Reaction score
Country
Turkey
s
DAILY SABAH
ISTANBUL
Published 4 hours ago
1445446460176.jpg

Turkey's integration as a full member of the European Union may be Europe's 'last hope' to preserve its global domination, according to a European legal expert, who claims that Turkey has become a functioning democracy under AK Party rule, which provides solutions to the ongoing regional crises, serves as a 'bridge' between the east and the west and has a geostrategic position.

According to Ariti-Marina Alamanou's article on New Europe, Turkey's integration into Europe has become a necessity for Europe to revive its global and regional power. Alamanou claimed Turkey has dramatically transformed in the past 12 years as she outlined seven reasons why Europe should trust President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Europe has historically opposed Turkey's accession, but should adopt a different approach for the future, as Alamanou said "the migration crisis and the geopolitical threats and challenges surrounding Europe, have redefined the dynamics of a relationship that is fundamentally linked to the ability of Europe to exercise an influential global role."

Turkey was a semi-democracy controlled by generals before Erdoğan, and civil society was suppressed, but the AK Party under then-Prime Minister Erdoğan's leadership has created a new democracy compatible with European standards and has significantly improved the country's economy, which is expected to grow by 3 percent in 2016.

Another reason for why Turkey is Europe's last chance is related to the Syrian Crisis, and how Turkey can provide a sustainable solution to the conflict, Alamanou explained.

"Europe needs a sustainable solution to the Syrian civil war, and the moderate opposition is the only political force in Syria which in the future can bridge what for now seems unbridgeable" said Alamanou, and underscored that Turkey has consistently emphasized how the Assad regime cannot be part of the solution, as she claimed it is one of the main causes of the conflict.

In addition, the piece also states that Europe needs to comprehend the importance of Turkey's strategic position and cooperation as it is the only actor that can provide a solution to the migration crisis, which is posing a challenge to Europe.

Turkey's geopolitical position may also be the answer to European interests regarding Russian expansionism, which Alamanou claimed poses a potential threat to European and Atlantic agendas. She noted that 'European Turkey' was and still is the strongest obstacle to 'Russian geopolitical unilateralism' and added that Turkey's geographic location may improve Europe's global role as it is situated between the critical trade and energy routes between the West and the East.

Turkey may serve as the 'cultural bridge' between the East and the West and is Europe's key ally for fighting radicalization, with its secular and democratic administration and Muslim population, as Alamanou claimed Europe will never be safe if Muslim populations continue to 'hate what Europe stands for.'

In addition, Turkey's EU accession will bring more political stability and strengthen it against the 'slanderous campaign by the Gülen Movement' Alamanou said.

"Europe has to exchange fear and prejudice with bold realism so as to ensure the re-launch of the European project." Alamanou said, adding that President Erdoğan's vision of Turkey is not only a bridge between Europe and the east, but the future.

@Gabriel92 @flamer84

I was saying somewhat similar things few days back. lol.

Reality is for all to see. Turkey, as a nation-state, is far more influential and relevant on global scale than any other European state. Without Turkey, Europe is pretty irrelevant in geopolitical sense (not economic sense!). What role can France or Germany play in Palestine-Israel issue? ISIS? Putin's gas routes? Middle-East (Egypt, Tunisia, Qatar, and so on), Syrian civil war crisis? Migrant crisis? Global military mission of NATO and so on and on.

Even here in the U.S, we have this notion that Obama goes to Germany to enjoy beer, goes to France for nice vacation, goes to UK for great fish and chips---and then goes to Turkey when its time to work (meaning getting Turkey's help on geopolitical level in various issues in the region).

Without Turkey, Europe would be facing much more bolder Russia and massive waves of migrants due to Syrian crisis.

Turkey, alone, holds almost 20 times more Syrian refugees than entire Europe!!

Look at the picture, Erdogan is sitting as if he was the bigger player on the table. Is this the future of Europe? ;)

Turkey in EU means Turkey being the top dog of Europe---with most number of seat in European parliament, more leverage on decision-making process than any other single European state, and the largest military in Europe.

Back to Ottoman Times? :D

image.jpg

Hell, he didn't even put German flag in the back. Both flags are Turkish!!!! :welcome:

He's like "Yeah, now you need my help Merkel...eh?" :lol:

We'll start with visa-free entry to Europe ;)

Turkey will never be an European state,keep dreaming,it isnt some experts that would change something,and as if the Europeans would accept an European Turkey. :lol:

Turkey will never be an European state,keep dreaming,
First of all i'm tired of Europeans saying "Turks dreaming/begging to join EU"...mate, that's only in your fantasies in reality nobody is dying for EU.

