What's new

Turkey's election board bans AKP election ad for using Turkish flag

-SINAN-

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The High Elections Board (YSK) has ordered a halt to the broadcasting of a television ad produced by the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) for its use of the Turkish flag.

The main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) and the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) had filed a complaint to the YSK, arguing that the ad for the March 30 local polls was against the Election Law.

The YSK unanimously decided that the ad violated Article 8 of the law which prohibits political parties from using the national flag in their campaign materials.

The following is the ad which Turkish televisions are expected to cease broadcasting after the YSK formally informs the Communication and Information Technologies Authority (BTK) and the Supreme Board of Radio and Television (RTÜK) about the implementation of the ruling:

You can hear Erdogan's voice in the background. He is reading the National Anthem of Turkey.

I didn't like how AKP using Turkish Flag, National Anthem, Mosques for their campaign. These values do not only belong to them and their supporters. I won't vote for AKP but i have very deep respect for these values.

I agree, it's a shame how they use national values just like that.. Even parties are not allowed to use things like Turkish flag (crescent star together) in their symbols. Anyway it's normal ads won't be aired anymore on TVs, hope AKP desn't consider this as a parallel reaction and respect the decision.

I think the AKP is now facing bigger challenges as the Turkish people appear to be fed up with them violating Turkey's book of law.
Akp would get more voted ever before now cos other parties behave like stupid..they dont offer anything to Turkish people..Turks are scared to go back again 90s..

I have no idea what those words meant but I got jittery lol. 8-)

Turkish flag looks just like the Pakistani one?

Turkish flag looks just like the Pakistani one?
TurkishFlag.jpg

pakistan-flag.jpg

Your right its hard not to confuse them. :D

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom