What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

2019 achievements

ENBSB8LW4AE3PnX

ENBSB8CXYAU-UT6

1-Vuran, new type of armored land vehicle entered inventory.
2-Within the scope of FIRAT M60T, 169 tanks were modernized to the highest standards.
3-Special Purpose Tactical Wheeled Vehicle Project Contract Signed
4-The first vehicles were delivered within the scope of weapon carrier vehicle platforms.
5-Test periods started for first prototypes in light class of unmanned armored vehicles
6-The acceptance tests of the HISAR-A air defense system have been completed and ready for mass production.
7-Korkut SPAAG system entered the inventory.

What a waste of money... for modernizing this outdated crap.

While our Defence Industry presented a big variety of IFVs.

True, we have so many options. But I guess we have thousands of these laying around so we may as well upgrade them. We made most of them in the 90s so they still have some life in them. But yeah hope we get Tulpars or Kaplan 20s... maybe one day.

What a waste of money... for modernizing this outdated crap.

While our Defence Industry presented a big variety of IFVs.

Reminds me of the Philipines putting unmanned Turrets on their M-113 to fight against ISIS, lmao such a joke. 900 million TL to modernize a system that is decades behind any new IFV.

They are literally wasting money for modernized 25mm pea shooters that couldn't crack a wall in Syria.

sometimes I ask myself if TSK loves to troll the whole country with decisions like these.

Telling that the number of vehicles isn't even disclosed, 900 million for how many? 50? 100? 250?.

Like I said many TSK senior officers are still stuck in the 80s and 90s.
These vehicles lack any modern function, modernized as much as you want, they will still suck in comparison of newer IFVs, this is a complete waste of this countries money. No different than the Brits trying to modernize the Warrior IFV. Same thinking, "we have hundreds of these lets modernize them instead".

Look up how the Brits are doing after sinking 400 Million into the modernization of their Warriors. Not a single one has been modernized to satisfaction btw. But 400 Million pounds have been drained to the gutter. Same will happen here.

PS: The Brits were at least smart enough to up gun to 40mm. Our Army has a fetish for 25mm pea shooters.

Last edited:
they should pick otokar tulpar, is the most modern one rather then modernizing the acv

1. Not enough resources. Currently, 3 different land vehicles purchase project is running. In addition, ALTAY project will start from end of 2021 or 2022.
2. Most probably these vehicle will be gradually distributed to allied state or the elements, in future.

they should pick otokar tulpar, is the most modern one rather then modernizing the acv
642044731.webp

I think best turkish ifv solution is korhan. İf we add him coaxial anti tank launcher he will be great.

These are vehicle who are in the frontlines, they need heavy armor, APS and superior firepower for different situations. That's what we owe the Soldiers best protection possible!
Example the IFV is in battle enemy T72 appears, what now? You want to fight it with 25mm?
In the Iraq War US M2 Bradleys with TOW pods destroyed more hostile Tanks than M1A1's and they also neutralized more Infantry.

Modernization, Modernization... look at our Tank fleet, pathetic.

642044731.webp

I think best turkish ifv solution is korhan. İf we add him coaxial anti tank launcher he will be great.
This chassis design was used as a technology and subsystem demonstrator of Aselsan in fairs. There is no "ready to mass production" vehicle, its a development project. So you can use another carrier, as in Korkut. Since this is an Aselsan project, it should be considered as a set of systems, not as a chassis.

Back
Top Bottom