What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

And as expected this prototype ended up with slower muzzle velocity than a regular rifle.

This thing fires 140 gram projectile at 900 m/s speed.

M16 rifle fires 190 gram 5.56 bullet at 960 m/s.

Yusuf Akbaba is a manipulator in my opinion. Somehow he has access of getting info/pics about projects but he has no engineering knowledge at all. I think he is just some kind of freelancer twitter journalist.

I don't say what is being done is useless these are first steps of railgun. But Yusuf Akbaba was talking like it will enter service in soon. And when some people argued him like such thin cable is not suitable for a railgun he claimed he mocked about them.
To be honest, that cable wasn't even powering rail gun but nobody realized that. That cable was belong to some supportive system. But hey who cares as long dirt its stucked to product?

And as expected this prototype ended up with slower muzzle velocity than a regular rifle.

Yusuf Akbaba is a manipulator in my opinion. Somehow he has access of getting info/pics about projects but he has no engineering knowledge at all. I think he is just some kind of freelancer twitter journalist.

I don't say what is being done is useless these are first steps of railgun. But Yusuf Akbaba was talking like it will enter service in soon. And when some people argued him like such thin cable is not suitable for a railgun he claimed he mocked about them.

He blocked me on twitter :-)

The bolded... Will you please tell what your references in comparison to make the expectation are?

size of energy source, cable wide( sign of charging time and current), lenght/size of the gun.

It says 100kJ for the railgun. Kinetic energy for a 140 gram projectile at 900 m/s is 56kJ. Weird...

But it's nothing comparable with a m16 fire. A m16 fires a 4 gram 5.56mm bullet with a muzzle energy of around 2kJ.

Back
Top Bottom