What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

Once again Turkey Leading the way in thinking and applying the ideas into working model

The only thing I don't like is the fact that its just a modified Linux Kernel, and I personally have a grudge against Linux, and linus torwald, and all those other people in the linux project who thinks they are better than the average computer user.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that its just a modified Linux Kernel, and I personally have a grudge against Linux, and linus torwald, and all those other people in the linux project who thinks they are better than the average computer user.

is there any other way than building onto linux? I think pardus is quite useful, handy and effective against their rivals in linux kernels ,even has some lacks on interface.
Also linux is way too much better than windows,even its not open to discussion . Its better in many ways ,even recent UIs is very easy like mobile phones

is there any other way than building onto linux? I think pardus is quite useful, handy and effective against their rivals in linux kernels ,even has some lacks on interface.
Also linux is way too much better than windows,even its not open to discussion . Its better in many ways ,even recent UIs is very easy like mobile phones

Personally I think that Turkey, should have its own processor architecture with its own instruction set, Build a few sets of different languages for different tasks for its own architecture, and build its own Operating system, preferable as a Micro kernel type for flexibility.

From my point of view, Linux is just the lesser evil of all the operating systems

Personally I think that Turkey, should have its own processor architecture with its own instruction set,
This is a very hard field where even bigger powers like Russia and China are struggling, we shouldnt have unrealistic expectations.

This is a very hard field where even bigger powers like Russia and China are struggling, we shouldnt have unrealistic expectations.

Bro, It is kinda related to my professional field. I can tell you that we have enough talents and knowledge to do so, but it needs very huge investment of money, but it is very possible.

i agree on this, even we dont have a commercialized,or volume production of processors yet ,with good capabilities to design it. ,it will be odd to talk develop a OS kernel and instructions for processor.

Personally I think that Turkey, should have its own processor architecture with its own instruction set, Build a few sets of different languages for different tasks for its own architecture, and build its own Operating system, preferable as a Micro kernel type for flexibility.

From my point of view, Linux is just the lesser evil of all the operating systems
Maybe could be done for military purpose chipsets which is usually smaller and having less complex architecture at least . Because even biggest super computers in world still use modified linux kernels instead of developing a special OS kernel for them.
I think for commercializing, for public,research,and engineering purposes linux kernel based OS is adequate. No need to spend lots of money for CPU architecture and OS kernel ,when its done you will need to sell it, and compete with others again.

One more point to say , open source programs also will help us to save lots of money . There are even open source CFD/FEM applications which might be developed even by researchers' themselves. And if we thing licence for those kind of well known applications are too expensive,the saved amount of money is just wow. Same of office applications and others.

Bro, It is kinda related to my professional field. I can tell you that we have enough talents and knowledge to do so, but it needs very huge investment of money, but it is very possible.

There is nothing impossible with lots of investment i think :D, am i wrong ?

Last edited:
There is nothing impossible with lots of investment i think :D, am i wrong ?
Yes, it is wrong. Having talented human resources does not immediately come with money. Money is only part of the required stuff, not all of it.

This is the significant part, we arent capable of investing even a fraction of what US or China are doing.
It depends on what parts we are going to build ingenuously. then you can have a correct estimate. It is not as much as what you think.

It depends on what parts we are going to build ingenuously. then you can have a correct estimate. It is not as much as what you think.
Well somthing like this must be profitable and to make it profitable you need to offer the same or better than whats aviable in Market in which we cant compete with Intel for exsample.

Well somthing like this must be profitable and to make it profitable you need to offer the same or better than whats aviable in Market in which we cant compete with Intel for exsample.

Intel uses a x86 architecture and is going to start building ARM architecture chips too. The moment we build a national architecture (And there is loads of improvement). we need to build everything Around that architecture. When we have a national architecture, Neither Windows or Linux will work on it, because they aren't setup for this architecture because they don't know what to call. With this we can build national languages, build national OS, etcetera

And if we are serious with space programs ect, We really start working on. China for example is sabotaging Server chips which are produced there to bypass encrypting. And we all know how important this is from government to business level.

In my book, Russians are too much occupied with vodka, and the chinese most of the time steal and copy prototypes

Intel uses a x86 architecture and is going to start building ARM architecture chips too. The moment we build a national architecture (And there is loads of improvement). we need to build everything Around that architecture. When we have a national architecture, Neither Windows or Linux will work on it, because they aren't setup for this architecture because they don't know what to call. With this we can build national languages, build national OS, etcetera
And if we are serious with space programs ect, We really start working on. China for example is sabotaging Server chips which are produced there to bypass encrypting. And we all know how important this is from government to business level.
Well this will be a ''dipsiz kuyu'' which will explode our defence budget, the cost effectiveness is too less for a country in Turkeys size, to make it profitable we need to sell it which we cant when it cant be used in most common OS.

I would say maybe in next 30-40 years once new technologies come out to produce these things cheaper and (if) our economy hit the 5 trillion mark but i dont see something like this happening in todays Turkey.

Well this will be a ''dipsiz kuyu'' which will explode our defence budget, the cost effectiveness is too less for a country in Turkeys size, to make it profitable we need to sell it which we cant when it cant be used in most common OS.

I would say maybe in next 30-40 years once new technologies come out to produce these things cheaper and (if) our economy hit the 5 trillion mark but i dont see something like this happening in todays Turkey.

This isin't something the government should, like Microsoft and apple we need entrepreneurs, after I finish my university I hope to be part of such project, And you can sell it, but you need a developer base to supply you with software we need for the public and I am quite sure we have enough of those

This isin't something the government should, like Microsoft and apple we need entrepreneurs, after I finish my university I hope to be part of such project, And you can sell it, but you need a developer base to supply you with software we need for the public and I am quite sure we have enough of those
I would wish something like this more than anything but there is also the issue that no software will work on them we have to develop everything from scratch, as i said i would like to see it but i dont wanna have unrealistic expectations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom