What's new

Turkey’s ambassador to Bangladesh recalled after hanging of Islamist leader

Islam recognises its followers by only one name "Muslim". There is no shia sunni islamist or whatever other name mentioned anywhere in Islam and neither it recognises these other names.

So again its all an invention to satisfy the petty brains of humans only.
good luck explaining that to the al Sauds, the Iranian mullahs, Erdogan, the muslim brotherhood and the jihadists in Iraq, Syria all all over the world. :P

I replied to you both,you expected bashing Bangladesh which was a wrong thought.
It is your country and your laws,your terrorists,you do whatever you want.
What i was trying to say is that some Bangladeshi's come to ''Turkish'' threads and do the same as Erdogan,without knowing anything,disrespectful.

Sorry for taking this off topic but since nothing worth is being said on topic anyway I would like to ask you that what do you think of Erdogan? Is he just another dictator or does he has the support of people behind him. I have read that he is autocratic and there is significant human rights abuses like jailing opposition party members, journalists etc, curbs on freedom of speech, linkages with terrorists operating in Syria, that golden toilet etc. '

But on the other hand I sypathize with Turkey when I dig dipper and hear about PKK and the Kurd problem which is quite similar to the terrorism we are facing and how efforts are being made to justify them not as terrorist but as some kind of freedom fighters

I frankly don't know much about Turkey and it's politics except for it's architectural beauty and coffee, so often I and many others of my nation comment on Turkey's actions in ME and elsewhere based on media snippets appearing in western newspapers.

Dunno man I'm still filtering through this whole thread of butthurt lol. Its kinda sad and amusing at same time.

I didnt know one of these had been posted in this subforum too (I've only been responding to the ones in B'desh defence subforum)

Everyone's still waiting on OIC to boot Bangladesh out because Turkey+Pakistan said so.

Also still waiting on Pakistan to recall its ambassador from Dhaka....and even close their embassy down like someone suggested.

So much drama, so much butthurt....not much actually happening other than a few symbolic gestures.
It is not possible to kick out BD from OIC just because Turkey and Pakistan joined together. Bangladesh has strong political
stronghold in OIC ;)

good luck explaining that to the al Sauds, the Iranian mullahs, Erdogan, the muslim brotherhood and the jihadists in Iraq, Syria all all over the world. :P

No need to explain anyone, if they believe in Quran they should understand it themselves. It matters more what Quran says then what Saudi or Iranians have to say.

Good philosophy. So why did Turkey interfere by making such statements on internal affairs of Bangladesh...and then withdraw its ambassador when Bangladesh rightfully ignored the statements?
And since when are you Bangladeshi?

lol.....what does it matter what we think regarding the Uyghurs? We are not claiming to be the 'Ummah Brothers' of the Turks, you're claiming that, so you need to prove your solidarity to the Turks by supporting the Uyghurs.

Anyway, since you've asked about my opinion, let me inform you than we regard the Uyghurs as terrorists just like the Kashmiri separatists.
Then stop your support for Terrorists.
But I dont consider Uyghur as terrorist.
And yes this is indeed our hypocrisy that we dont support Uyghurs because of China's friendship. But Ughur-China problem is solvable very easily, I wonder why Chines are not giving this issue due attention, as China's enemies are so much attentive to it.

Turkey did not inform Bangladesh about recalling its envoy’

Turkey did not inform Bangladesh about recalling its ambassador in Dhaka over the execution of Jamaat-e-Islami chief Motiur Rahman Nizami, says State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam.

"We have no official or unofficial information regarding the withdrawal of Turkey's envoy in Dhaka," the state minister told the media on Thursday.

Alam said, “The ambassador has told us that he is going out of the country (Bangladesh). He has also informed us who will act for him in his absence.”

Reuters said in report that Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan had disclosed the recalling of Ozturk, who has been the ambassador to Bangladesh since September last year.

bbarta/Amin/AM

http://en.bbarta24.net/national/2016/05/13/1778

Turkey did not inform Bangladesh about recalling its ambassador in Dhaka over the execution of Jamaat-e-Islami chief Motiur Rahman Nizami, says State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam.

"We have no official or unofficial information regarding the withdrawal of Turkey's envoy in Dhaka," the state minister told the media on Thursday.

Alam said, “The ambassador has told us that he is going out of the country (Bangladesh). He has also informed us who will act for him in his absence.”

