What's new

Turkish Air Force (HVKK)

We can't say "bye bye popeye" untill end of service life of F-4E 2020 because popeye has a very big capability such as bigger warhead according to the SOM.
The Popeye's warhead is 350kg vs 230kg for the SOM. Popeye weighs almost 1400kg while SOM is only 600kg. Popeye's range is only 78km vs 250km for the SOM. Popeye has no stealth, SOM does.

As you can see, SOM is far superior. If they really wanted a 350kg warhead they could've easily added it and reduced the range (or increased missile weight) a little.

So, should we throw all the Popeyes to trash bin according to you? Am I right?. Because, Popeye is a useless missile in accordance to SOM.

I know very well about differences between Popeye and SOM.

I said it has a big capability. And it's warhead matter. Not it's far superior than SOM.

An Air Force should have to use any possible options in weaponary which it has.

So, please firstly explain to me why you should give up from Popeye? If you want of course.

He is thinking american way if its outdated its a crap.

The Popeye's warhead is 350kg vs 230kg for the SOM. Popeye weighs almost 1400kg while SOM is only 600kg. Popeye's range is only 78km vs 250km for the SOM. Popeye has no stealth, SOM does.

As you can see, SOM is far superior. If they really wanted a 350kg warhead they could've easily added it and reduced the range (or increased missile weight) a little.

But SOM is not already in Serial Production , it´s only sins 2006 on Development.

So we "can´t say bye bye Popeye" because it´s ready to Fire in more numbers.

Just as F4s. US must do it for their economy we cant do it yet dude. Dont be angry

We can't say "bye bye popeye" untill end of service life of F-4E 2020 because popeye has a very big capability such as bigger warhead according to the SOM.

So, should we throw all the Popeyes to trash bin according to you? Am I right?. Because, Popeye is a useless missile in accordance to SOM.

I said it has a big capability. And it's warhead matter. Not it's far superior than SOM.

So, please firstly explain to me why you should give up from Popeye? If you want of course.

You are right... Sure we will not throw it to trash bin but i think we won't buy any popeyes...

Ofcourse we shouldn't throw away the Popeyes. I'm just saying we could replace it with the SOM if we need to.

2 S-70s brought Afghanistan by A400-M..

2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
1.JPG

Will Turkey going to send their F-5s and F-4 to fight in Yemen?

Beside the Aerobatic Group "Turkish Stars" there are no F-5 in TurAF in Service !

Why should we?

Yemen is a Geopolitic Intersection, in the Region is the Red Sea linked with the arabian Sea/indian Ocean ! The Country have great imprtance for stability of Gulf Region, when the Events in Yemen go out of control the whole Gulf Region will burn !

Beside the Aerobatic Group "Turkish Stars" there are no F-5 in TurAF in Service !

Yemen is a Geopolitic Intersection, in the Region is the Red Sea linked with the arabian Sea/indian Ocean ! The Country have great imprtance for stability of Gulf Region, when the Events in Yemen go out of control the whole Gulf Region will burn !
We dont need to get involved,let the Arabs deal with it,none of our concern.
You give Yemen to much credit if Yemen could make the Gulf region burn.
Its better we stay out of it,they dont want or need our help.

We dont need to get involved,let the Arabs deal with it,none of our concern.
You give Yemen to much credit if Yemen could make the Gulf region burn.
Its better we stay out of it,they dont want or need our help.
Please ask your pm, president to do so and make their guest too do so

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom