What's new

Turkey's Erdogan Visits Iran to Improve Ties After Split Over Syria

I think when the term "Safavids" is used (as a slur most of the time), it combines in one word "Persian nationalism that is mixed with (or covered by) radical Shia'sim". This how most Arabs use it in their political rhetoric. It also avoids using the term "Shia" for not offending all Shias who may have nothing to do with the context of the discussion.

Last edited:
I think when the term "Safavids" is used (as a slur most of the time), it combines in one word "Persian nationalism that is mixed with (or covered by) radical Shia'sim". This how most Arabs use it in their political rhetoric. It also avoids using the term "Shia" for not offending all Shias who may have nothing to do with the context of the discussion.

Mate, i'm curious, what are your opinions about Turks, Turkey ?

Indeed, you call Shia "Rafidha".

Mate, i'm curious, what are your opinions about Turks, Turkey ?

I generally like them my friend, both the country and its people. I am quite fascinated by their strong military spirit, and their constant prevalence in wars. I think that they are the most military minded people that I am aware of (after Russians may be). That of course had its side effects at certain parts of their history. Arab nationalism’s anit-Turks sentiments have started to fade away these days, and I think that Turks’ popularity is increasing. KSA was not deeply into Arab nationalism movement – rather it has always been more into Pan Islamism, and Turks are viewed favorably from that angel (for the most part). I also find Turks’ hot temper to be amazingly hilarious !

Turkey itself has built a respectable economy without depending on oil or gas reserves (like many countries in the region). Most of us in KSA, I think, considers Turkey as a beautiful country with interesting places to visit. While there is still a lot to do, Turks have relatively managed to establish a pretty good government foundation and institutions that may make democracy and transfer of power more stable in the future.

Last edited:
I generally like them my friend, both the country and its people. I am quite fascinated by their strong military spirit, and their constant prevalence in wars. I think that they are the most military minded people that I am aware of (after Russians may be). That of course had its side effects at certain parts of their history. Arab nationalism’s anit-Turks sentiments have started to fade away these days, and I think that Turks’ popularity is increasing. KSA was not deeply into Arab nationalism movement – rather it has always been more into Pan Islamism, and Turks are viewed favorably from that angel (for the most part). I also find Turks’ hot temper to be amazingly hilarious!

Turkey itself has built a respectable economy without depending on oil or gas reserves (like many countries in the region). Most of us in KSA, I think, considers Turkey as a beautiful country with interesting places to visit. While there is still a lot to do, Turks have relatively managed to establish a pretty good government foundation and institutions that may make democracy and transfer of power more stable in the future.

Thanks for the detailed post mate. Much appreciated. :)

Do us some favor and get lost

This was a beautiful thread for first 4 pages before arab/iranian rivalry took over just like India/Pak rivalry takes over most of the threads on PDF .

Back
Top Bottom