What's new

Turkey's Erdogan moves to sue French Le Point magazine

Vergennes

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
Turkey's state-run news agency says lawyers for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan have filed a criminal complaint against French magazine Le Point journalists for allegedly insulting him.

Anadolu Agency said Friday the criminal complaint was filed against editor-in-chief Etienne Gernelle and journalist Romain Gubert at a Turkish court.

In its cover page headline, Le Point called Erdogan "The Eradicator" in relation to Turkey's military offensive against Syrian Kurdish fighters in northeastern Syria. The front page also read: "ethnic cleansing, Erdogan's method."

Insulting the president is a crime in Turkey. Erdogan has filed thousands of complaints against journalists, politicians, students and others for comments deemed to be insults.

In 2016, Erdogan sued a German comedian over a satirical poem, leading to diplomatic tensions with Germany and debate on freedom of speech.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...n-moves-sue-french-le-point-magazine-66521040

mdl.png

It isn't the first time a front page from Le Point has irked Turkey and the President. Last year it even led to some incidents with members of the Turkish community who surrounded and intimidated workers to remove the front page from a kiosk in southern France. Gendarmerie had to be called.

ll.jpg

i think its waste of Turkish resources to hire lawyers in France to file case against so called insults.

By such action Turkey is giving free publicity to French propaganda.

We expect a new article from the Le Point.. Title May be the
''The Other Face of Democracy and Freedom of Expression''

4049d17b8c6e9f8ae7894439c7adf9141e3f32928b559b69682948da4b67e00a.jpg
6469fac2e2c41bdfce22f5af6d3bc090e857f9dc92f9fba13de271a640787100.jpg
TELEMMGLPICT000188021355_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqytxLMmtfp3sC_cEhhtHl3yycSUfv6GUMHBLEVZVyA7k.jpeg
8bf6e4017379087e660772bc41b0d618a12ae02c2c689e34b2f9e1b18865fc2b.jpg
47334481_303.jpg
_105235672_051591243-1.jpg

Yes,newspapers including Le Point have all covered,criticized and questionned the government's actions,modus operandi,police brutality and actions etc. during the yellow vests protests. Nice try though.

i think its waste of Turkish resources to hire lawyers in France to file case against so called insults.

By such action Turkey is giving free publicity to French propaganda.

If Erdogan was a bit smart,he would have used pedagogy to explain Turkey's thesis,but by suing foreign journalists he's giving them entire points. Thanks to him,Le Point sales might increase.

Last edited:
Yes,newspapers including Le Point have all covered,criticized and questionned the government's actions,modus operandi,police brutality and actions etc. during the yellow vests protests. Nice try though.

If Erdogan was a bit smart,he would have used pedagogy to explain Turkey's thesis,but by suing foreign journalists he's giving them entire points.

France should be the last country to complain about muh ethnic cleansing.

Your history is full of it and still continues today just like what we saw in the Central African Republic.

They just see what they want to see.

They also cherish liars like voltaire and victor hugo the biggest Turk haters in history.

This is just the continuation of it.

Bad move from Erdogan.For a leader of a country it's not appropriate to give publicity and fame to trolls,whose goal is to exactly get a negative reaction from him so they can whine later "see,see he baaad","freedom of speach"...

This will only result in such trolling becoming more frequent...

In its cover page headline, Le Point called Erdogan "The Eradicator" in relation to Turkey's military offensive against Syrian Kurdish fighters in northeastern Syria. The front page also read: "ethnic cleansing, Erdogan's method."

PKK=YPG who killed 40.000 people since 1985
and PKK was recognized as terror organization by the US and the EU

what about fighting against DAESH ?

in relation to The US and France's military offensive against Arab Fighters in Syria and Iraq
"ethnic cleansing, MACRON's method"

even Raqqa and Mosul were destroyed by the US - French Airforces and 13.000+ civilians dead

The Turkish Armed Forces never leave tens of thousands of innocent deads behind us just like Assad, Russia or Usa , France

Nettoyage ethnigue , la methode MACRON
L'eradicateur

Bad move from Erdogan.For a leader of a country it's not appropriate to give publicity and fame to trolls,whose goal is to exactly get a negative reaction from him so they can whine later "see,see he baaad","freedom of speach"...

This will only result in such trolling becoming more frequent...

This whole anti erdogan thing went from critising a leader to full blown Turcophobia.

People who critise Erdogan not just critise him but hide behind him to spread their vile toxic hate of Turkey and the Turkish people.

In many ways racism against Turks is tolerate if not encouraged.

This whole anti erdogan thing went from critising a leader to full blown Turcophobia.

People who critise Erdogan not just critise him but hide behind him to spread their vile toxic hate of Turkey and the Turkish people.

In many ways racism against Turks is tolerate if not encouraged.

I honestly don't think Erdogan had much to do with anything.Turcophobia(as well as Islamophobia)was well in Europe centuries before Erdogan and will be there centuries after he is gone.In my opinion it has intensified lately because Turkey is becoming significantly more developed and capable in every area as well as more influential in international politics.Some of the Turkish "allies" apparently have issue with that and they are not even trying to hide it.

I honestly don't think Erdogan had much to do with anything.Turcophobia(as well as Islamophobia)was well in Europe centuries before Erdogan and will be there centuries after he is gone.In my opinion it has intensified lately because Turkey is becoming significantly more developed and capable in every area as well as more influential in international politics.Some of the Turkish "allies" apparently have issue with that and they are not even trying to hide it.

Indeed even before Erdogan but nowadays just hide their hate of the Turks they usually use Erdogan as the scapegoat. As long as I critise erdogan I can get away with my racism.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom