What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Yoruk Ali.
Yoruk_Ali_Efe.jpg
YorukAliKucukGrup.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, we also say "Saçanda", "Uçanda" (Anatolian Turkish is "Saçtığında", "Uçtuğunda"). Turkmen also preserves the k↔g characteristic of Oghuz (for some reason in Anatolian Turkish its the opposite of Azerbaijani and Turkmen), though in some cases before high vowels it become "K", same as in Azerbaijani (Könül, Kölgə etc.), and this is again the opposite in Anatolian Turkish. :D

By the way, we also say "Saçanda", "Uçanda" (Anatolian Turkish is "Saçtığında", "Uçtuğunda"). Turkmen also preserves the k↔g characteristic of Oghuz (for some reason in Anatolian Turkish its the opposite of Azerbaijani and Turkmen), though in some cases before high vowels it become "K", same as in Azerbaijani (Könül, Kölgə etc.), and this is again the opposite in Anatolian Turkish. :D

Mate, i wanna ask you something.

No offence but when we hear Azeri dialect it sounds a little bit funny for us. Is this the same case with you ?

Mate, i wanna ask you something.

No offence but when we hear Azeri dialect it sounds a little bit funny for us. Is this the same case with you ?
When I hear Azeri I think of people like Sivan Perver and Ibrahim Tatlises. :cheesy:

No offence taken (there is none to take), I understand of course. :)

So is that the case with Azeri Turks too? When they hear Anatolian Turkish, do they feel the same thing? I was really wondering this, good thing Sinan has asked about it.

When I hear Azeri I think of people like Sivan Perver and Ibrahim Tatlises. :cheesy:

How? Assuming that you are actually serious or that you actually know about Azerbaijani Turkish, or even local Anatolian dialects?

A misconception in Turkey among many is as if Azerbaijani Turkish is some kind of village dialect of Anatolian Turkish. The two are obviously two different tongues of Oghuz family, and there is a quite amount of genuine Turkic vocabulary that are different between the two, but of course still very very close.

So is that the case with Azeri Turks too? When they hear Anatolian Turkish, do they feel the same thing? I was really wondering this, good thing Sinan has asked about it.

I wouldn't say funny, but the first times that I heard Anatolian Turkish (through TV) some of words were obviously unknown to me and maybe kinda "weird" (we don't say "evet", instead we say "he", for example), but not "funny". My genuine answer. I can't speak for others, but otherwise we don't "laugh" about Anatolian Turkish among us.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom