What's new

Turkey's Erdogan Visits Iran to Improve Ties After Split Over Syria

Yeap, we hold so much potential together. But Turkey's leadership essential for this unity. When Turkic countries declared their independence. Turkey try tried to approach them. But instead of building relations on mutual respect. We as Turkey acted all mighty, looked down upon them, exported spoiled vegetables, broken goods etc...
Do you know the meaning of "Arkadaş" (friend)
Word Arkadaş devired from words "Arka" "Taş" meaning "back stone". While ancient Turks were fighting, they secured their back by positing themselves in front of a rock, stone. So that they would be saved from rear blows, immune from being surrounded etc.
So as Turkey, we should be Arkadaş of the Turkic countries. They should feel, we are securing their back, won't leave them alone when Russia exerts pressure on them or shift our priorities to Europe or ME while trying to form a union....
We failed to give them that bond. I hope all will be well in the future but to be truthful, i don't see it coming with the Erdoğan on helm.

Unfortunately, I agree. That's why many of us, Azeris, think that MHP and CHP would be better for running the Turkish government.
Islamists, always fail in the long term. All of them do massive propaganda, and stimulate religious sentiments of people, but in the long term they will fail as they showed it in Iran, Egypt, and now Turkey. They survived more in Turkey with thanks to the secular foundations of the country, otherwise their difference with their counterparts in Iran and Egypt would be even less.

PS. there is an anecdote which says: "A Fish is fresh whenever you hunt it from water" It would be beneficial for all of Turkic states to be more united, although we have lost time but still, this idea is useful for all of us. ;)

1798588_574018876015835_909871419_n.jpg

1654351_573851269365929_1540483041_n.jpg

Iran and Turkey signed a deal to establish a supreme council of political cooperation which will increase 2 countries' relations regarding regional and national issues to highest level.
Also some new economic deals have been signed.

I would like to know all the details of visit. Very significant that highest head of state and ministers are visiting.
Perhaps its a strategic realignment and Turkey is reevaluating its policy on Syria.
Rouhani will repay the visit and go to Turkey. Javad Zarif was also in Turkey last month.
Im thinking some major economic deals have been signed, and probably some strategic cooperation on Syria was closely discussed.
The rebels (AQ faction) plus the semi-autonomous Kurdish state formation in northeastern Syria, are serious security threats to the Turkish state.
I think its about time for Iran and Turkey to cooperate more closely, and for Turkey close its territory for rebel base and weapon deliveries.

I would like for Turkey to go back to the "zero problems with neighbours" policy and act as a mediator. Overthrowing of regimes is an extremely dangerous business, especially if its a bordering neighbour country, because you dont know what will replace it or what new security challenges (and very serious ones at that) emerges.
A frankenstein monster has been created, and now its time for Iran and Turkey to curtail it.

Last edited:

@ResurgentIran

Mate, don't expect a change in Turkey's Syria policy. In his 12 years of rule, i have never seen Erdogan backed up from anything.

Yeah, but I think it would be in Turkeys own interests. Im not saying Assad is angel or anything, but if we compare Syria 4 years ago to now, I think its safe to say that the 4 years ago was much better situation if we look at it purely from the perspective of Turkeys interests.
Today we have de facto Kurdish state formation in north-east of Syria, plus the dangerous Al Qaeda faction. The threats from these fighters are enormous. Before they were dispersed group doing attack here and there. Now there is an Al-Qaeda/ISIL enclave in the northern Syria and along the river.
These ISIL guys are like the taliban. They know no limits, as its an extreme and ideological group. They have even threatened attacks inside Turkish territory. This is a very dangerous situation for the region, but especially Turkey because Syria is on the border. There's multiple security challenges here.

Anyway I think Iran and Turkey should cooperate to eradicate the extreme groups. Then negotiate reasonably with all regional countries, to an end to the horrible crisis. The moderate opposition and Syrian government must come to terms with one another, and come to political reconciliation. Otherwise Syria will be locked in an endless perpetual state of internal conflict/war, which is extremely bad news for Turkey and everyone in the region really.

I think you did not get what I said. Safavids are Azeri turks, and insulting them, in any way and with any words or connotations in a sentence, means insulting turks. Got it?
BTW, the posts of your friends in the forum are available in which they use these terms in a daily basis.
BTW, Ottomans did not need cheer leading of you or your type. As I said before, Turks are not sectarian, and don't care for this type of people.
PS. I am not persian but I know them very well and that's why I let you know that they don't care about arabs in general, and it is only your xenophobic and racist mind that thinks there is a persian conspiracy every where in the world.
My friends and I are two separate things and their words can’t be mine. Please also note that if the Safavids were not sectarian, then the whole world doesn't have any. You and I have talked about their brutal conversion of Iranians some time ago.

Yeah, I have no soft corner for Persians in my heart, very much like the majority of Arabs (I think). I am personally fine with other racial groups in Iran and wish them either full independence or autonomy (at minimum). Persians are different story though. Once again, our hatred is mutual and it is not coming from one side. You just thanked Islam Shall be the Winner for posting Ferdowsi’s famous anti Arab cry. It is there, 3 clicks away. How many times have you also used the term lizard-eaters in an attempt to offend Arab users?

At the end of the day, we are not asking for too much. Just keep yourself out of Arabs’ affairs and no one will bother you. Moreover, we are not big fan of these Persian communities implanted in the neighboring countries, U.A.E, Kuwait, and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I think it would be in Turkeys own interests. Im not saying Assad is angel or anything, but if we compare Syria 4 years ago to now, I think its safe to say that the 4 years ago was much better situation if we look at it purely from the perspective of Turkeys interests.
Today we have de facto Kurdish state formation in north-east of Syria, plus the dangerous Al Qaeda faction. The threats from these fighters are enormous. Before they were dispersed group doing attack here and there. Now there is an Al-Qaeda/ISIL enclave in the northern Syria and along the river.
These ISIL guys are like the taliban. They know no limits, as its an extreme and ideological group. They have even threatened attacks inside Turkish territory. This is a very dangerous situation for the region, but especially Turkey because Syria is on the border. There's multiple security challenges here.

Mate, you should have been Erdogan's adviser. :)

I too don't support Turkey's policy over Syria. We shouldn't have fueled the entire conflict.

That said, i don't know.... When Syria downed our jet, we all saw this was coming. I think we should have just leveled the military base that opened fire to our jet. But that could have resulted in casuelties for us maybe, could be evolved into more conflicts.

This way not a Turkish soldier got wounded but again it's not possible to approve this underhanded strategy.

So far Erdogan's strategy didn't harmed Turkey much, but i can't be certain of the future. I definitely don't want to see ISIL as our neighbors.

Anyway I think Iran and Turkey should cooperate to eradicate the extreme groups. Then negotiate reasonably with all regional countries, to an end to the horrible crisis.

Good idea but Iran supports Assad while Turkey supports FSA. We fall distant from each other on this issue so i don't think there can be a possible cooperation between Iran and Turkey regarding to Syrian conflict in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is too late to back off from Syria policy. Although I don't like Erdogan. If his policies fail, Turkey fails and we all fail. worst case senario would be when Assad stays in power and proxy war continues. Assad and his father did this before with supporting PPK. I'm glad Assad got a piece of his own pie. On the other hand. This conflict is going on for too long. Goddamned Americans first acted like they were supportive and then let us down. I hope Erdogan learnt not to trust Americans.

Bunch of nonsense. First of all, religion or ideologies does not belong to a race. Nonsense to talk about an "Arab ideology".
Turks/Iranians are no less Turks/Iranian for practicing Islam, nor are Swedes less Swedish for adopting Christianity
Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that Islam is an Arab ideology, I am saying that Twelver Shia'sim is an ideology based on the glorification of a group of Arabs. This is indisputable. No matter how hard some Persians try to forget (or overlook), Ahl Al Bayt are as Arabs as it is possible to be. I am not willing to get into a sectarian debate, but only take the concept of infallibility (Esmaعصمة) that the Arab Imams have under Twelver theology and you will get my point.

My friends and I are two separate things and their words can’t be mine. Please also note that if the Safavids were not sectarian, then the whole world doesn't have any. You and I have talked about their brutal conversion of Iranians some time ago.
I have seen your words as well. you are much more impolite than some of your friends, just with different words.
I explained to you exactly the same thing as I said in this thread in our last discussion as well. But, you didn't get it that time and now again.
Yeah, I have no soft corner for Persians in my heart, very much like the majority of Arabs (I think).
No, the majority of arabs are not like Saudis in this regard. Iranians and Egyptians for example, as two old historic nations, have always a deep mutual respect for each other. The same is true for Iraqis, Lebanese, Omanis, ... this sick xenophobic and racist mindset, only exist in KSA, and a few other of her neighbors, not even in Oman or UAE.
I am personally fine with other racial groups in Iran and wish them independence or autonomy. Persians are different story though.
Nice try, But, it is disgusting for me when I hear Saudis act to be humanitarian. BTW, all of Iranian ethnicities are brothers of Azerbaijanis and there is nothing for you to meddle into it ;) be worried about your oppressed Shias who live in your oil rich eastern province and give them autonomy and independence if you want to prove us that you are sincere.
Once again, our hatred is mutual and it is not coming from one side. You just thanked Islam Shall be the Winner for posting Ferdowsi’s famous anti Arab cry. It is there, 3 clicks away. How many times have you also used the term lizard-eaters in an attempt to offend Arab users?
haha, That's why I said about your obsession with us. you even try to read Persian posts in the Iranian Chill Thread. Anyway, you do eat lizards as a widespread tradition, so what is the insulting point here? Anyway, I said to @Islam shall be the winner that the poem he shared is not a genuine one. Next time, try something else for translating Persian posts.
At the end of the day, we are not asking for too much. Just keep yourself out of Arabs’ affairs and no one will bother you. Moreover, we are not big fan of these Persian communities implanted in the neighboring countries, U.A.E, Kuwait, and elsewhere.
What do you mean by "We"? Saudis have no rights to tell others what they can or can't do. you are only a gas station desert country, nothing more. So, know your place and know that you cannot tell Iranians or any other country what to do. Got it? BTW, FYI, Emir of Dubai, who hosts the most number of Iranian in South Persian Gulf region, was one of the main supporters of a deal between Iran and west, and has repeatedly asked westerners and asked in his interviews for removing Iran's sanction and increasing the relations with Iran. So, as you can see, even Khalijees do not count on you as you think of yourself. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I have seen your words as well. you are much more impolite than some of your friends, just with different words.
I explained to you exactly the same thing as I said in this thread in our last discussion as well. But, you didn't get it that time and now again.

No, the majority of arabs are not like Saudis in this regard at all. Iranians and Egyptians for example, as two old historic nations, have always a deep mutual respect. The same is true for Iraqis, Lebanese, Omanis, ... this sick xenophobic and racist mindset, only exist in KSA, and a few other of her neighbors, not even in Oman or UAE.

Nice try, But, it is disgusting for me when I hear Saudis act to be humanitarian. BTW, all of Iranian ethnicities are brothers of Azerbaijanis and there is nothing for you to meddle into it ;) be worried about your oppressed Shias who live in your oil rich eastern province and give them autonomy and independence if you want to prove us that you are sincere.

haha, That's why I said about your obsession with us. you even try to read Persian posts in the Iranian Chill Thread. Anyway, you do eat lizards as a widespread tradition, so what is the insulting point here? Anyway, I said to @Islam shall be the winner that the poem he shared is not a genuine one. Next time, try something else for translating Persian posts.

What do you mean by "We"? Saudis have no rights to tell others what they can or can't do. you are only a gas station desert country, nothing more. So, know your place and know that you cannot tell Iranians what to do. Got it? BTW, FYI, Emir of Dubai, who hosts the most number of Iranian in South Persian Gulf region, was one of the main supporters of a deal between Iran and west, and has repeatedly asked westerners and asked in his interviews for removing Iran's sanction and increasing the relations with Iran. So, as you can see, even Khalijees do not count on you as you think of yourself. :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, the majority of the nearly 500 million Arabs, especially Sunni Arabs who form 90% of the entire Arab population are not in favor of you Iranians and especially not the Mullah's that rule you. That's a fact. Not in favor does not mean hatred. Only a complete ignoramus would claim the opposite. It does not matter if they are religious or not. Most of the biggest anti-Mullah/Iran critics are atheists or nationalists. The ordinary man and person are not particularly in favor of Iran or the Mullah's by any means. Rather the opposite. That's due to the actions of the Iranian Mullah's.

Funny that you mention racism. Even funnier when it comes from an Iranian. KSA has many old civilizations some of them older than any Iranian civilizations such as the Dilmun civilization which was a major trading partner of nearby Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley civilization just across the Arabian Sea. 5000 years old and mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh which is among the first written literature in the history. At least known. It was always an area of mutual influences and trading with nearby Egypt, Iraq, Yemen, Hijaz, Indus Valley, Horn of Africa and further away was completely normal since it was/is a major crossroad. Uromatyxs are only eaten by a tiny minority in one region of KSA, Najd, and that's the only "strange" eating in the Arab world. Just as the cow heads that some Iranians eat. Besides reptiles, lizards etc. and much, much more strange eating is found in China, South East Asia, Africa, Central and Latin America where they are all STABLE dishes. That is nothing in comparison.

Your criticism would make sense if it was not for the DOZENS of Iranain trolls, double users who are sickly obsessed about Arab issues. Let me ask you a question. How many Arab users do you see on the Iranian section? 2-3 max? How often do they post? Maybe 4-5 posts each month or so. Now tell me how many Iranian trolls are present in threads about Arab issues? I think you know the answer.

Now, Arab cuisine is world famous across the world and widespread on all continents. It is very diverse and found from the Atlantic Ocean in the west to Oman in the east near the Arabian Sea and from Syria in the North to Comoros in the Indian Ocean south of the equator.

The Emir of Dubai has never been any fan of your Mullah's. Nobody in the Arab world is that or dare I say world among states for real. He just wants Iran to be a rational state and actor instead of the pariah state that it is today so trade can happen which btw is totally one-sided and in favor of UAE as of now. More trade = more peaceful region. At least that is often the case.

Yes, Khaleejis prefer Iran over KSA just like Arabs prefer Israel over Palestine.

It is not to start another pointless discussion but your post was not any better than the points you cry about.

Also I don't see anything controversial in saying that the Iranian Mullah's should worry about their own business and not Arab matters that do not concern them. Especially if they are doing nothing good.

The bottom line is that both sides have their moments and childish arguments/ignorance etc. So trying to paint one side as good and the other as bad is pathetic. In fact I am 100% sure that Iranians on Iranian forums are more obsessed about Arabs/speak more about them than Arabs do about Iranians and Iran. We also know about the historical reasons for that.

At least this forum proves this very clearly time and time again regardless of whether they belong in the "Mullah faction" or the non-"Mullah faction".

Anyway I know that you are a sensible guy and we both had our moments in the past but good discussions as well and we came to somewhat of an agreement so take this as nothing more than a reply to some of your similar claims and as a criticism of the type of Iranian/user on this forum that I am talking about.

PS: No, I have not bothered to correct any spelling mistakes etc. but I hope that I made myself clear.

@Full Moon if you have a problem with Persians for some reason or some Persian users here then direct it at them. Safavids were not Persian. Don't pick up stupid fights and mimic the many Iranian trolls/double users on this section. You make it sound like we are interested in those events. What you wrote is something I just learnt today and I am sure that I can speak for the VAST, vast majority of Saudi Arabians and Arabs here who don't know about it and who do not care the slightest.
Lastly I think that you know what Safawis are a reference to. It is a reference to the politics and actions of the Safawids.

Last edited:
Yes, the majority of the nearly 500 million Arabs, especially Sunni Arabs who form 90% of the entire Arab population are not in favor of you Iranians and especially not the Mullah's that rule you. That's a fact. Not in favor does not mean hatred. Only a complete ignoramus would claim the opposite. It does not mean if they are religious or not. They are not particularly in favor of Iran or the Mullah's by any means. Rather the opposite.
When arabs became 500 million? Last year, when I checked about it, no source reported numbers higher than about 400 millions. By this population growth rate, arabs will be more than Chinese in the next decade. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
BTW, North Africans are not like you, do algerians agree with you? what about egyptians? only 10% of them (Salafists Nour Party) are retarded. Rest of them are not what you think. Let alone Iraqis and Lebanese.
Funny that you mention racism. Even funnier when it comes from an Iranian. KSA has many old civilizations some of them older than any Iranian civilizations such as the Dilmun civilization which was a major trading partner of nearby Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley civilization just across the Arabian Sea. It was always an area of mutual influences and trading with nearby Egypt, Iraq, Yemen, Hijaz, Indus Valley, Horn of Africa and further away was completely normal. Uromatyxs are only eaten by a tiny minority in one region of KSA, Najd, and that's the only "strange" eating in the Arab world. Just as the cow heads that some Iranians eat. Besides reptiles, lizards etc. and much, much more strange eating is found in China, South East Asia, Africa, Central and Latin America where they are all STABLE dishes. That is nothing in comparison.
Instead of telling some tiny insignificant unknown names of wannabe civilizations, tell me which one of these so called civilization are world known like Achaimanids, and Cyrus the great? I think Sodom and Gomorrah are the only well known civilization of your Peninsula. Aren't they? :crazy:
Your criticism would make sense if it was not for the DOZENS of Iranain trolls, double users who are sickly obsessed about Arab issues. Let me ask you a question. How many Arab users do you see on the Iranian section? 2-3 max? How often do they post? Maybe 4-5 posts each month or so. Now tell me how many Iranian trolls are present in threads about Arab issues? I think you know the answer.
How many Iranian posters have posted in Arab defense section? I think about zero.
How many Saudi posters have posted in Iran defense section? Full Moon is regularly trolling there, and you and Khalifa and the Jordanian guy post there from time to time.
BTW, Middle East section is not your property and it is about Iranians, Turks, Jews, and Arabs. So, all of them can post freely in its thread and its not your business to tell others what to do.
Now, Arab cuisine is world famous across the world and widespread across the world. It is very diverse and found from the Atlantic Ocean in the west to Oman in the east near the Arabian Sea and from Syria in the North to Comoros in the Indian Ocean south of the equator.
Even if it was true, why should I care about it?
If it is true, good for you, Anyway, I don't give a damn about it ;)
The Emir Dubai has never been any fan of your Mullah's. Nobody in the Arab world is that or dare I say world among states for real. He just wants Iran being a rational state and actor instead of the pariah state that it is today so trade can happen which btw is totally one-sided and in favor of UAE as of now. More trade = more peaceful region. At least that is often the case.
That's BS. I have even posted the links for his interview in Iranian Chill Thread, not a long time ago. go and read it instead of falsifying.
Also I don't see anything controversial in saying that the Iranians Mullah's should worry about their own business and not Arab matters that do not concern them. Especially if they are doing nothing good.
Anyway, every government in Iran, have the rights to meddle in the ME. I wish that mullahs had a better policy there; instead of supporting Arabs against Israel or ... But, in the meanwhile, KSA's policies are not better than mullahs at all. you spend more money, send more fighters, do more sick Salafist propaganda , and so on. So, you are not better than mullahs at all ;)

Last edited:
When arabs became 500 million? Last year, when I checked about it, no source reported numbers higher than about 400 millions. By this population growth rate, arabs will be more than Chinese in the next decade. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
BTW, North Africans are not like you, do algerians agree with you? what about egyptians? only 10% of them (Salafists Nour Party) are retarded. Rest of them are not what you think. Let alone Iraqis and Lebanese.

Instead of telling some tiny insignificant unknown names of wannabe civilizations, tell me which one of these so called civilization are world known like Achaimanids, and Cyrus the great? I think only Sodom and Gomorrah are the only well known civilization of your Peninsula. Aren't they? :crazy:

How many Iranian posters have posted in Arab defense section? I think about zero.
How many Saudi posters have posted in Arab defense section? Full Moon is regularly trolling there, and you and Khalifa and the Jordanian guy post there from time to time.
BTW, Middle East section is not your property and it is about Iranians, Turks, Jews, and Arabs. So, all of them can post freely in its thread and its not your business to tell others what to do.

Even if it was true, why should I care about it?
If it is true, good for you, Anyway, I don't give a damn about it ;)

That's BS. I have even posted the links for his interview in Iranian Chill Thread, not a long time ago. go and read it instead of falsifying.

Anyway, every government in Iran, have the rights to meddle in the ME. I wish that mullahs had a better policy there. Such as supporting Arabs against Israel or ... But, in the meanwhile KSA's policies are not better than mullahs at all. you spend more money, send more fighters, do more sick Salafist propaganda , and so on. So, you are not better than mullahs at all ;)

500 million is a round number. There are about 450 million Arabs in the Arab world and a diaspora of about 40-50 million people abroad mostly in Latin America, South East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and Europe. There are 3.5 million Arabs in the US alone. 1% of the American population.

Actually now when you mention population growth then the population of the Arab League is expected to number 750 million people by 2050. I will get you a link if you want.

What does agree with me mean? Most don't hold a favorable view of the Iranian Mullah's and their policies or the Iranians that support them. That's what I am referring to. Actually Egyptians are quite anti-Shia. You should just know. In fact many have been killed in the open and been labelled as "Iranian agents". At least Shias and Sunnis live peacefully in KSA by large. Egypt has virtually and no relations with Iran at all since 1979. Even when they were ruled by nationalists and the military junta.

It is not my problem that you do not known ancient civilizations of the region. And they were not insignificant because you say so. Semitic civilization are among if not the oldest in the world. "In recent times", at least compared to 90% of the world who does not have as old civilizations as those of the ME, 4 Arab Caliphates were ruled by people form what is now KSA for nearly 1000 years and they controlled more land than any empire/civilization before them if you exclude the 90 year old Mongol Empire and the later European colonial empires.

No, dozens. In fact we often are visited by Iranian trolls and double users.

I have made 4-5 posts in the Iranian section. When people were talking behind my back which I was notified of. That's all.

Read what I am writing. I never said anything about who shall write anywhere. I asked you a simple question. You know the reality anyway.

There are 10 times more Iranian trolls that are participating in threads about Arab issues than the other way around. They both belong to the Mullah faction and the non-Mullah faction.

What falsifying? We had Arab users including me telling about the wrong translation. But keep believing that the Emir of Dubai LOVES the Mullah's. You did not even get my point which was that he hopes for Iran to become a rational state so trade can increase. He is not doing it out of love but out of business. A business than until now has been completely one-sided as you might know already.

It is not about being better or not. We are discussing Arab-Iranian relations here now. I don't see Arab states meddling in Iran to even 1/100 of the degree that the Mullah's are doing.

PS: I wrote quite a few more lines in the post that you quoted but that was after you started to reply so I will post it here if it is ok?

Last edited:
I have never seen an Iranian post in Arab defence forum. Except when I was mentioned in an post, but that is very rare.
Although I have ocassinally seen some Saudis coming over to the Iranian section.
We post on ME section. And Arab issues? We post about Syria conflict (in which Iran is a player). That means we are obsessed about what goes on in KSA? LOL the crap that comes out of your big mouth.
Who made KSA the alpha and omega of "Arab issues"?
Syria is a sovereign state that can make its own decisions, regardless of what KSA thinks. Learn your place and dont be telling us where to post or not to post. I could not care less about KSA. As long as it minds its own business. You dont own Syria or any other Arab country, nor do you tell us or anyone else what to do.

"Arab issues". What a bunch of horseshit. Seriously, grow the hell up.

Btw you simply do not speak for 500 million Arabs. I know its in your culture to hate Iran, but other Arab states such as Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Syria, Lebanon etc do not share your culture in that regard. Its relatively exclusive to the peninsula and thats an indisputable fact.

Back
Top Bottom