What's new

Turkey's $2.3b worth naval export to India

As far as Turkey relationships goes post the figures for India's and Pakistan's exports to Turkey
Turkey purchases 10 times more Indian goods than Pakistani goods. I am looking at 2018-2019 numbers. Pakistan exports 200-300 million to Turkey. India's exports are $4 billion.
I'm not comparing India and Pakistan here false flagger. I'm asking why the change? If business is just business(as in this case) then why the tantrum about palm oil from Malaysia...
...if it's about taking a political stand...then why not boycott Turkey completely...I mean they started on it with talks of cooperating with Greece. My question was about this flip flop thing...don't quote me...not interested in having a discussion with u. Just clarifying the context of my question.

Last edited:
Great work by Turkey, and shows strength of Turkish naval industry. Indian money being spent on Turkish equipment and R&D will actually benefit Pakistan too in the long run. A win win win for all three countries.

O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

to be fair my ummat is limited to my unit and patriot Pakistanis.

you are right about this deal. I am not salty, if Turkey has substantial trade with india then its suggestions to resolve issues like Kashmir wont be seen with such hostility

So you think that us giving Turkey 2.2 billion will make us more open to their suggestions on Kashmir and not the other way around?
I'm not comparing India and Pakistan here false flagger. I'm asking why the change? If business is just business(as in this case) then why the palm oil tantrum from Malaysia...
...if it's about taking a political stand...then why not boycott Turkey completely...I mean they started on it with talks of cooperating with Greece. My question was about this flip flop thing...don't quote me...not interested in having a discussion with u. Just clarifying the context of my question.

Malaysia has given up on Kashmir man. Indian palm oil bans were a key factor in mahatir's ouster.

I'm not comparing India and Pakistan here false flagger. I'm asking why the change? If business is just business(as in this case) then why the palm oil tantrum from Malaysia...

I do not check the export-import statistics. Let me guess - Malaysia does not purchase much from India.

Spare me this holier than bullshit .
It is not like when UAE honored Modi Pakistanis stopped working in UAE

At least no one from our side ran to Turkey to bitch about this deal like our neighbors who whine at every deal.

China has billion of dollars of business with India but you won't find us whining about it either.

So yeah go buy $10 billion of stuff from Turkey. We won't be bothered.

At least no one from our side ran to Turkey to bitch about this deal like our neighbors who whine at every deal.

China has billion of dollars of business with India but you won't find us whining about it either.

So yeah go buy $10 billion of stuff from Turkey. We won't be bothered.

Turkey purchased billions of dollars of Indian products in 2018-2019. you would think they would do something instead of issuing meaningless statements on Kashmir

Turkey purchased billions of dollars of Indian products in 2018-2019. you would think they would do something instead of issuing meaningless statements on Kashmir
Anyone thinking that any country can help on Kashmir issue is living in a fool's paradise. In fact i have explicitly stated many times that Kashmir issue shouldn't be linked with our foreign policy with brotherly countries. It is our fight and we got to fight it on our own.

Anyone thinking that any country can help on Kashmir issue is living in a fool's paradise. In fact i have explicitly stated many times that Kashmir issue shouldn't be linked with our foreign policy with brotherly countries. It is our fight and we got to fight it on our own.
I have no problem with your statement except it is at direct odds with the statements of some of Pakistani government representatives and some PDFers

India should not involve in business with Turkey..

As far as Turkey relationships goes post the figures for India's and Pakistan's exports to Turkey
Turkey purchases 10 times more Indian goods than Pakistani goods. I am looking at 2018-2019 numbers. Pakistan exports 200-300 million to Turkey. India's exports are $4 billion.

Sure, and what effect did that have on Erdagon's stance? China is one of India's biggest trading partners, I do not see Xi picking up the phone to sell you J-20s, do you!?
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

"O God, I cannot come up with a coherent argument so send me a poems instead...."

Sure, and what effect did that have on Erdagon's stance? China is one of India's biggest trading partners, I do not see Xi picking up the phone to sell you J-20s, do you!?

Correction: China is largest source of imports for India
India should not involve in business with Turkey..
that would be unwise

Last edited:
Great work by Turkey, and shows strength of Turkish naval industry. Indian money being spent on Turkish equipment and R&D will actually benefit Pakistan too in the long run. A win win win for all three countries.

Translation : Indian cash will develop pakistan navy. Turkey will be able to have funds and develop better tech.

I see how turkey and pak benefits. But how does India benefit from this arrangement?

Translation : Indian cash will develop pakistan navy. Turkey will be able to have funds and develop better tech.

I see how turkey and pak benefits. But how does India benefit from this arrangement?

Right now China, USA and EU are the big players. It would help India in the long run if there are more independent regional players like South Korea, Indonesia, Pakistan (gulp !!!), Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Brazil.

Right now China, USA and EU are the big players. It would help India in the long run if there are more independent regional players like South Korea, Indonesia, Pakistan (gulp !!!), Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Brazil.
But they are helping pakistan by helping turkish r and d. Which turkey will share with pak and China

So that brings back to my original question. What does india get by making pakistan and china more independent regional players?

But they are helping pakistan by helping turkish r and d. Which turkey will share with pak and China

So that brings back to my original question. What does india get by making pakistan and china more independent regional players?

What makes you think Turkey is sharing R&D with Pakistan ?

China is already an independent regional player. An independent Pakistan will chart its own course - not one tethered to the Saudis, Americans or Chinese. Independent regional players are more rational, more confident and are easier to deal with

Back
Top Bottom