What's new

Turkish Armed Forces Multimedia Center

With Mpt-55
EHLysofWwAEaAXX.jpg

Question for the Turks here,did your army switch from MPT 76 to MPT 55 lately?Because during the latest operation I don't remember seeing a single MPT 76 while on almost every picture soldiers carry MPT 55.

Question for the Turks here,did your army switch from MPT 76 to MPT 55 lately?Because during the latest operation I don't remember seeing a single MPT 76 while on almost every picture soldiers carry MPT 55.

Soldier’s own preference, not the general’s direction. They also use 7.62mm but with KNT-76

In urban area with shorter ddistance, I would prefer 5mm.

Last edited:
Soldier’s own preference, not the general’s direction. They also use 7.62mm but with KNT-76

Absolutely not soldier’s own preference. Army Commando received MPT-55, Jandarma Commando/JÖH received KCR-556, and PÖH got MPT-55/SAR-223. I honestly don't know if there are any mixed rifle use among these units but depending on the necessity some units may have received different types of 5,56 rifles to quickly fulfill their requirements. On the other hand, I personally confirmed during my meeting with Aselsan Sivas representatives that all the commando battalions will receive Aselsan A940/A960 series optics regardless. Also, Army mechanized infantry switched to MPT-76.

Absolutely not soldier’s own preference. Army Commando received MPT-55, Jandarma Commando/JÖH received KCR-556, and PÖH got MPT-55/SAR-223. I honestly don't know if there are any mixed rifle use among these units but depending on the necessity some units may have received different types of 5,56 rifles to quickly fulfill their requirements. On the other hand, I personally confirmed during my meeting with Aselsan Sivas representatives that all the commando battalions will receive Aselsan A940/A960 series optics regardless. Also, Army mechanized infantry switched to MPT-76.

Isnt the MPT76 a battle rifle??

I meant the caliber of choice, not the weapon.

Was that a witty remark or serious question ? And does it really bother you since your so-called allies the SDF have been drafting kids forcefully.

Back
Top Bottom