What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

it's very difficult to write the sounds i meaning in Latin the best way you can probably understand me is to hear my voice

302uw44.jpg

Of course I do know that, thats why I specifically mentioned Istanbul (and which is "standard"). I don't take any offence when our brothers find our tongue "funny", but I do take offence when its compared to speech of Ibrahim Tatlises to be honest, because it couldn't be more wrong, I know for a fact that many people in Turkey really thinks like that, people who thinks that Azerbaijani Turkish is what they have heard from "Yahsi cazibe". And these people also don't know about local Anatolian dialects apparently.

Nope it is not about dialect... it's about the words you use.

I mean, saying "dick" instead of weapon. :D

@telkon

What do you call these white hats you wear ?

I'm making research about those "Ak Börk" mentioned in Ottoman sources, since we have no visual sources its hard to know how Ak Börk and Kızıl Börk looked like, until now I though Ak Börk was turban, but the source I'm reading says officials were wearing turbans at court and would switch to börks in campaign, I tried to make further research found these relatively early miniatures
http://cebehane.com/forum/index.php...&action=dlattach;topic=61.0;attach=3558;image

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/hb/hb_69.27folio15r.jpg

They a bit reminded of me Krygyz hats, I still don't know though if these are Ak börks :/

@Sinan

I can laugh about words that give different meanings too, that was not my point at all.

But its rather annoyhing when people don't even know that we don't say "Yahşi", we say "Yaxşı" (Yahşı). If you are (I don't mean you personally) familiar with vowel harmony rule of Turkish, which you should be if you have been to school, then apply it to Azerbaijani Turkish too, you know, we have it too, as any other Turkic language (on the other hand, south-eastern and even black sea parts of Turkey don't follow that rule when talking in Turkish) .

I mean, saying "dick" instead of weapon.
Mate its actually us Anatolian Turks that made it perverted, in old Turkish ''Yarrak'' was weapon and ''Karhane'' was Working place if im not wrong.

Last edited:
@Sinan

I can laugh about words that give different meanings too, that was not my point at all.

But its rather annoyhing when people don't even know that we don't say "Yahşi", we say "Yaxşı" (Yahşı). If you are (I don't mean you personally) familiar with vowel harmony rule of Turkish, which you should be if you have been to school, then apply it to Azerbaijani Turkish too, you know, we have it too, as any other Turkic language (on the other hand, south-eastern and even black sea parts of Turkey don't follow that rule when talking in Turkish) .
same as we . we say yakhshime too :enjoy: first time i came to turkey i told to baker to give me angry bread :unsure:!! later i learn it i should say sijak ekmek instead of kizgin choreg :laugh:

well karkhane came from 2 word kar (work) khane (house) so karkhane means workhouse

We also use "Qızğın" to refer to something hot. Sıcak is "İsti" in our language, hence it would be "İsti Çörək" in Azerbaijani, "Qızğın" are used in slightly different situations ("Qızğın su", which translates into a really "hot water", for example). What about Turkmen, do you guys have "İsti" word too?

same as we . we say yakhshime too :enjoy: first time i came to turkey i told to baker to give me angry bread :unsure:!! later i learn it i should say sijak ekmek instead of kizgin choreg :laugh:

well karkhane came from 2 word kar (work) khane (house) so karkhane means workhouse

Kızgın Çörek :D I'd probably couldn't help myself and laugh out loud if i heard that in a bakery :D

"Isti Çörək" means new bread which recently exit from tamdir and yes kizgin means hot

maybe @rmi5 can translate this to you "Isti Çörək" = noone tazeh

Back
Top Bottom