What's new

Turkish Airforce requested the purchase of 117 AIM-9X Block II

BordoEnes

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkey AIM-9X-2 SIDEWINDER Missiles
WASHINGTON, December 24, 2012 The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress Dec. 21
of a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Turkey for SIDEWINDER missiles and associated
equipment, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $140 million.
The Government of Turkey has requested a possible sale of 117 AIM-9X-2 SIDEWINDER Block II All-Up-
Round Missiles, 6 AIM-9X-2 Block II Tactical Guidance Units, 6 Dummy Air Training Missiles, 130 LAU-
129 Launchers, containers, missile support and test equipment, provisioning, spare and repair parts,
personnel training and training equipment, publications and technical data, U.S. Government and contractor
technical assistance and other related logistics support. The estimated cost is $140 million

http://www.dsca.osd.mil/PressReleases/36-b/2012/Turkey_12-12.pdf

One of the best there is!
ORD_AIM-9X_lg.jpg

I hope TAF get them very soon....
coz TAF really need them..

Bro Sidewinder is an air-air missile, I don't think PKK has any aircraft :)

Hehehe no bro i think he ment it sarcasticly. These will be used to completment the existing A-A Missiles in TuAF Inventory, Its will not be bough for a specific purpose. Turkey really needed these missile because we have a very limited A-A Missile inventory so lets hope the Turkish WVR & BVR Missile will be good... So we dont need to spend money on foreign products.

I hope TAF get them very soon.... coz TAF really need them..
It's TURAF, and it's more about staying up-to-date than filling a requirement. Thank you
For Syria ?
Syrian airforce has about 30 mig29s and they are no-match for our F16s with JHMCS. So it doesn't make any difference if we buy AIM9X-IIs or not.. rest of the Syrian airforce is nothing but target drones
Turkey really needed these missile because we have a very limited A-A Missile inventory.
It was okay untill this point. We already have AIM9X Block Is and AIM 120C AMRAAMs. Block II just adds fire-and-update capability. It's hardly a game changer. So let's not make a big deal out of this. See it as a preperation for F35

Our AA missile inventory is nowhere near "limited"

It's TURAF, and it's more about staying up-to-date than filling a requirement. Thank you

Syrian airforce has about 30 mig29s and they are no-match for our F16s with JHMCS. So it doesn't make any difference if we buy AIM9X-IIs or not.. rest of the Syrian airforce is nothing but target drones

It was okay untill this point. We already have AIM9X Block Is and AIM 120C AMRAAMs. Block II just adds fire-and-update capability. It's hardly a game changer. So let's not make a big deal out of this. See it as a preperation for F35

Our AA missile inventory is nowhere near "limited"

ohhh its still royal air force...
i thought its Turkey Air Force(TuAF) ..
is it Turkey Rotal Air Force(TuRAF)??
well dont under estimate any one(Syrians) it also depends on training....well bt am sure Turks are also ahead in training... .
well u guys r just adding a new great toy in ur inventory.....
soo chill :coffe:

well dont under estimate any one(Syrians) it also depends on training....well bt am sure Turks are also ahead in training... .

We outnumber them, outgun them and outsmart them. it's 240F16(ranging from Block30CCIP to Block50+) all with JHMCS' against 30 Mig29s and a few Su24s wise up man they don't have anything competitive. Check f16.net for flight hours of Turkish pilots, then you'll understand that they are practically target drones.

It was TUAF a couple of years ago now it's TURAF it's just TUR of Turkish. Turkey is a secular republic so there's no royalty :coffee:

+Officially there's no order yet, so I'll keep thinking of this as a preperation for F35s

Offical name became TURaF mate i guess they made name change cause how TUAF sounds like too (in Turkish TUHAF ''totally sounds like TUAF'' means ''weird'' in Turkish :D )

Mate, Before talking, At a full scale attack, Have you ever imagine more than 330 fighter jets equipped with latest generation electronics-radars and misiles on Syrian aerospace against Syrian tens of obsolete jets? Which training or underestimating you mentiones ?

To make it more clear, You can count max 50 fighter in this image. Think 340 of them now...

article-2114943-12292968000005DC-780_964x633.jpg

There is no way for even breathing If you talk about TurAF against Syria. With 100 Air-to ground mission F-35's to be arrived to home, TurAF will be the sole airpower of this region and have a bigger upgraded fleet than almost %90-95 of all Europe.

255069FA82274FE748982A4FE74853.jpg

That's the most advanced F-16 concet regarding its radars, electronics and missile types to be launched (AIM-9X Block-I/II, AIM-120C, JSOW A-C, SLAM-ER Cruise Missile, SNIPER POD) and This proposal offered to India. Turkey is the rare country which have this capability way before than other nations.

See Sniper, AIM9X and Amraam-C
20693251.jpg

See JSOW
68s9ol.jpg

See Slam-Er
5245861894_7694bb2e56_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom