What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

TAI General Manager Temel Kotil: US engine supply for Atak helicopters to be sold to Pakistan is in final signature. We think we will get the engines. We received additional time from Pakistan.

Is this covid-19 diplomacy and soft talking the us to allow us to provide atak to Pakistan so they can bettet deal with cross border terrorists ?

Kazakhstan orders more Aselsan SARP RCWSs
Gabriel Dominguez, London and Samuel Cranny-Evans, London - Jane's Defence Weekly
20 April 2020
Follow

Turkish defence company Aselsan announced on 20 April that it has been awarded a contract to provide its Stabilised Advanced Remote Weapon Platform (SARP)-Dual remote-controlled weapon station (RCWS) to Kazakhstan.

p1771817.jpg

Aselsan announced on 20 April that it had won a contract to provide an undisclosed number of SARP-Dual RCWSs to Kazakhstan. (Aselsan)

No details were provided about the delivery schedule, the size of the order, the value of the contract or the platforms the RWCSs are set to be installed upon.

In November 2016 Kazakhstan had awarded the company a USD3.57 million contract for an undisclosed number of SARP RWCSs, deliveries of which began the following year. However, these are believed to have been single weapon systems.

https://www.janes.com/article/95628/kazakhstan-orders-more-aselsan-sarp-rcwss

Design phase of Single core national processor called Çakıl is about to end in these days and It will be sent for production at first quarter of 2020. Test studies will be carried out for them. Multi-core processor will follow.

If my memory serves right, Çakıl was supposed to be based on RISC-V ISA, I guess it would be quite logical for them to go for the embedded subset of the architecture since main applications for such a microprocessor would be embedded systems. I think it is fair to say for companies who are just entering to the industry RISC-V is one of the best (I guess ARM would have made sense as well) choices there are.

Do we know who'll produce this single core processor ?
This is the first question came to my mind as well. Aselsan is quite a fabless production company, so I don't think they would have neither the equipment nor the talent for producing such devices. I guess Siemens Turkey would be willing to do the job. I should also add that for a large-scale production Turkey would need huge amounts of investment in that area; these things are like automobiles, they need an extensive network of subcontractors.

Maybe an AB-Micronano-esque company would do the trick but still. It is not just about electronics, or computer science, or chemistry, or physics; it is a combination of all of these. There needs to be an ecosystem of companies to support such an endeavour.

Even though it's the first step how big of a production would be needed if dual core is attainable within a year or two ? I'm thinking that the time needed to develop the next step isn't as far as we'd think mainly because that milestone has already been reached by Intel back when AMD and Intel were waging war on each other.

But we'd still need to invest in mass production capability. Would a single core cover the needs of our defense industry/products ?

I'm thinking that the time needed to develop the next step isn't as far as we'd think mainly because that milestone has already been reached by Intel back when AMD and Intel were waging war on each other.
I wouldn't think this project like that. See, both of these companies are first and foremost ISA designers. An ISA can be described as a set of specifications while designing a new microprocessor. This is not the case here because if I understood correctly they are going for an existing ISA (which is the most logical path to take) and implementing a new chip design based on that. So according to what I did comprehend, it is not an Intel-esque or AMD-like or ARM-resembling project, it is more in lines of Apple's A-series or HiSilicon's Kirin SoCs.

Would a single core cover the needs of our defense industry/products ?
Depends on the application really. I don't know much about Computer Architecture but a quick Google Search yields that there are several boutique ICU producers targeting only defense industry in the US, so I guess there is some kind of niche going on for these kinds of "mission critical" systems, which is good because this sets up a framework for us to build upon.

Design phase of Single core national processor called Çakıl is about to end in these days and It will be sent for production at first quarter of 2020. Test studies will be carried out for them. Multi-core processor will follow.

Tubitak finished a concept design for national Quantum radars.
This quantum Radar thing is very interesting.

If you don't know about entanglement (dolanıklık) is a process that two particles can be linked together regardless of distance. When something happens to one particle it can be noticed in the other particle at the same time. Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance" it is still a mystery in science but it is real.

Basically if you can entagle 2 photons and send one of the to target, the moment it hits the target you will notice it at the other one. So, whole stealth concept becomes obsolete as unlike radars particle doesn't needs to return to transmitter. Transmitter can't be detected and can't be targetted with Harm missiles. Since RCS will have no meaning you could potentially understand if your target is a F-16 or a F-35... Would be a real game changer.

Even though it's the first step how big of a production would be needed if dual core is attainable within a year or two ? I'm thinking that the time needed to develop the next step isn't as far as we'd think mainly because that milestone has already been reached by Intel back when AMD and Intel were waging war on each other.

But we'd still need to invest in mass production capability. Would a single core cover the needs of our defense industry/products ?
We recently invested into idle Silicon chip facility in Malaysia. That facility would be natural choice.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/2015/02/14/turkey-and-malaysia-cooperate-on-chip-production
https://www.savunmasanayiidergilik.com/tr/HaberDergilik/Yerli-ve-milli-cip-bu-yil-geliyor

Turkey signed a technique protocol for assault rifles grant to Albania

arnavutluk-30-piyade-t%C3%BCfe%C4%9Fi-hibe-710x375.png

Turkey signed a technique protocol for 30 Assault Rifles grant to Albania.

A technique protocol has been signed towards grant of 30 Light Infantry Rifles between the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Defence and Republic of Albania Ministry of Defence.

At Albanian Chief of Staff at Headquarters, a technic protocol towards grant of 30 units of MPT-55 and MPT-77 type light assault rifles which have NATO standards has been signed between the Military Attaché of the Republic of Turkey in Tirana Col. Shakir Cumhur Somer and Albanian Chief of Staff Operations and Training Leonard Çoku. Weapons will be used by the Albanian Land Forces Command. These weapons are grant that Turkey continuously provides Albanian Armed Forces besides Natural Disaster Supplies aids.

Albania to Turkey previously had donated medical equipment and armored vehicles.
https://en.defenceturk.net/turkey-signed-a-technique-protocol-for-assault-rifles-grant-to-albania/

Back
Top Bottom