What's new

Turkey warns against Kurdish self-rule in Syria

Yeah, utterly destroyed according to Turkish propaganda media. If you looked at neutral medias, PKK managed to take over and hold big parts of Hakkari for two weeks. I can send you videos and pictures of PKK members making routine walks down amongst the people there. No soldiers or police to be spotted. The front war was a success and Erdogan quickly realised this. Why do you think it only took MIT and AKP two months after the Hakkari clashes to go and see Ocalan?

Lolz; :cheesy:

Do you know what "front war" means ??? PKK hold static and destroyed by heavy artillery and aerial bombardment. If you think they can survive with AKs while holding static (forget even counter-attacking), you are out of your mind.

And those guys you seen in the cities are "city-militias" as they do it give moral to PKK. As their fighting units blown to pieces.

Neutral media :) Like Roj tv... sure that is PKK propaganda TV.

What are you going to do if PKK comes down into Kurdish and Turkish cities? You cant even cope with 50 TAK members ( I dont support them btw), how are you going to cope with the thousands of PKK members in the cities all over the country? Are you going to bomb your own cities with F16 and artillery shells?
[/quote]

If they come they will get killed, simple as that.

You may wanna look into Dersim Rebellion.

Dersim Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well obviously they did survive with just AK 47s against the mighty army. I can show you the videos. I will post them here. Just promise not to report me or try to censor me like you always do.

What about Dersim massacre? Turkey committed a massacre that even Erdogan apoligized for. It is internationally recognized. But do not worry. If Turkey does such thing against Kurds again, Kurds will retiliate. You keep going in some direction that Turkey is invincible. Far from it. The Kurds are not like earlier. Kurds have the capability to fight back, retiliate and reisist a state massacre. Since PKK came into being, Turkey has not been able to commit genocide against the Kurdish people.

Well obviously they did survive with just AK 47s against the mighty army. I can show you the videos. I will post them here. Just promise not to report me or try to censor me like you always do.

What about Dersim massacre? Turkey committed a massacre that even Erdogan apoligized for. It is internationally recognized. But do not worry. If Turkey does such thing against Kurds again, Kurds will retiliate. You keep going in some direction that Turkey is invincible. Far from it. The Kurds are not like earlier. Kurds have the capability to fight back, retiliate and reisist a state massacre. Since PKK came into being, Turkey has not been able to commit genocide against the Kurdish people.

genocide? bold statement :/, i like Kurds anyway a few of them are my friends but they are from iraq kurdish area.

Kurds have the capability to fight back, retiliate and reisist a state massacre. Since PKK came into being, Turkey has not been able to commit genocide against the Kurdish people.
And you say you are not a pkk supporter?
Its obviously that you are brainwashed by pkk and now living in fairy tailes.

If they come they will get killed, simple as that.
You may wanna look into Dersim Rebellion.
Dersim Rebellion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And you say you are not a pkk supporter?
Its obviously that you are brainwashed by pkk and now living in fairy tailes.

Why does it matter who I support? Do you want to see those videos of PKK capturing Semdinli and Hakkari areas? Promise not to report me and promise not to run to your admin and I will share them with you so you can see what really happened.

Why does it matter who I support? Do you want to see those videos of PKK capturing Semdinli and Hakkari areas? Promise not to report me and promise not to run to your admin and I will share them with you so you can see what really happened.

No, i will report you, if you show those terrorist cams. I know what you are talking about. IED'ing from distance. All sorts of sick things.

@Neptune keep an eye on this thread please.

First of all, What did you expect government when Kurds rebelled, killed soldiers, burn down military posts. I mean i'm curious what should have the government have to do at that time ?

I'm not argue further about military capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, i will report you, if you show those terrorist cams. I know what you are talking about. IED'ing from distance. All sorts of sick things.

@Neptune keep an eye on this thread please.

First of all, What did you expect government when Kurds rebelled, killed soldiers, burn down military posts. I mean i'm curious what should have the government have to do at that time ?

I'm not argue further about military capabilities.

I am not talking about military actions. I am talking about videos of PKK units in the city centres, in the villages, meeting with journalists in the middle of a trafficated road, collection of Turkish soldiers weapons and IDs etc. There is basically no Turkish army personel in Hakkari and Semdinli in the videos. Choppers and aircrafts, yes, but no soldiers or tanks. You know exactly that all these videos are proof enough that PKK was not the losing part of Hakkari/Semdinli fightings in 2011. But I will spare you since I know you are going to report me for spreading the truth...

First and foremost, the rebellion happened after the displacement and forced assimilation of Kurds and Alevi Kurds. And the massacre happened after the fightings stopped. The army deliberately targeted civilians. Anyways, your PM apoligized for it so it is officially recognised as a massacre even by the Turkish state.

I am not talking about military actions. I am talking about videos of PKK units in the city centres, in the villages, meeting with journalists in the middle of a trafficated road, collection of Turkish soldiers weapons and IDs etc. There is basically no Turkish army personel in Hakkari and Semdinli in the videos. Choppers and aircrafts, yes, but no soldiers or tanks. You know exactly that all these videos are proof enough that PKK was not the losing part of Hakkari/Semdinli fightings in 2011. But I will spare you since I know you are going to report me for spreading the truth...

Those you mentioned are city-militias, they dissappear when police arrives. And weapons and ID's most probably forged or stolen to enable them to make propaganda.

There are battalions in Hakkari province, how can there be no soldier. I also have videos showing Turkish soldiers on Şemdinli attacks... what about it ?

First and foremost, the rebellion happened after the displacement and forced assimilation of Kurds and Alevi Kurds. And the massacre happened after the fightings stopped. The army deliberately targeted civilians. Anyways, your PM apoligized for it so it is officially recognised as a massacre even by the Turkish state.

I'm tired. :close_tema:

Those you mentioned are city-militias, they dissappear when police arrives. And weapons and ID's most probably forged or stolen to enable them to make propaganda.

There are battalions in Hakkari province, how can there be no soldier. I also have videos showing Turkish soldiers on Şemdinli attacks... what about it ?

I'm tired. :close_tema:

Just tell me whenever you are ready to have a normal discussion without labelling everything as terrorist supporter. You were the one who brought up the Semdinli attacks. You should be man enough to have an honest discussion without hiding behind certain mods.

Just tell me whenever you are ready to have a normal discussion without labelling everything as terrorist supporter. You were the one who brought up the Semdinli attacks. You should be man enough to have an honest discussion without hiding behind certain mods.

Well, you label everything as governmental propaganda. Also, your sources speaks for itself.

I'm just tried of saying somethings over and over again.

And i don't think, any terrorist propaganda material will not be tolerated.

Well, you label everything as governmental propaganda. Also, your sources speaks for itself.

I'm just tried of saying somethings over and over again.

And i don't think, any terrorist propaganda material will not be tolerated.

What sources? There are two sides of this war. One is Turkey the other is PKK. In your world, the only trustworthy source is the Turkish media. When I present Kurdish links or anything connected to Kurds you call it terrorist propaganda.

No. I just call it propaganda. But unlike you, I do not have a Turkish or Kurdish moderator to hide behind whenver I feel pushed up in a corner.

I feel sorry for you really. You bring up the Semdinli attack but you are not willing to discuss it from more than one perspective.

Finally you admit your support to pkk.

Turkey and Iraqi Kurdistan: What’s in Store for Alliance of Convenience?

The Kurdish conundrum makes Turkey face tall orders again. Its policy of supporting terrorist and insurgent forces in Syria has stymied. Now the Turkish officials change the tune. Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu speaks more frequently about «extremist activities and the damage they cause to the Syrian revolution» and the fact that «Turkey has never supported radicals fighting Bashar Assad».

The use of the term «Syrian revolution» as a figure of speech implies that Ankara still wants the power changed in Syria, but it has changed the ways to achieve this goal. The main reason is the growing role of Kurdish factor in the Arab country that shares a long border with Turkey… The Kurdish people are a nation divided by borders. The situation has started to change this year when the northern areas of the country have become the main battlefield between the regular Syrian army and motley rag-tag armed formations of opposition. Around 2, 5 million Kurds (up to 10 percent of the country’s entire population) lived there till the war erupted. This summer it was reported that the Syrian Kurds were one step from the declaration of autonomy. Some of their leaders were killed, so the Kurds called for total mobilization, created armed formations for self-defense and fought the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Jabhat al-Nusra, the two groups closely affiliated with Al-Qaeda.

On November 12, the Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union, the largest Kurdish political force, made open its plans to establish an interim government in Syrian Kurdistan. If this plans come true, Turkey may see a new Kurdish autonomous area in the vicinity of its territory to be added in future by other autonomies emerged to stretch along the border line with Iraq, Iran and Syria. It may have grave consequences in case the «parade» of Kurdish autonomies spreads to south-eastern Turkey.

It spurs Ankara’s efforts aimed at rapprochement with the government of Iraqi Kurdistan with the capital in Erbil and the Iraqi central powers based in Baghdad. Neither relationship is stable. Any sign of getting closer to the regional powers in northern Iraq provokes new tensions with Baghdad, which looks askance at the contacts between Turkey and Iraqi Kurds.

In the recent months Ankara has managed to smooth over some prickly issues affecting the relationship with the cabinet of Nouri al-Maliki in Baghdad. At the beginning of 2012 the Iraqi government accused Ankara of meddling into its internal affairs by granting political asylum to former Vice-President of Iraq Tariq al-Hashimi. The latter was sentenced to death by hanging. He escaped to Turkey having crossed Iraqi Kurdistan. In the August of 2012 Ahmet Dovutoglu went to visit Kirkuk, the city situated in the northern part of Ira. He did not see fit to inform Baghdad about it.

Now the relationship has changed. On November 10, just a few days after meeting his Iraqi counterpart in Ankara, Dovutoglu paid a return visit to Baghdad. The meeting resulted in a roadmap of political, trade and transport cooperation. At the same time Turkey wants to get a free hand in its relationship with Erbil eyeing multi-billion projects related to pumping oil through pipelines from the northern part of Iraq to Turkey. The divergences remain between Erbil and Baghdad over sharing the revenue produced by oil fields in the northern Iraq, but the issue could be tackled in the process of working dialogue. That’s what Turkey tries to achieve coming up with offers to manage the dispute. Ankara emphasizes the damage inflicted to Turkey as a result of sanctions imposed on Iran by the West. Energy and Natural Resources Minister of Turkey Taner Yıldız has reported recently the oil import to his country from Iran has been reduced from 140 to 105 barrels per day. Under the circumstances oil and gas coming from Iraqi Kurdistan could be a real windfall.

While developing economic ties with Kurds Turkey tries to tackle political goals as well, for instance the ones related to the situation in the densely populated Kurdish areas of Syria. Now Ankara tries to look at Syrian Kurds as a stabilizing factor in the border area, a potential forward area for armed Islamists formations penetrating into Syria. Turkey takes into consideration the complexity of relationship between the Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union and the authorities of Kurdistan. Erbil expressed support of compatriots in the north of Syria when Islamic radicals attacked them. Still the Iraqi Kurdish leaders are wary of the Democratic Union’s attempts to become the sole representative of Syrian Kurds. Turkish observers stress the strong presence of Kurdish Workers Party (PKK) in Syrian Kurdish provinces. The regional government of Iraqi Kurdistan wanted to control the movement for autonomy but it still has a long way to go to achieve the goal.

Experts have put forward a conjecture about the possibility of alliance of Ankara and Erbil to contain the Kurdish Workers Party and prevent its penetration to the north of Syria. I believe that even if it emerges, this kind of union will be an outright marriage of convenience. It’s also an alliance of convenience when it comes to other matters aside from Syria. To large extent the rapprochement with Erbil is explained by oncoming presidential elections in Turkey. The ruling Justice and Development Party has great hopes for the vote. In 2014 the head of Turkish Republic will be elected through a direct vote by people not by parliament as it has been done until now. The longtime leader of the Justice and Development Party and incumbent Prime Minister Recep Erdogan wants the overwhelming majority of voters to cast their ballots for him. No matter how peculiar it may seem at first, the leadership of Iraqi Kurdistan may lend him a helping hand.

The Party had a good result at the 2011 election in the south-eastern parts of Turkey wining more votes than the local pro-Kurdish Peace and Democracy Party (BDP). Some Turkish Kurds link their aspirations for democratic reforms with the Justice and Development Party and the personality of Erdogan. The Erdogan’s team tries to do its best to bolster these expectations. On November 16 the President of Iraqi Kurdistan Masoud Barzani visited Turkey to confirm the desire of Ankara and Erbil to establish an alliance of convenience. As the leader of Iraqi Kurds Barzani visited Diyarbakir, the largest Turkish city with Kurdish population. Generally he spoke favorably about strengthening the ties between Erbil and Ankara. According to some Turkish media outlets that refer to the Prime Minister’s Office sources, one of the issues on the Erdogan-Barzani agenda was establishing Syrian Kurds self-rule bodies, the both parties spoke negatively about such development of events in the north of Syria…

By and large the Syrian Kurds are becoming a regional political force to reckon with when it comes to determining the future of Syrian statehood. Damascus understands it well and the idea of Kurdish autonomy has been welcomed there. Fostering further mutual understanding, Damascus may find a natural ally in the fight against rebels and terrorists. If it happens, then it will be much easier to find common ground while tackling any issue related to internal situation in Syria.

On November 8 Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of Al-Qaeda, called for disbandment of its affiliated unit, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). The jihadist Al-Nusra Front (Jabhat al-Nusra) would continue to function as an independent branch of Al Qaeda in Syria.

One of the options presupposes the Ankara government would set up an escrow account at a state-owned Turkish bank to collect proceeds of Kurdistan regional government (KRG) energy sales. Out of the proceeds of the payments from the sales, the contractors – the KRG and Baghdad - will get their share of compensation. The process of exporting oil from Iraq to Turkey will be controlled by three parties’ oversight committee representing Baghdad, Erbil and Ankara.

Back
Top Bottom