What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

We also use "Qızğın" to refer to something hot. Sıcak is "İsti" in our language, hence it would be "İsti Çörək" in Azerbaijani, "Qızğın" are used in slightly different situations ("Qızğın su", which translates into a really "hot water", for example). What about Turkmen, do you guys have "İsti" word too?

In rare occasions, we use it in the same meaning, like "kızgın demir". Or while cooking, you might say kızgın yağ/butter.

Kızgın Çörek :D I'd probably couldn't help myself and laugh out loud if i heard that in a bakery :D
we use gahar for angry :P
example ghaharim getirme :D

nah this was good one in bus i told to driver men dush shek instead of men injek every one think im going to throw myself out ! :lol:

Last edited:
@Targon

By the way, in Sivas they have something called "İsti çay". So I guess "İsti" is used in local dialects of Anatolia.

Also, another word I saw in Sivas dialect was "Hara", is this same as our "Hara", equivelant of "Nere"?

When I listed to "Turna" song, there is this sentence: O kara gözler haralı turnam.

Is this equivelant of "nereli"?

Qanda (middle Turkic) - Harda, root of the word.

Last edited:
Ok then, sounds plausible. But from my perspective it sounded as our "haralı", and it matches the sentence. :)

So what does Urdu means in Turkish?

I heard it means Army in Turkish or something like that.

Ordu orginally means something like where a large nomadic group gathers with their leader, like the encampment of a Khagan.

When I listed to "Turna" song, there is this sentence: O kara gözler haralı turnam.

Is this equivelant of "nereli"?

Qanda (middle Turkic) - Harda, root of the word.

it may mean nereli, nerede, nereye

I think its Har/Hara ,hot/fire in Arabic.

hara is a completely different thing than har.

@telkon

What do you call these white hats you wear ?

I'm making research about those "Ak Börk" mentioned in Ottoman sources, since we have no visual sources its hard to know how Ak Börk and Kızıl Börk looked like, until now I though Ak Börk was turban, but the source I'm reading says officials were wearing turbans at court and would switch to börks in campaign, I tried to make further research found these relatively early miniatures
http://cebehane.com/forum/index.php...&action=dlattach;topic=61.0;attach=3558;image

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/hb/hb_69.27folio15r.jpg

They a bit reminded of me Krygyz hats, I still don't know though if these are Ak börks :/

it's called ak kalpak or just kalpak

Back
Top Bottom