What's new

Turkish constitutional referendum 2017 - News, Update & Discussion

This is not about EU. Im talking about nations. Germany, Italy, Austria ect.

Europeans are fed up with turkey. You can actually win elections in europe now, when you openly act against turkey. As could be seen in netherlands. Turkey depends 100% on trade with europeans. Anything that would damage turkey would be applauded by european voters. Europens are fed up with turkeys behavior. So you see its a double sided road. I dont think any constructive cooperation will be possible as long erdogan is president.
Turkey and Europe never had any sort cooperation to begin with.

Interests change but hunger for money and power are a constant. Probably Markus or others like him on both sides believe that Turkey and EU are going to a war or something, that our relations will be cut overnight and etc but it won't happen. Yeah I know things change but the world is changing too with new opportunities opening. Anyway, politicians say and do stupid things before elections- especially populist ones- those who you @ValerioAurelius and your like-minded friends from around the world vote for. Things get really heathed up in forums, Reddit and in the YouTube comment sections but yet in the end of the day things cool down because business interests are more important... especially those who are benefiting both sides. Just look at Turkey and Israel or China and USA. Just some small examples. :D

And Markus, why do you always blame Turks and Turkey for everything? Do you think I can't talk the same things as you but in the other direction, because believe me that I can find a hundred reasons for it? A lot of those who vote for Erdogan think the same way as you, only the point of view is different. The media crap people are being fed with daily is the same all around the world, only from different producers. Stereotypes, ignorance and fear who create a spiral of hate which can control millions, win you the elections, sell your newspaper, earn you more money and power. Terror. Controlled chaos.

Interests change but hunger for money and power are a constant. Probably Markus or others like him on both sides believe that Turkey and EU are going to a war or something, that our relations will be cut overnight and etc but it won't happen. Yeah I know things change but the world is changing too with new opportunities opening. Anyway, politicians say and do stupid things before elections- especially populist ones- those who you @ValerioAurelius and your like-minded friends from around the world vote for. Things get really heathed up in forums, Reddit and in the YouTube comment sections but yet in the end of the day things cool down because business interests are more important... especially those who are benefiting both sides. Just look at Turkey and Israel or China and USA. Just some small examples. :D

And Markus, why do you always blame Turks and Turkey for everything? Do you think I can't talk the same things as you but in the other direction, because believe me that I can find a hundred reasons for it? A lot of those who vote for Erdogan think the same way as you, only the point of view is different. The media crap people are being fed with daily is the same all around the world, only from different producers. Stereotypes, ignorance and fear who create a spiral of hate which can control millions, win you the elections, sell your newspaper, earn you more money and power. Terror. Controlled chaos.

Markus is talking nonsense. He's reading too much into it because his main information source is German media. According to German journalists, if Erdogan wins the election our relationship with the EU will suffer badly. In fact, the opposite is true. If he wins he'll offer a much more conciliatory tone towards Europe. The campaigning will be over and he'll definitely start deep economic reforms. In this context, the foreign policy will return to an interest-based state.

Now, the campaigning in Turkey has officially ended.

b2663da7102f4483aa9dbce893c0ecf5.png

Regardless of the outcome and your political preferences, don't forget Atatürk's words today.

Mustafa-Kemal-Atat%C3%BCrk-Benim-na%C3%A7iz-v%C3%BCcudum-elbet-bir-g%C3%BCn-toprak-olacakt%C4%B1r....jpg

Markus is talking nonsense. He's reading too much into it because his main information source is German media. According to German journalists, if Erdogan wins the election our relationship with the EU will suffer badly. In fact, the opposite is true. If he wins he'll offer a much more conciliatory tone towards Europe. The campaigning will be over and he'll definitely start deep economic reforms. In this context, the foreign policy will return to an interest-based state.

I read only italian media. What now? Your words ignore one thing. People here are hot heads too. Erdo insulted Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands ect. He is hated by the people. You actualy win elections here with bashing turkey. Now yourcampaign is over but ours starts for our elections. Politicians will use it. The biggest victims btw are the turks in europe, which got blackmailed and suffer the consequences now.

You make the same mistake the greeks made. Tsipras too ibsulted half of europe to win his referendum. Calling Germany nazi, italy traitors, france cowards. He did so to win his referendum.

He did win it. The same evening he made a public speech where he said he wants cooperation with germany and us others. The time for hard words is over. But what happened? Greece got crushed. The referendum ignored. Not one concession was made. Instead even harder demands were forced on greece, to satisfy the peoples demand for revenge. Erdo is burned. No matter what, people here want see consequences. Remember, Rutte won in Netherlands because he kicked turkish Ministers out and hunted turks with dogs on the streets.

Erdo threatened europe with terror. Opposition parties here use this for example to hunt the government. They repeat it in TV again and again to steer up feelings. Mogherini said it quite right. Any meetings with Erdo is toxic for elections here.

Did you already vote?

Polls are closing in Eastern Turkey.

ddc637b197174a3a973d5bce7f00d89d.png

Since Trump & Brexit I'm very sceptical regarding opinion polls.

At what time should voting end? Are voting sections closing at different times in Eastern and Western Turkey?

At what time should voting end? Are voting sections closing at different times in Eastern and Western Turkey?
Yes, easter provinces closed already, western ones close 1h later meaning in 5 min.

So the vote is already finished... With how many percents is Erdo winning after all? :D

Not all Kurds said no. Erdogan's conservative Kurdish friends voted yes.

Back
Top Bottom