What's new

Turkish Air Defence Programs

Turkey should purchase Buk M2E from Russia. It would be good to have a tactical SAM system to supplement the S-400

Also Turkey could do it's own R&D on the Buk to help speed up/enhance HISAR O project

btw how is Turkey going around developing Hisar systems? I assume the missile and guidance technology for Hisar A was based on existing rapier systems and for the HISAR O the MIM-23 Hawk phase iii?

tbh I find it disappointing that Turkey did not create it's own indigenous SAM system sooner..

Turkey should purchase Buk M2E from Russia. It would be good to have a tactical SAM system to supplement the S-400

Also Turkey could do it's own R&D on the Buk to help speed up/enhance HISAR O project

btw how is Turkey going around developing Hisar systems? I assume the missile and guidance technology for Hisar A was based on existing rapier systems and for the HISAR O the MIM-23 Hawk phase iii?

tbh I find it disappointing that Turkey did not create it's own indigenous SAM system sooner..

Buk-M2E equals to Hisar-O+ technically which is in development phase at present. Hisar missiles will join into inventory in time starting from 2021 so It is not feasible to purchase any foreign SAM system while indigenous systems are in trial phase.

Turkish network centric, layered air defense missile system will be operated under the national network. The general structure of systems will be as following;

• National Long Range, Long Altitude SAM system (It will be better than S-400) - I believe It will be an exo-athmosperic missile system similar to THAAD because National divert and atttude control mechanism is being developed by Aselsan at present.
  • S-400 Missiles
  • Siper National Long Range SAM
  • Hisar-O/O+
  • Hisar-A
  • PORSAV Manpads
  • Korkut

Gogtug-696x928.jpg

I'm always think imrovements in te defence İndustry will doing in a roadmap . And I smell in this project is a little roadmap noise ?

How ?

G-40 Missile is a introduced in idef 2019 fair a missile who derrivated from Bozdoğan Bvr Missile have range 40 km when he launched from land. And he have this ability with help of double sized Fuel Cell compared to Bozdoğan Bvr Air to Air missile. İn the basically he looking a modern rival of the hawk, buk, etc.

Now we stop and think about bigger picture ;

İf air to air missiles is a launched from land without booster his orginal ranges downing 3/2 percentage. For Example Mica missile have 60 km but Vl Mica 20 km or Amraam C have 105 km and Sl Amraam/Nasams 33 km.

So we can think with this info İf we launch 65 km ranged Bozdoğan Air to Air missile from land without booster his range down to 22 km around. AND 40 km ranged G-40 Air to surface missile launch from aircraft his range will rise 120 KM.

2-aster-30.jpg

8d5494eef01f3a29564afa529825bc315d607caf1.png

So than if we make a booster to g-40 reach him a aircraft launch speed and altitude like eurosam did a mica in aster project he will be Missile section of the Siper Long Range Air Defence System .

We waiting also Çafrad or Teirs Radars and aselsan Akr-d block2 120 km ranged fire control radars complatement into 2021-2023 area with those subsystems system will be operational in 2021-2023 for land and Tf-2000

Maybe this theory can explane us to why aselsan and roketsan make a cooperate eurosam and why siper missile oficall operational date is a low compare to make a missile from zero.

another advantage of Aster against ESSM is it cn stop supersonic missiles such as Indian/Russian cruise missile...
Turkey also developed Hisar system based on that..

CAFRAD Ashore :yes4:
20190809-142913.jpg

Source: Moonstar from Trmilitary.org
If I am not wrong CAFRAD was capable of illuminating targets for missiles. Is CAFRAD has this capability on land too or only on ships?

you know it doesn't work with salt water? kendine gel meteeeee
Ne bileyim belki sistemin kimi özelliklerinin kullanılması için gemideki kimi alt sistemler gerekebilir vb. bilmediğim şeyler olabilir. Sonuçta sistemin tam detaylarını bilmediğimden tüm özelliklerin gemideki gibi aynı düzeyde aktif olup olmadığımı öğrenmek istedim.

If it can illuminate targets like it does on ships(with all required subsystems) then it can illuminate targets for Atmacas launched on land. With multiple CAFRADs on land that elliminates the horizon & island problem at the area. I know Atmacas are installed on one of our ships, is there news about land installations of atmaca missiles on opensource news?

Last edited:
we will have land based atmacas, but i dont think it will be stationary but rather on truck. i was tested on a stationary rack but thats not the final product
Ne bileyim belki sistemin kimi özelliklerinin kullanılması için gemideki kimi alt sistemler gerekebilir vb. bilmediğim şeyler olabilir. Sonuçta sistemin tam detaylarını bilmediğimden tüm özelliklerin gemideki gibi aynı düzeyde aktif olup olmadığımı öğrenmek istedim.

If it can illuminate targets like it does on ships(with all required subsystems) then it can illuminate targets for Atmacas launched on land. With multiple CAFRADs on land that elliminates the horizon & island problem at the area. I know Atmacas are installed on one of our ships, is there news about land installations of atmaca missiles on opensource news?

Back
Top Bottom