We made a poll back in time in PDF and look have it has ended.

Statics of the Turkish users . Total votes 47

EU: 5 votes %11
(Hyperion, Mertkaan, Neptune, Asena_Y, cabatli_53)

Ummah: 8 votes %17
(AKINCI, [TR]Ahmet, tesla, xxxKULxxx, Casus Belli, Hakan, lunarlon, Turkish_FR)

Turan: 18 votes %38
(LegionnairE, MrTopal27, atatwolf, Ahiska, Azeri440, Sinan, u.MP,Baykuş, Islamic Faith&Secularism, xenon54, rmi5, usernameless, telkon, Timur, Asena_Great, KingWest, Exocet, Cekilinbendoktorum)

SCO: 0 %0

No Union: 16 votes %34
(Combat-Master, BronzePlaque,damm1t, Quasar, madmusti, Targon, hacksquat, T-123456, olcayto, anatolia, Corleone, Wave, Charon 2,Nefer, kediKesenFare, bsruzm)

Source: Poll: Turkey's possible future union | Page 19

Also, you might wanna know that %66 of the Turks looks unfavorably on EU.
The Turkish people don’t look favorably upon the U.S., or any other country, really | Pew Research Center

Other than that even if we surpass all of the European criteria and have higher GDP, GDP/capita then the rest of the EU countries, France and Germany would still veto us, as the membership of the Turkey would end the Franco-German dominance over Europe due to our size....did you ever wondered why Italy and UK supports our membership ?

France has nothing to do in here Kebab boy.
You think your Islamic country ruled by a dictator would be in EU ?
Keep dreaming,your islamic chithole would have too much importance in EU's affairs,parliament etc... (Turks would have more seats that us),i think you forgot also Cyprus.
Incase you don't know Turkey is a secular country.... and don't think that you can come into our section and insult our country.

Post reported.

@Gabriel92 @flamer84

I was saying somewhat similar things few days back. lol.

Reality is for all to see. Turkey, as a nation-state, is far more influential and relevant on global scale than any other European state. Without Turkey, Europe is pretty irrelevant in geopolitical sense (not economic sense!). What role can France or Germany play in Palestine-Israel issue? ISIS? Putin's gas routes? Middle-East (Egypt, Tunisia, Qatar, and so on), Syrian civil war crisis? Migrant crisis? Global military mission of NATO and so on and on.

Even here in the U.S, we have this notion that Obama goes to Germany to enjoy beer, goes to France for nice vacation, goes to UK for great fish and chips---and then goes to Turkey when its time to work (meaning getting Turkey's help on geopolitical level in various issues in the region).

Without Turkey, Europe would be facing much more bolder Russia and massive waves of migrants due to Syrian crisis.

Turkey, alone, holds almost 20 times more Syrian refugees than entire Europe!!

Look at the picture, Erdogan is sitting as if he was the bigger player on the table. Is this the future of Europe? ;)

Turkey in EU means Turkey being the top dog of Europe---with most number of seat in European parliament, more leverage on decision-making process than any other single European state, and the largest military in Europe.

Back to Ottoman Times? :D

image.jpg

Hell, he didn't even put German flag in the back. Both flags are Turkish!!!! :welcome:

He's like "Yeah, now you need my help Merkel...eh?" :lol:

We'll start with visa-free entry to Europe ;)

I know you as a Pakistani obviously love your Turkish brothers. Ii don't have anything against Turkey as well. On the contrary, i think its the most advanced/forward looking country in the middle east. However, everything you said is pure bullshit to be honest. I don't even know where to start from.:lol:

svqj0.jpg

This german witch is in love with erdogan so obvious :D
060920131510120125088_4.jpg
erdo%C4%9Fan-merkel-ili%C5%9Fkisi_493344.jpg
51293_m.jpg

More like the opposite. Since there are millions of Turks immigrants in Germany, and they keep trying to emigrate more to Germany not less.Its funny seeing a Turk who left his country for the west is insulting Europe's biggest economic power.lol Both countries are not in the same league to be honest.

Last edited:
As if anyone care what the french have to say, you couldn't even stop germany from taking over your country, you owe your country to USA and UK if it wasn't for them there would be no France.

We on the other hand didn't need help to stop ALL OF YOU during world war 1.

