What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

God I hate this thread.
I'm going to make myself a karışık tost.

I hate you guys

I've only tried Turkish Baklava and that was good but not great. What kind of deserts do you guys have?

You have tried bad baklava that was not great. Were did you try it? How much did you pay?

Kunefe is my favourite desert.

I tried it at a middle eastern restaurant in canada. Don't remember the price. Kunefe looks decent

A good source about Turkish-Turkic languages.

AÖF Türk Dili ve Edebiyatı ders notları

This one includes detailed information of Azerbaijani, Turkmen and Uzbek. Somehow I could not find a "part 2", eventually about other Turkic languages.

AÖF Türk Dili ve Edebiyatı ders notları: ÇAĞDAŞ TÜRK YAZI DİLLERİ I

One particular old Turkic feature of Azerbaijani dialects is the gil/gıl, ğil/ğıl imperative suffix (ikinci şahıs emir kuvvetlendirme eki). It has developed into ginen/gınan in Azerbaijani dialects, with the addition of "en/an" suffix (which however is in line with the old Turkic en/an suffix, Orkhon examples: Ögrenipen, tutupan). The said imperative suffix (gil/gıl) was extensively used in old Anatolian Turkish, but I don't know if it exists in modern dialects.

Examples (remember that this is a second person suffix): Daşı yerə atgınan (taşı yere at), burdan getginən (burdan git), .

Example from Yunus Emre:

Yunus bu sözleri kogil,
Kend'özünden elin yugil
Senden ne gele bir degil,
Çün Hak'tan gelir hayr ü şer.

Last edited:
@Ahiska bro, i was just reading about Karaim people, but it seems some Karaim people regarded themselves as having Israeli roots and some regarded themselves as Turkic. what's up with that? is that perhaps the result of the marriages between Karaim Turkics and Jews who were originally living in the region that is now called Israel? how do your family, relatives and other Karaim people you know regard themselves?

also can you speak Karaim? i read it's Turkic mixed with some Hebrew influences. interesting.

@Ahiska bro, i was just reading about Karaim people, but it seems some Karaim people regarded themselves as having Israeli roots and some regarded themselves as Turkic. what's up with that? is that perhaps the result of the marriages between Karaim Turkics and Jews who were originally living in the region that is now called Israel? how do your family, relatives and other Karaim people you know regard themselves?

also can you speak Karaim? i read it's Turkic mixed with some Hebrew influences. interesting.
dude you ae aware that the khazars were jewish it's normal to see their remaining influence ;)

dude you ae aware that the khazars were jewish it's normal to see their remaining influence ;)
yes, that's probably more the case, just i was surprised that some Karaim people claimed Israeli ancestry instead of Turkic. that's why i was kinda surprised.

how're you doing bro? how's Turkish going?

how're you doing bro? how's Turkish going?
as it's own it's way :D tomorrow i have another turkish class i hop this time wont failed my self :P

yes, that's probably more the case, just i was surprised that some Karaim people claimed Israeli ancestry instead of Turkic. that's why i was kinda surprised
they are turkic or they are israeli or :blah: dude it's cool :cool: Jewish Israeli is not today's Palestine so israel can be anywhere thats just a myth if you wanna see these things in this way than tell me what is the our peopel the turks origin :lol: i don't think you could find it :angel:

Last edited:
Khazars weren´t Jews from ethnicity. They were Turkic from ethnicity with hebrew religion as their faith.

Khazars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 10th century ZoroastrianDênkart registered the collapse of Khazar power in attributing its eclipse to the enfeebling effects of 'false' religion. The decline was contemporary to that suffered by the TransoxianaSāmānidempire to the east, both events paving the way for the rise of the Great Seljuq Empire, whose founding traditions mention Khazar connections

Last edited:
Khazars weren´t Jews from ethnicity. They were Turkic from ethnicity with hebrew religion as their faith.

Khazars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 10th century ZoroastrianDênkart registered the collapse of Khazar power in attributing its eclipse to the enfeebling effects of 'false' religion. The decline was contemporary to that suffered by the TransoxianaSāmānidempire to the east, both events paving the way for the rise of the Great Seljuq Empire, whose founding traditions mention Khazar connections
yes i mean that :D and i think ashika is khazar relative :D

Back
Top Bottom