What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

Bozankaya AŞ has sold 22 4-car Metro trains to Thailand which will be used in Bangkok City Green Line subway project.

thumbs_b_c_43103cf97b22213c1c44c9a20f7bfa3e.jpg

2018%2FHaber%2F6-HAZIRAN%2Fmetrooo-2-.jpg

2018%2FHaber%2F6-HAZIRAN%2Fmetrooo-1-.jpg

https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/turkiye/turkiyenin-ilk-metro-ihracati-icin-toren/1178768

I think Bozankaya is a Turkish company but they worked with Siemens on that project, so you can guess which parts are Turkish and which are not. But its another small step at least.

Turkey opens tender for 1,200 MW offshore wind plant project
ANKARA
596753642269a237ac4dbee3.jpg

Turkey has opened a tender for a 1,200-megawatt (MW) offshore wind plant project.

The Turkish Energy and Natural Resources Ministry will accept applications for the plant, which “will be the biggest in the world and the first of its kind in the country” according to Turkish officials, until Oct. 23.

According to an announcement in the Official Gazette on June 21, the Renewable Energy General Directorate of the Ministry will start assessing applications the same day and will inform applicants about the date and place of tender. The applicants will be able to form a consortium to attend.

The ceiling price for one megawatt-hour has been set as $8 and applicants will compete for the lowest bid in a reverse auction.

The investor who submits the lowest bid will sign an energy purchase agreement, including the first 50 terawatts-hour of electricity production starting from the first commissioning of the plant.

Energy Minister Berat Albayrak said on June 20 that the tender specifications required 60 percent local equipment production and employment of Turkish engineers at a rate of 80 percent, as reported by Anadolu Agency.

Saros and Gallipoli located in the Marmara region and Kıyıköy in Thrace were named the candidate regions for the power plant in March.

Turkey held a 1,000-megawatt solar Renewable Energy Resource Zones (YEKA) tender in 2017.

A Siemens-led consortium, which includes Türkerler and Kalyon Enerji, won the $1 billion wind energy tender, offering the lowest price to the state with $3.48 cents per kilowatt hour.

The country plans to increase its wind and solar capacity by 10,000 megawatts each in the upcoming decade.

wind power, tender, offshore

What is it too "high tech" to make that prevents us making the wind plant 100% Turkish?

What is it too "high tech" to make that prevents us making the wind plant 100% Turkish?

There is no generator producer for such large Wind planets, I think there are two companies working to develop one but until then it is hard to call it indigenous wind plants And Asking more than 60% local content ratio in these tenders.

I believe Turkey has tens of manufacterers who can develope ANY type of induction motors within 6 months.

There must be some corruption by the government as usual..

I believe Turkey has tens of manufacterers who can develope ANY type of induction motors within 6 months.

There must be some corruption by the government as usual..

It needs to be cheaper than competition with better specifications.

Instead of a Conspiracy theory, Maybe it isn't easy to beat GE in a tech they are lead producer for a century.

There is no electric motor made by GE or Siemens that cant be made in Turkey.

Turkey is good at electric machines. But not as much at ic engines.

Gelecegin onemli teknolojilerinden sayilan, yonlendirilmis enerji silahlarinda, fiziksel imha konusunda onemli bir sinif olan lazer silah sistemleri icin calisma ve testler hizla devam ediyor. Yine onemli bir baska sinif olan islevsel imha icin de calismalarimiz var.

Translated from Turkish by Microsoft
The working and testing of laser weapon systems, which is an important class in physical destruction, is continuing rapidly in the energy weapons, which are listed in the important technologies of the future. We also have work for the functional destruction of another important class.

DgTwPXZVAAAyd8w.jpg

Gelecegin onemli teknolojilerinden sayilan, yonlendirilmis enerji silahlarinda, fiziksel imha konusunda onemli bir sinif olan lazer silah sistemleri icin calisma ve testler hizla devam ediyor. Yine onemli bir baska sinif olan islevsel imha icin de calismalarimiz var.

Translated from Turkish by Microsoft
The working and testing of laser weapon systems, which is an important class in physical destruction, is continuing rapidly in the energy weapons, which are listed in the important technologies of the future. We also have work for the functional destruction of another important class.

DgTwPXZVAAAyd8w.jpg
Lazer diyotunu da yapıyorsa Ermaksan, sadece önlerinde saygı ile eğilmekle kalmıyor, secde ediyorum... Tebrikler.

This tender is not necessarily about being able to produce these 100% in Turkey by Turkish companies, this is part of it but not the whole part. They are trying to attract investments to the country, as in they want other companies to invest and open factories in Turkey that hadn't already invested in TR.

For instance, for this tender, I wouldn't want Siemens to win this tender because they are already in Turkey with wind energy (due to the previous tender). So I would want Vestas or some other company that don't have any production facilities in Turkey to win it. That being said, Siemens and Turkish companies do have an advantage if they take part in this tender, because they probably already comply to the 60% and 80% specifications of the tender.

There are 2 companies in Turkey working on wind energy (like Milres and the company working with Aselsan cant remember the name), but the wind mill capacity (MW) these companies are/were working on, wasn't big enough to qualify in the previous tender.

And Adivar, you need to think before calling shenanigans. Just because something isn't the way you wish it to be, doesn't mean there is corruption or whatever involved.

This tender is not necessarily about being able to produce these 100% in Turkey by Turkish companies, this is part of it but not the whole part. They are trying to attract investments to the country, as in they want other companies to invest and open factories in Turkey that hadn't already invested in TR.

For instance, for this tender, I wouldn't want Siemens to win this tender because they are already in Turkey with wind energy (due to the previous tender). So I would want Vestas or some other company that don't have any production facilities in Turkey to win it. That being said, Siemens and Turkish companies do have an advantage if they take part in this tender, because they probably already comply to the 60% and 80% specifications of the tender.

There are 2 companies in Turkey working on wind energy (like Milres and the company working with Aselsan cant remember the name), but the wind mill capacity (MW) these companies are/were working on, wasn't big enough to qualify in the previous tender.

And Adivar, you need to think before calling shenanigans. Just because something isn't the way you wish it to be, doesn't mean there is corruption or whatever involved.
I have no problem with foreign companies doing business in the private sector of Turkey as long as they contribute to our economy by creating new jobs and surplus value such as Renault, Ford, Fiat etc..

But the government has to give priority to national/local companies (if any) in the giant projects not only to support/help our own firms to enhance their trade volume also, thus, our money taken from poor stays in Mehmet's pocket instead of Bismarc.

I see giving a project to foreigners as a betrayal to our home when we have nationals that can make it . and naturally think there is some dirty games behind curtain.

I am not very familiar with wind energy companies in Turkey. But i am very confident of Turkish electrical industry. And wind plants seem to me not difficult to make for them.

Back
Top Bottom