French_e68aee_2410971.jpg

11030363.jpg

d6ea7c50f2433874ec1bfc0229a001a414d9cd3404d9e3acfbc1208a3363d707.jpg

7f3a3207f0fedf3c1a5819fd66cdf45a4788ef33b6ac7d700212650a9a98dce1.jpg

Only problem here is France has farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more global reach/influence than Turkey can ever dream of. Plus that's not me being mean. France is a global power, while Turkey is barely a regional one. Name me one major field in which Turkey leads France.:bounce:

der-spiegel-graphic1.jpg

Can't find the statistics that shows we are CURRENTLY richer than 14 other European countries.

So no we do not need EU, rather EU needs us to protect you or russia is coming for you.

More like the opposit. Since there are millions of Turks immigrnts in Germany, and they keep trying to emigrate more to Germany not less.Its funny seeing a Turk who left his country for the west is insulting Europe's biggest economic power.lol Both countries are not in the same league to be honest.
Mate, do you know any datas, research about the "they keep trying to emigrate more to Germany" ? In recent years all we hear is reverse-brain and Turks living in Europe coming back to Turkey. Even our member @olcayto came to Turkey from Netherlands.

So no we do not need EU, rather EU needs us to protect you or russia is coming for you.
We don't need EU, EU doesn't needs us. They have US for their protection.

Great Europe couldn't even cope with 50k refugees. Maybe Turkey should send those millions to Europe. They would strengthen the Muslim community who is facing discrimination.

I know you as a Pakistani obviously love your Turkish brothers. Ii don't have anything against Turkey as well. On the contrary, i think its the most advanced/forward looking country in the middle east. However, everything you said is pure bullshit to be honest. I don't even know where to start from.:lol:

More like the opposite. Since there are millions of Turks immigrants in Germany, and they keep trying to emigrate more to Germany not less.Its funny seeing a Turk who left his country for the west is insulting Europe's biggest economic power.lol Both countries are not in the same league to be honest.
What an ignorant twat comment. I didn't move to Europe from Turkey, i am a Swedish citizen since i was born here, my parents came to Sweden decades ago, before i was born.
That aside, why do you keep insulting Turkey? Turks have stopped emigrating to Europe, why should they? Even i will go to Istanbul in 2 months time to write my masters thesis there, and who knows, i will probably permanantly stay there, if oppurtunity rises. In Denmark and Sweden, thousands of ethnic Turks (NOT KURDS) like me go to Turkey after finishing their education because there are better job market there than here. There are tons of projects, constructions and other developments.

A French calling Turks "unproductive,lazy people"

If you are so productive why did you have the need for all the immigrant workers?

We Turks are so damn productive and hard workers that we consume very little alcohol so we can work better, while you frenchies drink your wine and let the immigrants do all the work.

But no worries...

One day you will wake up to call to prayer, unless you make 10 babies per french family which I doubt.

I wasn't targeting Turks especially.
Back in the 50's,60's,we needed immigrant workers,but now we don't need them at all.
And,millions of Portuguese,Spanish,Italians,came,helped us to build our country,and we thank them all. Today they are very well integrated to our society,you wouldn't say they are Spanish or whatsoever.

Last edited:
@mike2000 + @Gabriel92

You both seem to not realize the massiv rising influence of IMMIGRANTS from third world in both of your chitholes called England and France. let us take a look at your Paris and London chitholes.

LOL!

I have no respect for people who run away from their respective countries for a better life to the West , yet use their keyboards to say how pathetic the west is and how fantastic their own holy country is.lol. That's just hypocrisy. I have more respect for other Turkish members here who were bold enough to stay in their country and try to help build up their country and make it better. They have more credibility than you who ran away to the very west you claim to despise. So no use wasting my time trolling with you on something as funny as claiming how the region you ran away to for a better life is shit. lool Sorry but i'm not taking your bait.:happy:

I wasn't targeting Turks especially.
Back in the 50's,60's,we needed immigrant workers,but now we don't need them at all.
And,millions of Portuguese,Spanish,Italians,came,helped us to build our country,and we thank them all. Today they are very well integrated to our society,you wouldn't say they are Spanish or whatsoever.
If Marine le Pen comes to power,i doubt you'll hear Imams shouting what they say. :nana:
These comments are perfect examples of Turkey and Europe's incompatability. But it is understandable, you guys were buttraped in Canakkale and in Ottoman times, still butthurt? Lets do a second round of canakkale soon

Back
Top Bottom