Reuters said in report that Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan had disclosed the recalling of Ozturk, who has been the ambassador to Bangladesh since September last year.

bbarta/Amin/AM

More egg-on-face butthurt incoming...

bbarta/Amin/AM

Sultan Erodowan may have forgotten that outside of his sultanate, everyone gives notice to recall it's ambassador!! :p

Last edited:
Turkey’s ambassador to Bangladesh recalled after hanging of Islamist leader
ANKARA

n_99075_1.jpg

Moulana Motiur Rahman Nizami, chief of the Jamaat-e-Islami, Bangladesh's biggest Islamic Political Party and an alliance of the ruling Bangladesh Nationalist Party, waves to his supporters during a rally in Dhaka February 11, 2006 - REUTERS photo

Turkish Foreign Ministry has summoned Turkey’s ambassador to Bangladesh to report to Ankara for consultations in the aftermath of the hanging of a senior Jamaat-e-Islami party leader in Dhaka, an unnamed diplomatic source said May 12.

According to the diplomatic source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking with the media, Turkish Ambassador Devrim Öztürk is expected to arrive in Ankara on May 12.

On May 11, the Turkish Foreign Ministry issued a written statement strongly condemning the execution of Motiur Rahman Nizami.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan also condemned the execution of Nizami, while demonstrators in Ankara and Istanbul protested against Nizami’s execution.

“I condemn the mentality that sentences to death a mujahid, who is over the age of 70 and who we believe has no earthly sin. I think that such proliferation of hatred there, and the ordering of such death sentences despite our repeated initiatives, is neither fair governance nor a democratic mentality,” said Erdoğan May 10.
Bangladeshi Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan said the 73-year-old Nizami was hanged at 12:10 a.m. local time on May 11 inside Dhaka central jail amid tight security. He was executed for his role in atrocities committed during the country’s independence war against Pakistan in 1971.

“Twelve million people have been victimized in Syria and about 600,000 innocent people have been killed. No Muslim can completely free himself/herself of responsibility for this sin. Those who keep silent now in the face of what happens in Bangladesh cannot abdicate their responsibility either,” Erdoğan said.

Bangladesh’s Supreme Court on May 5 rejected a final appeal by Nizami, who refused to seek presidential clemency to commute his death sentence. A condemned man can seek such clemency from the country’s figurehead president.

A crowd of activists celebrated outside the jail in Dhaka, while Jamaat-e-Islami issued a statement condemning the execution and calling for a daylong general strike across Bangladesh for May 12.

In Ankara, groups connected to several Turkish NGOs protested in front of the Bangladeshi embassy late on May 10, while members of the Anatolia Youth Association (AGD) gathered to voice their objections at a park in Istanbul.

“Oh Muslim, don’t sleep, protect your brother,” some shouted, while others chanted “Hell awaits the wrongdoers.”

AGD head Hasan Karaman described the death sentence as “unlawful,” saying a prerequisite of the Islamic faith is to cherish human life.

“Law cannot be implemented in the most brutal manner against the legitimate demands and choices of the people. Oppression cannot continue forever,” Karaman told state-run Anadolu Agency.

“It is clear that peace and tranquility cannot be maintained in Bangladesh under the shadow of an oppressive regime, one that makes no legitimate claims and has no conscience of mercy in the world,” he added.
May/12/2016

Turkey is just being an A$$... Bangladesh punished a Bangladeshi for killing Bangladeshis as per Bangladesh law... why the fcuk are other countries having issues with it.... their country... their laws... their people.

Your country,your problem,none of our business.
You are absolutely right.But the question is, who will convince that to erdogan?
The same goes for you,dont interfere in our business.
I can't remember any incidence where Bangladesh made any move or at least comment on Turkey's affairs.Can you remember?

o the Bangladeshi government executes a Bangladeshi citizen after a verdict given by the Bangladeshi judiciary.. So where does Erdogan or Turkey have a say in this ? Looks like somebody is getting way ahead of himself, While his own country is in the brink of a disaster that he and his regime created

Who died and made him the grand Poobah ?

If i was the Bangladeshi govt, I would ask Erdogan to stick his opinion up his ***
BD current GOVT is not legitmate as well as Judicary is placed by HAsina .Do your home work
https://www.hrw.org/news/2014/04/29/bangladesh-elections-scarred-violence
https://www.hrw.org/news/2014/04/29/bangladesh-elections-scarred-violence
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-25602436
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/06/world/asia/bangladesh-elections/

Enough or i should post more ,What Turkey and Pak protest is correct by all means .SO next time instead of protecting illegitimate GOVT do your home work first

Only recently their some leader asked to expunge Sickularism from their constitution and now this. Turkey is sending all the wrong signals for wrong reasons to the rest of non-Islamic world these days. After their support to ISIS ,only to be cornered by Russia and later rush into NATO's lap in haste. No doubt they are in hurry to take the pole position away from KSA.Europe and Russia better takes note of these events as it is very next to them.

Off topic ::

What is the distance between Turkey and BD ??

Back
Top Bottom