What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

A Turkish turret on a French vehicle?

Also, who produces the gun itself? has the metallurgy of Turkey advanced far enough to cover this aspect as well?
French vehicle??? İt is made in KazakhStan.
Signing ceremony between FNSS and Tümosan for 100 Engines for Pars Scout.

interesting detail though:
View attachment 595423

New Turret. Finally some 30mm?

Ohh dear it's great news when the Army decided they need 6x6 with big gun . Great.

One of the most powerful 30mm turret Nefer-30 is selected. It will be great !

View attachment 595442

Engine is from Tümosan!

View attachment 595444
Finally Turkish army is to use 30x173mm caliber. We are cute.

IMG_20191225_183430.jpg

I was dreaming a vehicle as same as in the picture.:super: 6x6 Vehicle with big auto cannon but it has also panoramic windshield

Can it fire 30mm/35mm guns?

I think it is answered here: http://www.milscint.com/en/nurol-makina-prepares-nms-4x4-for-serial-production-and-first-delivery/

"NMS 4X4 also allows the integration of different weapons systems as needed and it makes a difference during reconnaissance and surveillance missions and urban combat operations thanks to a low silhouette, a short turn radius and a high speed. The centre of gravity of the vehicle is low and it ensures a superior road handling. Its top speed of 140 km/h is at the upper segment of its class."

Hungary decided to buy the Turkish armoured vehicle Ejder Yalcin. Hungary will be the sixth country purchasing the Ejder Yalcin 4x4. Turkish armoured vehicles will thus for the first time enter into use in a European Union member country and a NATO member country other than Turkey.

https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/turkiye/turk-zirhlisi-avrupanin-kapisini-acti/1569774

Ejder Yalcin can perform the same role as BMC's Kirpi and Vuran. Is that correct? I'm trying to understand the role that each one is playing and their main differences. Thanks.

Ejder Yalcin can perform the same role as BMC's Kirpi and Vuran. Is that correct? I'm trying to understand the role that each one is playing and their main differences. Thanks.
From my understanding, they offer more or less the same. They are just the products of two Turkish competitors for the same market.

No, Sarp is made for machine guns. If you want a lightweight Turret that can fire 30/35mm Nefer-L is the one.

View attachment 595538

On Vehicle:

View attachment 595539
Wait . Are you saying this vehicle fires 30/35mm ? No way.Firing
35x228mm caliber from a APC ? İt is impossible !!! İt might fire 30mm but not as same as Scout's or heavy IFVs 30x173mm caliber. If this light vehicle fires 30mm, it might be 30x113mm Cal whicho belongs Apache helis.
30mm comparison.jpg

934173.jpg

Last edited:
Guys ASELSAN shows, 10 ton 4x4 wheeled vehicle can fire 30x173 and 25mm calibers which belong the heavier IFV. İ really doubt about accuracy.
Screenshot_20191225-221025.jpg
Screenshot_20191225-220949.jpg

Wait . Are you saying this vehicle fires 30/35mm ? No way.Firing
35x228mm caliber from a APC ? İt is impossible !!! İt might fire 30mm but not as same as Scout's or heavy IFVs 30x173mm caliber. If this light vehicle fires 30mm, it might be 30x113mm Cal whicho belongs
Nefer fires 30x173 mk44 ammo. That is the specs fir info :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191226-012127_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191226-012127_Drive.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 48
Nefer fires 30x173 mk44 ammo. That is the specs fir info :
I know . Here i am speaking about Nefer-Light platform. There is nothing wrong with the turret. For me strange thing is they put turret on to 4wheeled 10ton APC which is very light and unstable for powerful cartridge. Once İ saw BTR 80 test platform which fired Russian 30mm. Even the BTR couldn't stay stable. There would be some accuracy problems if you put 30x173 or 25mm KDA onto 10 ton wheeled vehicles.
For those calibers you need at least 20 ton 6x6 wheeled or 15 ton trucked IFVs.

I know . Here i am speaking about Nefer-Light platform. There is nothing wrong with the turret. For me strange thing is they put turret on to 4wheeled 10ton APC which is very light and unstable for powerful cartridge. Once İ saw BTR 80 test platform which fired Russian 30mm. Even the BTR couldn't stay stable. There would be some accuracy problems if you put 30x173 or 25mm KDA onto 10 ton wheeled vehicles.
For those calibers you need at least 20 ton 6x6 wheeled or 15 ton trucked IFVs.
I agree with you partially. You can reduce this problem with turret to a degree for "single" shots.

Back
Top Bottom