaplan platform, to go autonomously to the specified coordinate through the console, and to gain human or vehicle tracking capabilities.

UGV development studies have started for the Middle Class 2nd Level Unmanned Ground Vehicle Project, which can perform discovery, surveillance, target detection and can be remotely commanded by installing different weapon systems.
upload_2020-3-11_1-1-51.png

upload_2020-3-11_1-1-51.png

They’re developing these because it’s cheaper and easier to maneuver around right ? I hope they’re looking into improving the range we can shoot to 70-80 km too.

They’re developing these because it’s cheaper and easier to maneuver around right ? I hope they’re looking into improving the range we can shoot to 70-80 km too.
The cannon is also bigger right? 150mm as opposed to 120 on the Firtina's? Correct me if I'm wrong here please.

The cannon is also bigger right? 150mm as opposed to 120 on the Firtina's? Correct me if I'm wrong here please.
Who said Fırtına had 120mm Caliber?

Neither 120mm nor 150mm caliber is in Turkish Army inventory.
Moreover i havent heard those calibers in any army.
Fırtına howitzers have 155mm Caliber barrels as NATO standart.There are also 105mm artillery guns in Turkish Army.
Russians use 152mm and 122mm as they inherited from redarmy.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom