What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

yes i mean that :D and i think ashika is khazar relative :D
But as the paragraph says, today's Anatolian and Azeri Turks also have Khazar ancestry since Khazars is connected to Seljuk and Seljuk in return in common ancestor of Turkics of Anatolian Turks, Azeri, Turkmen, etc.

I think non-Turkic peoples of today in that region also have Khazar genes. When they lost their empire they assimilated into other identities. From genetic test even some Jews from Europe have Khazar genes. I read most Jews in Europe were from Khazar ethnicity. I don't know how true that is.

Seljuks are not connected to Khazars, Oguzes and Khazars were fighting time to times, its claimed time to times Khazars vassalized Oguzes.

But in the end it was a Oghuz/Rus alliance that destroyed Khazars.

@ghara ghan

Unfortunately not :D Oghuz were dissolving by that time, some were about to migrate south under the leadership of Seljuks, Kipchaks were pressuring from North, well Oghuz didn't had a strong leadership before that anyway, It was Kievan Rus that destroyed Khazars, a group of Oghuzes aided them, that group of Oghuzes took a completely different route then Seljuks, they passed through Ukraine and penetrated into Balkans, they lost power and become mercenaries serving Byzantines, and these mercenaries met Seljuks at battle of Manzikert and switched to their side :D

destroyed and absorbs into oghuz empire
That is what I tried to say.

@ghara ghan

Unfortunately not :D Oghuz were dissolving by that time, some were about to migrate south under the leadership of Seljuks, Kipchaks were pressuring from North, well Oghuz didn't had a strong leadership before that anyway, It was Kievan Rus that destroyed Khazars, a group of Oghuzes aided them, that group of Oghuzes took a completely different route then Seljuks, they passed through Ukraine and penetrated into Balkans, they lost power and become mercenaries serving Byzantines, and these mercenaries met Seljuks at battle of Manzikert and switched to their side :D
This is why we won battle of Manzikert. The battle was 20k of Seljuks against 80k of Byzantines. I don't know what percentage of them were mercenaries. I'm wondering why Khazars switched tough. First Khazars and Seljuks fought each other and at battle of Mazikert they switched to Turkic side. I wish Turkics never fought each other. This is why we lost control over everything. Seljuk versus Khazars. Ottomans versus Safavids. Safavids versus Moghuls. Only Genghis Khan managed to yield all Turkic peoples and when he did that. He conquered almost the whole known world. That is why Napoleon said " give me the Turkish army and I will conquer the world".

Na thats a exaggerated number :) originally, Byzantine army was probably significiantly greater then Seljuks, but suckers parted a portion of their forces and that force is destroyed by Seljuks(some sources says deserted), some of their European mercenaries lefy and started plundering Anatolia as well, numbers were probably close in Manzikert(But Byzantines were probably still more numerous), but their relief force which was waiting behind left the battle field, even if Turkics didn't switched I think Seljuks woud still won, enemy done stupid mistakes.

It was Oghuz and Pechenegs btw, not Khazars.

@ghara ghan

:o: i didn't know this ! gimme time to processes all this in my mind :blink:

Some says today's Gagauz people are descendant from these Oghuzes, may be Yes may be No, I think its not clear :)

ok im done procesing all this in my mind;) , this is what's really happen at Manzikert:p:

the group of Seljuk Turks approach the Byzantium but they realize some of their kin whom arrive from Balkan join the enemy !
turcoman_warrior_by_klmsilgi_d4msndo.jpg

@Targon was one of the bashs in seljuk side shouts on his kins whom joined with Byzantium

targoon.jpg

h0o0o0o0o0y bureye gelin yoksa sizi yakalasam aghziniza si........

large.jpg

the threat was that much strong to force those kins to switched to seljuk side
targoonn.jpg

and force the non turkic mercenaries to run and won a easy victory for turks :lol::omghaha:

@ghara ghan

Do you understand this

Sen vurursan dikish atarlar, ben vurursam toprak atarlar.

Thats a harsh saying :D

i just wonder, could you write that same sentence in Turkmen with latin alphabet?
i'd like to compare the Turkmen and Turk vesions.
alright since @Targon is a turkmen than lets go back to the moment he suppose to shout on Byzantium turks
targoon.jpg

h0o0o0owwww geling baarig yokhsa aghziniza si......

:lol:

@ghara ghan

Do you understand this

Sen vurursan dikish atarlar, ben vurursam toprak atarlar.

Thats a harsh saying :D
honestly i didn't fully get it :sad::ashamed::meeting::whistle:

Back
Top Bottom